Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.16 - Shadow

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHAT?! I MISSED THIS EPISODE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I thought Supernatural was going on break, just like Smallville! (insert hysteric crying)

Comment

Sorry muffinpeddler! But it's not all bad, you can probably catch a transcript from Twiz in a week or so.

I just watched this ep from last week, didn't have time to watch it up until now, but after I saw it I wish I would have watched it sooner.

I really liked this episode, I felt that it was strong from start to finish. Dean was a little bit too obnoxious for me though, but maybe that was because they were in a bar full of hot women, so his lady's man attitude really switched on. Jensen knows how to play that part!

The witch thing, I thought, was a pretty cool storyline, it was good to see Meg again. I like her character, actually. She reminds me of Faith from "Angel" when she was evil in season one. Any how, the actress did a nice job with the character. I'm stumped on how they are actually going to get rid of her! I liked how she trapped them and everything and thought it was funny and cute how both guys had knives to break free, instead of just Dean.

Speaking of Dean, wow. He really surprised me towards the end with his speech about family. It was nice that they finally showed him somewhat vulnerable especialy how his character acts all of the timel. And I was surprised that he rushed in to hug his father when they first realized who it was and Sam just hung back a little and said, "Hey Dad." Really nice touch there, Dean's not as tough as he lets on! Brilliant acting by Jensen and Jared.

Really liked this ep. A lot of good quotes, too.

The only thing that annoyed me was... the WB's reception (right word?) was horrible that night and there was a lot of static between 9:30-10. So some parts the detail wasn't too good, but was OK.

Comment

Watched this episode again last night, and I loved it even more than I did the first time. There's just so much going on, both on the action side, and on the emotional side. The scene between the boys and their father still get to me. Especially when they have to let him go. I admit it, I teared up. Both Sam and Dean were in so much pain having to let their dad go so soon after finding him. It was just...guh.

I also really liked Meg more, too. I think she's a worthy foe. The way she was looking at their car as they drove away was just creepy.

And I loved horndog Dean. I know I shouldn't. He's being so naughty, I should be shaking my head disapprovingly at his behavior. But I just can't. He's just so adorable when he does it. While other characters that do that sort of thing make me want to smack them.

Comment

^ I watched it again too!!!

I liked how Dean was so funny, naughty, and flirty. I like when they were facing Meg and she turns to Sam and says, "Sam, I have to say this puts a real crimp in our relationship." and when she says, "Baby, I've done a whole lot more for a whole lot less." I think she is a very worthy foe also...

Comment

I really liked the chick flick moments in this. Subtle and not in yer face.

And I have to say, Dad Winchester has a very commanding presence. Wonderfully acted episode by all, especially Jensen. Go Dean go!

Comment

Watch this episode right now! Not bad!

Comment

I am so impressed with the girl who played Meg. She was so great as the villian. She managed to be smart, sassy, strong and bold. Best villian of the entire 1st Season.
                This was a great episode for her, she really got a chance to shine.
                I was a bit disappointed by the confrontation scene between Papa Winchester and his boys.
                But a good episode.
                The Deva were also good. The whole 'shadow' thing was very well done. Kudos to the visuals crew.

Comment

Dean was HILARIOUS in this one I couldn't stop cracking up... goodness I love the guy... I think it's sad they used Dean and Sam to get to John, his only weakness... it was sad that after all that searching they had to part again

The Shadow things reminded me from Ghost... I'm sure someone else wrote that somewhere... creepy indeed!!

Comment

Originally posted by allison89
                    Some of the best lines:

Dean: I’m just saying these outfits cost hard-earned money.
                    Sam: Whose?
                    Dean: Ours. Credit card fraud is hard work.

Sam: You mind doing a little thinking with your upstairs brain, Dean?

Sam: I think there’s something weird going on here.
                    Dean: Yeah – she wasn’t even into me!

I just love this show...

I second that, its my first time watching and have just got up till this episode.

Bloody brilliant, BEST EPISODE SO FAR! It had everything, great to see their dad again. Great to see their reactions, they finally see him after all this time. Meg is kind of freaky but she sooo works in this show. And the shadow demons were great. Its getting even MORE exciting now, Dean & Sam leave to go back on the road again and you know what Dean was right, their dad agreed with him, im sure they will meet again. Meg is still out there.

Hey A89 what about this one?

Dean: Don't take this the wrong way but your girlfriend, is a bit*h!

hahaha it gets better every time. I ALSO just love this show.

Comment

This episode is great!.Liked the plot,meg commin back was a good plot and the dad commin back was awsome

Also loved the line from dean "yea whatever you little pervert" lol cracks me up

Comment

I liked this episode a lot.
                        All the twists and turns were nice, and didn't feel OOC or rushed IMO.
                        And the freaky girl was really good as a villain.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎