Superboy TV Series

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like gilbert gottfried as nick knack just another name for toy man.

Comment

i own the first season but i have no idea where to get the other season, i know that gerard christopher took over at season 2....and the show got a lil better

Comment

Originally posted by general zod fan
        i own the first season but i have no idea where to get the other season, i know that gerard christopher took over at season 2....and the show got a lil better
        WB has no plans as of yet to release the rest of the series. One of the reasons is that the first season didn't generate enough sales to condone future releases. They have however filmed interviews and commentaries for Season 2(before sales of S1 came back poor)and I know Illya Salkind wants it to go on DVD, now that the dispute with the Siegel's are over.
        Gerard Christopher did take over in S2 and while I did enjoy John Haymes Newton(I believe that's how you spell it)as Superboy, Gerard showed a bit more confidant version of the character. I also liked the new Lex Luthor a lot more.

Comment

I picked up S1 of this when it first came out on DVD. I'm pretty sure I missed it when it originally aired.

After a couple of episodes, I realized if I had remembered it, I wouldn't have bought the DVD....

Comment

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
            I picked up S1 of this when it first came out on DVD. I'm pretty sure I missed it when it originally aired.

After a couple of episodes, I realized if I had remembered it, I wouldn't have bought the DVD....
            The first season was one of those trial and error seasons, a few episodes were quite good, but it wasn't until Season 2 that the stories got better and more elements from the Silver and Current Age of stories were being adapted. Also the Lex in the first season was TERRIBLE. Stacy is of course beautiful...I have gotten to know her and she is just a great person.

Comment

i have the whole series I bought from ioffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rival X The Great
                i have the whole series I bought from ioffer.
                How's the quality, Tracy Lewis(she played Darla on Superboy)told me she got a bad copy years ago, but now she has HQ DVD's, so I wanna know where to go to get those HQ episodes. I watch them on youtube, but I would like to watch on the TV

Comment

the quality is decent. Not hq quality but good enough to watch. You can tell they've been recorded from the tv.

Comment

That's such a shame that WB says sales are an issue in releasing the rest on DVD. This was one of my favorite shows growing up! I even remember watching with my dad and him saying "Wait, what happened to the first guy?" when they changed from Newton to Gerard. I didn't even notice until I watched the episode fully.

I really hope someone can get the rights to put season two out on DVD somehow. They are starting to do that with Shout Factory for the older Nickelodeon shows like Hey Dude and Aaahh! Real Monsters. It would be cool if somehow they or another company could do that.

My favorite episodes were the ones where he used a tunnel to go from universe to universe or something like that. Like I said, it was on when I was a kid and I don't remember some of the things. I do remember Young Dracula being on there too though.

Comment

They should bring it on netflix.

Comment

I would love to see this show where can I get it

Comment

'Superboy' was about the college adventures of Clark Kent, who at the time, didn't become Superman, until after he left college. I has to wonder if that series later caused the writers of the Superman comics to recreate Superboy in 1992 as a clone of Superman.

Comment

For those still interested, Superboy/The Adventures of Superboy Seasons 2-4 are now available on DvD at amazon.com. These are the official complete season releases and were made on demand based on interest in the series following Season 1. I ahve Season 2 and can say the quality is great, no bonus features on this set though. And yes- both Nick Nack episodes are on their as well as the Young Dracula Saga. Gerard Christopher stars as Clark Kent/Superboy, Stacy Haiduk as Lana Lang throughtout Seasons 2-4, and the second season introduces a new character in the form of funnyman Andy McCallister.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎