Times Are Changing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times Are Changing

TIMES ARE CHANGING

CHARACTERS: LEX, LANA, CLARK, CHLOE, LOIS, MARTHA, LIONEL, PETE, AND OTHERS.

RATING: PG-13

CHAPTER ONE

Lana woke to the familiar fragrance of Lex Luthors cologne. She had gotten use to the wonderful scent and decided what other way to begin this wonderful day than to smell her loves cologne. Today was extra special. Today she was marring this wonderful man. Even if some people thougt him to be the worst type of guy you could ever meet, as she once did, she had learned to look past the cover and love what was on the inside. But, Lex was still VERY handsome.

Lex began to stir and eventually rolled over and opened one eye. “I forgot you were here. Isn’t it bad luck to see the bride before the wedding?”

Lana grinned remembering how it was planned that she stay with Pete and Chloe, but after dinner and a little wine in the limo, Lana had ended up back at the mansion that her and Lex now shared. “From what I can remember, you were the one who insisted that I come home, so if any bad luck be brought upon us, it is your fault, Mr. Luthor.”

He grinned showing that award winning smile and leaned over to kiss her. As their lips met he decided she was what he wanted, all he needed for the rest of his life. As they were getting up Lana’s cell phone rang.

“Hello.”

“Good morning sunshine! I hope you got all your beauty sleep last night because you have exactly twelve minutes and thirty-four seconds before Chlo and I come and sweep you away.”

“What are you talking about Lois? We planned on coming to the mansion to get ready, we don’t have time for any daring adventure.”

“Oh, but we do. Don’t put on any make-up or even brush your hair. Now tell Lex all is going as planned.”

“What are you talking abo……. Lois? Lois?”

Lana laid her phone down and looked at Lex. “What does Lois have planned?”

“I wouldn’t know she just told me to have you up by nine. Now you better get dressed, you know how Lois is if your not ready on time.” He helped her up and lead her to the bathroom and told her to go and get dressed. Lois was not the one who had planned the morning at the spa, he did. He wanted his bride to look gorgeous, not that she needed any help, but he wanted her to feel radiant. He had just slipped his clothes on when the bathroom door opened and Lana walked out looking wonderful in her baggy jeans, and pull over with flip flops and a huge pair of sun glasses.

“I hate not being told where it is I’m going.”

“Its not much longer, in another eight hours, you will be Mrs. Lex Luthor. So cheer up.” He bent down to kiss her, when a guard came and told them that Mrs. Kent was here.

“Ill never get used to Lois being Mrs. Kent. I guess I better get going, bye love.” She shouted behind her shoulder as she bounced off, following the guard.

Three hours later, Lana Lang, Chloe Ross, and Lois Kent had all been properly pampered at the spa, and with hair and make-up done, they were on their way to go to the Kent Farm so Mrs. Kent sr. could make sure the dresses were just right.

A few hours later, Lana became Lana Luthor. As they were leaving the rehearsal dinner at the mansion, Clark and Lois met them at the car. Clark looked stunning in his tux, Lana thought, but not as good as Lex. She remembered back to when she was in high school and Clark was all she ever thought about. She also remembered when they had both given their virginity to each other. She now wished she would have waited for Lex, but was glad it was to Clark than someone else. Lois was very lucky to have Clark for a husband and with their first baby on the way, she looked happier than ever.

Lana came back to earth to hear Lois saying, “We wanted you to know that we are truly happy for you. Clark and I both agreed that we wanted you two to be our child’s godparents.”

Lana was in tears. She looked at Lois then at Clark and said, “We would be honored.” Even without Lex’s consent. Lana decided that today was truly her most wonderful day ever.

Lois smiled, put her hand on her stomach and looked at Clark, “I don’t think Jonathon Samuel isn’t liking this dress anymore than I am.”

Clark smiled, “Yeah, we better get going. it’s a long drive back to Metropolis with a pregnant woman griping the whole way.”

“You try going three hours with a baby sitting on your bladder and not pee. You know, Smallville, I wouldn’t be in this pickle if it wasn’t for you and you…”

“Well congratulations to both of you, Lois, we got to go.”

Lana looked at Lex and they both smiled at each other. Lois was getting larger in her stomach. She walked toward Lois,” Thank you both for everything.”

Lois and Lana hugged and Clark and Lex shook hands before finally embracing in a hug. “ You know your like a brother to me Clark.”

“Thanks, Lex, and congratulations again.”

Clark and Lois got into their car and, with Lois waving, drove away. Lana and Lex watched them go, and with no honeymoon to go to, headed inside. Lex had wanted to go on a romantic honeymoon but Lana had insisted on staying at the mansion. “I could always get my…our private jet to fly us somewhere exotic, its still not to late.”

Lana turned around and smiled. She walked to her husband and took his hands in hers. “I would love to , but can’t”

She reached up to kiss him but he pulled away. “Lana, I have asked you for months why you didn’t want a honeymoon and was satisfied without a reason, but now that we are actually married could you please tell me why?”

Lana looked into Lex’s greenish-gray eyes and sighed. She wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head against his chest. She listened to his heartbeat. His matched hers. She knew this was where she belonged. Here, now, with Lex. She loved him more than she thought she should ever be allowed to love. “You’ll laugh at me.”

“Try me.”

“It’s because…well you see…my…I have this…I want to know where my first child is conceived. I know it sounds stupid, and that most people always know where they conceive their children but they have doubts, and I want to be sure.”

Lex grabbed her by the shoulders and gently pulled her away from him so he could look her in the eyes. He had a smile playing on his lips. “Are you already planning for children?”

Lana raised her eyes to his, “No, its just this thing I have always promised myself, I can’t explain. I just want to know where I conceive my children. Do you think I’m strange?”

“Not at all, I find what you are saying very reasonable.”

“Really?”

“Yes, and we are taking a trip to Paris next month for a huge deal I am about to invest in and I am not going without you. So, unless you want to doubt, I suggest we get started on this baby making business.”

“Right now? Lex, we just got married.”

“But, we have been together and have had passionate sex for nearly everyday for the past four years. I’d say we’re ready.”

“For a baby? Another living, breathing, miniature version of us that we will be responsible for, for the next eighteen years. Are you sure you want one?”

“Do you?”

“Yes.”

“Well, what are we waiting for. There’s no time like the present.”

Lex gathered her in his arms. He carried her upstairs into their bedroom and laid her down on the bed.
    Their lips were locked and Lex had gotten his shirt off and Lana’s and was working on her bra when his father, Lionel Luthor, walked in. “Dad! What the hell are you doing? Haven’t you ever heard of knocking?”

“I’m sorry Lex. I was just wondering where the papers were for the meeting next week, before you two go on gallivanting.”

“On the desk in my office at LuthorCorp.”

“Lex, they were very important documents son that were meant to be put under lock and key not on top of your desk where anyone could come upon them.”

Lex sighed and got up and showed his father to the door. “Dad, now is not the time to be lecturing me. Bye.”

Lionel turned to say something else but Lex shut the door in his face and locked it. He walked over to the bed where Lana had pulled the blankets over her. Lex smiled, “Now, where were we?”

He began to kiss her neck and his hands slid up her back when she pushed him away. “What’s wrong?”

“I don’t know, I’m just suddenly not in the mood.”

“But its our wedding night. Lana, don’t let my father ruin things. You would only be giving him the victory.”

“Lex. I am not in the mood.”
    Lex sighed, “What about a baby?”

“Lex Luthor, a baby is the farthest thing from your mind and you know it.”

“Lana, I’m sorry. It’s just that I want you. Please, its our wedding night. This is supposed to happen.”

Lana shook her head and sighed, “I’ll try. Its just that your father makes me so uncomfortable.”

Lex wasted no time. Without apologizing for his father he began to remove Lana’s bra and his own pants. He was working on Lana’s when she sighed again. He stopped. “Ok, I give in.”

“Thank you. And I do love you, but to make a baby successfully I need to be in the right mood. Maybe if we get something to eat, I’m starving.”

Lex grinned, he grabbed Lana into his arms and just lay there for a minute. He never thougt he could be this happy. He had become to believe that no one would ever love him and not his money. Lana had even agreed to his fathers demands for a prenuptial agreement. Lana had broke through the barriers in his heart and had managed to soften the bitterness he held within him. “I love you Lana. “

“I love you, too, Lex Luthor.”

This is my second fanfic im still trying to patch up my first, but tell me what you think.

You rock Jamie!

It's awesome!

Continue girl!

Comment

Lovin' it, lovin' it!

Comment

Nice job. You should keep writing. Lex/Lana fiction is pretty rare.

Comment

Thanks for all the posts. Sorry its taken me a while to post chapter two. Chapter three will be posted in a couple of days.

CHAPTER TWO

Lois Kent sat with her feet propped up, talking on the phone to Chloe Ross.

“Lois, where is Clark?”

“I had a craving for pizza, so I sent him to Italy.”

“Italy? Lois! You may be eight months pregnant and suffering but couldn’t you ease up a bit on Clark?”

“Hey, Clark got me in this mess the least he can do is fly to Italy and pick me up a pizza. Besides it only takes him thirty minutes.”

“You are terrible. How has little Jonathon been today?”

“Actually, he’s been really good. Clark didn’t get to sleep last night much because he said he was kicking. Obviously he’s gonna be strong as Clark.”

“Well I’m happy for both of you. Changing the subject how’s superman been these days?”

“I have limited his flying time so he can be home with me more. But all in all he’s pretty happy he’s gonna be superdad.”

Laughing Chloe said, “Lois I have to go, Petes cooking and I smell smoke.”

“Ok, Chlo. Bye.”

“Bye.”
          As Lois hung up the phone Clark walked through the bedroom door with a box in his hand that was sending off an aroma that was making Lois drool.

“Who was that?”

“Chloe. Did you get olives?”

“Yes, what were you two talking about?”

“Hand me a napkin.”

Lois took a bite of the pizza and closed her eyes. “Mmmm. Perfect Smallville.”

“I thought we had agreed that you wouldn’t call me that anymore.”

“Ohhhh, Clark! You ruined the moment.”

Clark ignored the comment and pushed his glasses up. “I seen Bruce today.”

“Oh, really where?”

“In Japan. He said that he and Lucy were going to spend the winter in Metropolis.”

Lois sat up as much as her stomach would allow her to. “Really? I haven’t seen my sister in two years.”

“Well now’s your chance. You know you and your sister are more alike more than you let on.”

“How’s that?”

“You both married men with rather exquisite job titles.”

Lois attempted to get up, but finally agreed to Clarks outstretched hand. She wrapped her arms around him as far as her stomach would allow. Clark took off his glasses and Lois gazed into his deep blues. “But I’m lucky, my husband is extra terrestrial.”

“Lois Kent, I love you.”

“And I love you, too, Smallville.”

He reached down and gently kissed her before she pulled away and yawned. “I’m give out, come on Clark, theres no way I’m getting these shoes of by myself.”

“May I take your order ma’am?”

“Lana?”

Lana looked up to see the waiter standing over her with a pad and pencil in hand. “I’m sorry, I’ll just have a glass of water and a chicken salad."

The waiter took the order and left. “Are you okay, Lana?”
          “Yeah, I was just daydreaming.”

“So what has the new Mrs. Luthor been up to?”

“Nothing in particular. I just went to the doctor the other day.”

“And?” Chloe knew that Lana and Lex had been working on a baby but for the past few months had been unsuccessful.

“I’m pregnant.”

“Oh, Lana! How Long?”

“A few weeks.”

“I’m so happy for you. Have you told Lex?”

“No, I don’t know why but I’m dreading having to tell him.”

“But I thought both of you agreed you were ready for a baby.”

“We did but Lex has been so busy with everything his father has put on him he hasn’t even been sleeping in bed for the past week. I’ll wake up and find him past out at his desk in his office. I’m afraid he may be having second thoughts.”

“Maybe it’s just that he’s afraid that your disappointed in him for what the doctor said.”

“We agreed to have the doctor not tell us who was infertile. He did say that there was some chance, but you might be right Chloe. Lex hasn’t even looked at me in these past weeks, do you think he might blame me?”

“I think its probably himself he blames. Lex has been through some very strange things in his life. He has a high white blood cell count, remember from the meteor shower?”

“But that made him strong enough to survive after his father tried poisoning him with the scotch, why would it make him infertile?”

“I don’t know, but it might be you. The point is you need to tell Lex that your pregnant, I don’t think he’s not wanting children anymore he’s just afraid he is the problem and can’t make you happy.”

“You’re right.” Lana smiled as the waiter brought their food. She was still worried but trusted Chloe, she had always been able to predict people and their feelings.

Lex sat at his desk rubbing his eyes. His father had him working on a deal that would bring the company seventy-seven million dollars. For the past few weeks he hadn’t had much time to spend with Lana. He really was afraid to be around her, for the past week he had intentionally fell asleep at his desk so he wouldn’t have to face Lana. He remembered the doctor’s words, “You’re infertile.” Lana didn’t want to know who was but one of them was. She kept saying that there was a chance. Lex had worried for over a month if it was him. He had finally called the doctor behind Lana’s back and asked. It was him. Lex Luthor. It was his fault Lana couldn’t bear children to him. He felt worthless. He couldn’t give Lana the one thing any man should be able to give his wife. She had given so much to him and he could give her anything in the world except the one thing she truly wanted.

He still had his head down when he heard his door open. “Dad, I told you enough for tonight.”

“Can we talk?”

Lex looked up to see Lana standing in the door way. He stood up and walked over to her. “Yeah.”

She sat down on the sofa and Lex sat next to her. She turned to face him and took his hands in hers. “Lex, you’ve been distant for the past week or two. What’s wrong?”

The moment of truth, he was going to have to tell her. Lex Luthor was a man who did not cry but he could feel the tears stinging his eyes. Lana saw them well up and Lex could see the question was coming. “Lana, I called the doctor. I’m sorry, I know we had agreed we didn’t want to know but I just couldn’t go on acting normal and not find out.”

Lana was confused. “What for? What did we…” It hit her. Lex had called the doctor to find out who it was that was infertile. “Lex, why?”

“Because I hated the look in your eyes every time you went to the doctor and was told again that you wasn’t pregnant. I had to know if it was my fault. And…it is.”

Lana was crying now. She didn’t know if she was sad or happy. She could fix this all she had to do was tell Lex that she was pregnant. She still hurt for her husband. She knew that having all that money and knowing that there was nothing he could do to fix this. “Lex, you don’t have to worry, it’s all right…”

“No, Lana its not. I want to make you happy and I can’t do that. You want children and it’s my fault you can’t have them.”

Lex was crying now. Lana had never seen him cry before and it was tearing her apart sitting there watching her husband fall apart. “Lex, it’s all right. I went to the doctor and he said that I’m pregnant.”

Lex was in a state of shock. Could he really be hearing what he was hearing? It took him a minute for the words to make sense. He looked Lana in the eyes. He couldn’t say anything. There were no words for the feeling dwelling up inside him. He took Lana in his arms and kissed her. The kiss lasted so long that Lana was breathless when they pulled apart.

“Lana, I’m so sorry for avoiding you this past week. After the doctor told me that, I felt useless. That I wasn’t worth anything to you anymore. The work my father was burying me in was a cover up. But, I’m going to quit. The deal isn’t worth as much to me as you are. You and our baby are my number one priority. I’m going to tell my father I’m backing out of the deal.”

Lex obviously wasn’t thinking this thing through. Lana wanted Lex all to herself but he didn’t need to be with her every waking minute. “Lex you don’t have to quit, I”ll be…”

“Lana, it means more for me to quit than what your seeing. Believe me.”

Lex wrapped Lana in his arms. He laid back on the couch with her laying on his chest. He closed his eyes. Nothing meant more to him than Lana. Now their child. Lana raised her head and looked Lex in the eyes. “I love you.”

Lex smiled as she wiped a tear off his cheek. She was the only person who had ever seen him cry. “I love you two, too.”

She laid her head down on his chest. They laid there together for hours. Just taking in each others love for the other.

Lionel Luthor slammed his fist on his desk at LuthorCorp. “Lex, we have been planning this deal for months.”

“I’m sorry dad, I told you Lana needs me and all the time I can give her. Working on this project, this fascination of yours doesn’t allow me much time to spend with her.”

“Lex, this deal wil bring the company 77 million dollars. How can you throw that away for some typical woman?”

Lex walked up to be face to face with his father. “She is my wife and carrying your grandchild, the future of LuthorCorp.”

“If it turns out to be anything like you, LuthorCorp has no future.”

Lex gulped. How could he be related to this creature that was standing in front of him. He turned to walk out but, was stopped when his father said, “Just remember Lex I was where you are once, it took me awhile but I finally discovered women are good for nothing more than bearing children and causing problems. Have your fun now Lex, for I warn you, Lana will soon become nothing more than a painful headache with a tiny nuisance.”

Lex was tempted to somehow kill the old ******* but instead walked out the door.

Comment

I love it! Keep writing, please.

Comment

Ok guys, this chapter was harder to write, i had some problems with it and tried to change it so many times that i finally decided to go with the original one i had written, so here it goes...

Chapter Three

"Where the hell is Clark?"

Lois was in a hospital bed, sweaty, uncomfortable, and in the worst pain she had ever experienced. Chloe and Pete were there.

"I don't know Lois, Pete went to look for him."

"Oh God! I can't have this baby without him Chloe."

Lois grabbed Chloes hand as she went trough another contraction. Clark choose that moment to run throught the door. "Lois, are you okay?"

When the contraction subsided Lois looked at him and said, "Oh, I don't know i'm only trying to pass a watermelon out of a lemon!"

Chloe decided to leave when the doctor came in. "Ok Mrs. Kent, you are dilated 10 centimeters. We're going to get you moved into the delivery room. Mr. Kent if you would just step into the bathroom over there and put these on."

Clark stared at the scrubs the doctor was handing him. He was considering trying to talk Lois into letting Chloe go with her. Lois could tell what he was thinking. "Clark, you got me into this mess, now go into the bathroom and put the damn scrubs on!"

Clark fought and protected people everyday, but he feared no one more than Lois. "It'll only take me a minute."

Within minutes they were in the delivery room and Lois was in full labor. She was holding Clarks hand and as the doctor told her to push one more time Lois screamed right into Clarks sensitive ear. Then the room was silented by the tiny scream of a new born.

Little Lara Lane Kent was a healthy bouncy baby. Clark stood at the nursery window later on that night looking in at his baby sleeping. He didn't care that the doctor had been wrong about it being a boy. Lois was happier than ever. She had told him to go home but he couldn't leave. He sighed as he walked back to Lois's room. He watched her sleep for the next couple of hours before finally falling asleep himself.

Lex and Lana walked down the hospital halls on their way to see the new parents and greet the new baby. They had been in metropolis and couldn't get away when news of Lois going into labor had arrived.

When they walked in the room Lois was watching T.V. and Clark was sitting beside her holding the baby. Clark looked up as they came through the door. "Hey guys."

Lana walked over to Clark and stretched out her hands, "Can I?"

"Sure, sure." He handed little Lara to Lana and looked at Lex. "Lets walk out here."

As the guys walked out Lana looked at Lois and smiled. "You must feel exhausted."

"I'm ok, i've never been so popular though."

Lana laughed, "I don't think its you they want to see."

"I know. I've seen the General more the past day than I have in my entire life."

They sat and talked for about an hour until Clark and Lex came back. Lex looked at Lana holding Lara and smiled. "You ready to go Lana?"

"Sure." She handed the baby to Lois.

They said there goodbyes and walked out the door. Lana couldn't erase the thougt that in a few more months she would be laying there holding her baby.

"Good morning Lana."

Lana turned around to see Lionel Luthor face to face with her. She took a step back, "Lex just left. He had to go meet Mrs. Kent ath the Talon."

"I'm well aware of Lex'x where abouts. It was my dear daughter-in-law i wished to see."

Lana hated Lionel with every fiber in her. He was nothing less of a snake. "I'm sorry but I was just on my way to the hospital. I have an appoitment with the doctor."

Lana sat her glass of water down on the desk and walked to the other side of the room to pick up her purse. Lionel walked over to the desk and pulled a small package out of his coat pocket. He turned around to make sure Lana wasn't looking. He let the powder inside the bag fall into Lana's glass. He was going to make sure Lex would regret ever quitin the project that would have given him the power to own Lex and all of his assets that he gained when he was arrested.

"Well Lana, have a safe trip."

Lionel turned to walk out the door and Lana was on his heels when she remembered the doctors orders, drink five full glasses of water. She turned around and gulped the rest of the water left in her glass. She then walked out the door. If she didn't hurry she was going to be late.
              Last edited by Smallville FREAK07; 04-16-2006, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Keep it coming Janipa!

Comment

Oh...... the suspense!!

Keep the updates rollin in Jamie!

PPMS!

Comment

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...it's been kind of hectic in my life. I promise I will post another chapter very very soon.

Comment

Ok guys heres the deal...I have been really busy with school and all and the hunt for a job and I don't have anytime to type any of the story but I get out of school in May and I promise I will finish this story during the summer. I will finish it...it'll just take me a little while.

Comment

Okay guys...I know its May and I promised to write more...I have a lot going on right now though...Its the last week of school and I am trying to go through Finals and all...But I'm posting a preview of what is going to happen next in the story....Here it is....

Lana was nervous. She didn't know how to tell Lex the devastating news. Her whole world was shattered within minutes. Three words...thats all it was. Three little words that now altered the course of her life. How could she have let this happen. All of her and Lex's dreams for the future they would have with their family, now gone. What had she done wrong. She had done exactly as the doctor had ordered. There was no explanation the doctor had said.

The thought that Lana couldn't get out of her head was that it was all her fault. She had done something to kill the little life that grew within her. She had killed her baby. Lana didn't know how or why, but she knew that it was something she herself had done to destroy not only the little unborn baby's life but her's and Lex's also. Why was this happening to her and Lex now? After all the hurt and pain they had gon through in their lives, they were now suffering again. This baby, the one thing that Lana knew would the key to unlocking all the happiness her and Lex had missed in their own childhood.

They had talked about this, how they would right all the wrong done in their lives by loving and being parents that were always there for their child. But now all their dreams had been torn and scattered in little pieces before them in the terrible reality of life and death.

Lana took a deep breath and held her head up high as she prepared to walk through the mansion doors. To tell Lex that the one child he had managed to concieve, was dead and that the doctor had said that their chances of ever having another child was slim to none. With a single tear rolling down her cheek, Lana walked through the tall double doors of the main entrance of the mansion, to her the doors leading to nowhere but heartache and pain something she was all to familiar with.
                        Last edited by Smallville FREAK07; 05-24-2006, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Oooh, sweet! I can't wait for more. (:

Comment

Ahhhh!!!!! You can't leave it there!!!! Noooooooooo!!!!!!! Update! Please!

Comment

This is a great story! I really enjoyed reading about Lex and his feelings for Lana and how emotional he got. I understand about School though so I'll just keep an eye out...hope all is well!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎