No announcement yet.

Ep 4.02 - Gone

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by urrutiap
    -Wouldn't Lionel's jail sentence have gotten shortened since Chloe was revealed to be still alive? I don't get it
    Lionel could plead to get out on parole or a re-trial but it's not certain.

Comment

-Wouldn't Lionel's jail sentence have gotten shortened since Chloe was revealed to be still alive? I don't get it
      Lionel was getting charged for being involved in his parents murder. Chloe was the main witness in the trial

Comment

Does anyone know where I can view a clip of the scene where Lois and Clark break into her father's office? I have looked all over and can't seem to locate it. Thanks a million!

Comment

I really forgot how much Lois shook things up when she came in at this point. Some of her characterization was slightly over-the-top for me, but I still love her disarming everyone (literally and metaphorically!) she meets.

One thing that became clear in these first few episodes (to me - I know other people feel differently, and those opinions aren't wrong, obviously!) is that Lex is turning to Lana more and more having been rejected by Clark. It started sometime after Asylum (when Clark starting being oddly angry at Lex for no reason) and really started to emerge here at the beginning of season 4. I always got the feeling that Lana was a 'Clark substitute' for Lex: she embodies a lot of the same qualities Clark does, she's the woman Clark is in love with, and he doesn't have Clark in his life at that point so she's the next logical person. I never really saw him having a great interest in her before, beyond the Clark connection, and the fact that she's sweet to him.

I like how subtle the music choice was when Jason came to the Talon - Maroon 5 screaming out "She will be loved!", presumably referencing Lana. It was like, "Hear that, viewers? You *will* love Lana, like it or not!" However, Lana and Jason *are* adorable together. I could believe they had fun, liked each others' qualities, but didn't put each other on pedestals. Very refreshing compared to the Clana

Comment

Things I've noticed from watching this episode on the Season 4 DVD set

-Clark saving Chloe-just like from Season 1 where he saved her from that coffin area
            -Johnathon was being an ass kisser when general lane came to visit
            -After Johnaton told the general that he couldnt accept the cigar due to his heart, the general just suddenly decided to leave LOL.
            -Trent what a lame rip off of the T-1000
            Chloe: No debate.

Jonathan and the General: All Jonathan was doing was showing the proper respect to a General in the United States Army. Only error I saw was his referring to the General as "Mr. Lane." I much prefer this to the anti-military stance the show hinted at in the last season.
            As for the General leaving, thr reason should be obvious later. He had his meeting with Lex, and probably a visit to Chloe. He undoubtedly tried (and failed) to get Lois to leave town (and out of harm's way).
            Lionels jail time--as others have stated, Lionel went to prison for killing his parents, not Chloe. Now that i think of it, though, I don't recall the length of sentence he was given(or if he recieved the death penalty) .

Comment

After the FOTW is killed off in the scene at the foundry, Clark asks Lois how she got there and she retorts by asking him how he got there. He obviously can't explain that he'd overheard Lex's phone conversation giving Chloe's whereabouts and then sped to the scene. He'd also sped off from General Lane's office after Lois read out the address where 'Nellie Blye' was staying, so viewers are clearly shown how he learns of Chloe's whereabouts in both instances. What isn't shown is how Lois made her way to the foundry, never mind how she came across any knowledge of it. To me it seems as though in order to have Lois come to Clark's rescue in the nick of time, and reunite with Chloe, they wrote her into the foundry scene.

Comment

The episode really shows Lois and Clark working really good together. Sadly, instead of the far superior Clois, we had to put up with several more seasons of the paininducing Clana.

I enjoyed Trent. The effects reminded me of the effects used for the T-1000 in T2, which had been state of the art special effects for films, in 1991. Really shows the advancement of special effects over the 13 years between T2 and "Gone". What you once could only see in films (that have a much higher budget), you could now see in an episode of television.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎