X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend A Documentary

As the title says, recommend a documentary

"Get Ready To Be Boyzvoiced"
    Actually itīs a mockumentary, from Norway. Itīs kinda like "This Is Spinal Tap" about a fictional boyband called Boyzvoice. It shows how they go through scandals concerning lip syncing and one of the members dating an underage girl and how they try to return to their former glory.

"Stan Leeīs Mutants, Marvels & Monsters."
    Kevin Smith sits down to interview Stan Lee, talking about some of the biggest moments in Stanīs comic book career. Itīs quite fun for all the Marvel fans out there or those who try to make it as writers and need some inspiration. Me, I qualify as both.

Then thereīs this one about Chuck Jones I saw on TV where they talk about the Looney Tunes, the drawing/animation techniques and other things related to Chuckīs work. It featured people such as Matt Groening, Whoopi Goldberg, Robin Williams, etc. Although I donīt remember itīs name. Scary part is that the first time I saw it was one week before Chuck Jones passed away!

Comment

I hope not to offend anyone (because his name tends to stir things) but I'm a fan of Michael Moore. I watched Farenheit 9/11 when it first came out in theaters and enjoyed it. I hear that he might be making a part 2 to it. I also enjoyed Bowling For Columbine.

Comment

Hoop Dreams-best ever.

Comment

Johnny Cash - The Last Great American (BBC)

The title may be cheesy, but I liked it. And someone posted it over at youtube, but I guess you should give it time to load.

Comment

Farenheit 9/11 2 will come out in time for the 2008 election. Kind off a long title if u ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zungas
              Hoop Dreams-best ever.
              I agree. This is an outstading film. It could probably stand to be about 30-45 minutes shorter as it is over three hours, but I really enjoy it. It is a shame that the two characters it focuses on never anounted to much in basketball. They both had a lot of potential.

Comment

Iīd like to mention "Dokument: Humor", a six-part documentary hosted by Swedish comedian Henrik Schyffert, covering the definition of humor, but also its purposes and variations. He was also fortunate enough in the making of the series to get interviews with people such as John Cleese, Eddie Izzard, Conan OīBrien, Bruce Vilanch, Tokyo Shock Boys and many others. Itīs very interesting and entertaining, even if itīs not trying to be funny itself. Iīm not sure though that itīs available for people outside of Sweden, which is a dirty shame since everybody should be able to it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Zungas
                  Hoop Dreams-best ever.
                  Definitely one of the best. Some other good ones are:

Scratch
                  Dark Days
                  Endless Summer
                  Dogtown and Z Boys
                  Don't Look Back

Comment

Has any one seen "Zeitgeist The movie" yet?

I was thought it was a really good documentary. My biggest problem with it which was shared by many others is the creditability of the evidence. A lot of statements here and there which didn’t have any backing evidence, and I remember a few times when the documentary even contradicted its self. My biggest fear of watching a conspiracy documentary is the paradox element.

Comment

Anything by Ken Burns.

Mad Hot Ballroom.

And..... I'm drawing a blank... there's more.

Comment

sicko and 9/11

Comment

This is Spinal Tap

Or, if you want your subject to be real then March of the Penguins

Comment

I actually think one of Michael Moore's best docus is "Bowling For Columbine".

Since I'm a history buff (WWII era especially), I watch a lot of docus that have to do with that time period. Two that really struck a chord with me (that I've seen) are "Paper Clips" and "Into the Arms of Strangers: Stories of the Kindertransport".

Comment

I recently saw King Corn, it left a little to be desired but it was cute. I also saw Night and Fog this year. I was horrified - don't get me wrong, it is an outstanding Doc, but I was rendered speechless after watching it.

I want to see Sicko and Slacker Uprising - controversial and all, Michael Moore's work fascinates me. I also would like to see Religilous; have any of you seen it?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎