Superboy TV Series

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never actually seen the Superboy series at all, somehow they never were shown in my area at all.

Good thing that I hope I'll get the DVD after my birthday!

Comment

It's coming out on "Super Day," June 20.

I plan on getting the Superboy show and the Braniac Attacks animated movie that day. I'm not so sure about the color episodes of the Adventures of Superman, and I'm not interested at all in the Lois and Clark series.

A lot of these things will contain free tickets to the movie, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangbuster

I certainly hope so! Lordie knows I only saw catwoman cuz it was free with my purchase of Super Friends. LOL

Comment

Which actors on Superboy are the only good people who played realistic enough villains from the comic books on there?

Comment

I'm not sure about season one, but from the other seasons I remember the actors playing Lex, Bizarro, and Metallo being good.

Comment

Stacy Haiduk is the best looking Lana Lang. How about that for dicussion.

I mean beautiful,

Comment

Hmm, I found one image of Stacy Haiduk from Superboy and I'd have to say if Kristin Kreuk put on a little weight she'd be a much better looking Lana. However, I found another image of her where she's in the shower and I'd have to say she's a much better looking Lana to me now. :P

Comment

lol ^_^ I'm still for Stacy

Comment

I think I'd have to agree you infinitecrisis. Stacy just has much prettier eyes.

Comment

Her deep blue eyes are enchanting and very standout.

Comment

That's a very good way to put. As I heard on some show long ago, "A man could get lost in those eyes"

Comment

Originally posted by Gangbuster

I plan on getting the Superboy show and the Braniac Attacks animated movie that day. I'm not so sure about the color episodes of the Adventures of Superman, and I'm not interested at all in the Lois and Clark series.

I would get the Superboy show, Lois and Clark third season and the first two seasons of the colored episodes of Adventures of Superman.

But is there any features on the Superboy DVD on there like they are using like the other DVDs?

Comment

I couldn't find anything that talked about the extras, but I'm hoping we'll get some interviews with the cast at the very least.

Comment

Okay, I put Superboy on my Netflix list and got the first disc yesterday. Despite predictable endings and overacting gueststars, I enjoyed it. Of course, I'm very much in a Supes mood right now, so that could easily have contributed.

I actually like Lana, which is a nice difference from Smallville. I mean, the characters are a bit flatter so far, but she seems likeable. Except in one scene where she seems drunk to me (when she pushes Clark in the pool - she's all giddy), but that's probably just me.

I swear, though, she and Clark are just old friends in this show and they still have more chemistry and casual touching than Smallville's Clana did even when they were an item. They seem to actually enjoy spending time together and like each other as people. It's a nice change.

Sure, there's a lack of special effects, and they aren't that great. But that's okay with me. I'm not feeling Lex. He's like the snooty teenager in eighties movies. I can't take him for a real threat. Likewise, I could do without plots about fixed basketball games. Still I'm finding the show enjoyable enough for one-time viewing.

There are extras. But not on the first disc. Like Earth2, they have an "Extras" section on the menu for every disc, but not every disc has extras. That annoys me very much.

Comment

I sincerely hope this Season 1 set flies off the shelves! 'Cause if it doesn't, the remaining seasons, which were much better, largely due to recasting the roles of Superboy and Lex, might never get released.

Look at "Night Court" -- no plans for the supercool show to be released beyond Season 1, since Season 1 didn't seem to sell well.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎