Collapse
No announcement yet.

starman still a possibility...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's all those episodes were meant to do, which is really detracting from the point of SV getting Clark from Point A to B. Frankly, I think they've ruined everyone of the characters that they've altered for the show.

All I'm saying is Starman shouldn't have to relay on the SV route to have an audience or for that matter have anything to worry about. It's an Epic series in its own right.

Just don't recall why the WB didn't pick it up.

Comment

The Starman series was actually pitched to ABC which has a hard time finding successes back then. I'm guessing ABC passed on the pilot because they didn't want another repeat of L&C.

Comment

First off before you go putting down Lois and Clark you're neglecting the fact that it had a successful run on the network until the network got involved in the last 3 years and altered what they wanted hence and allowed the show to go down a gradual decline. By all means Lois and Clark was a successful show for the network. Get your facts straight before you attempt to slam a show.
        Last edited by LexLuthorMetropolis; 03-13-2006, 05:37 PM.

Comment

actually it was really the fans fault for requesting L & C get married just like in th e comics...ratings sharply declined following that move as well as a change of producers

Comment

But one must consider all the various factors in play to correlate it all. Fans are only one level of requesting. The Producers and Studios decision invariably brought about the end of things because of their decisions.

Comment

ABC obviously wasn't content with the way the producers were running L&C. Some could argue that they purposely made those changes to bring an end to the show. So if the most popular superhero wasn't able to satisfy their needs, I doubt Starman would be able to either.

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuthorMetropolis

All I'm saying is Starman shouldn't have to relay on the SV route to have an audience or for that matter have anything to worry about. It's an Epic series in its own right.

Just don't recall why the WB didn't pick it up.
                I'm not sure how it could be considered Epic.

And just out of curiousity, which Starman is it that everyone is wanting to see in a show? There have been so many, and I have followed them all, unless a new one has been made in the last few years I missed.

Comment

I was refering to the James Robinson run on the title. What was going to be modified for TV at some point.

Comment

actually for those who believe a hero like STARMAN wouldn't satisfy one of the "BIG FOUR" networks (ABC, NBC, CBS or FOX), may I draw your attn. to NBC whose starting a pilot called "Heroes" (About a group of super-powered individuals with unique gifts that come together and join forces ala X-MEN).

OR mayby CBS with there soon-to-be-picked-up pilot "ULTRA" (part Smallville, part sex-in-the city about a female superhero and her personal life).

Now, if thwo of the 4 big networks current fall slate both include these orignally-conceptuallized superhero-themed dramas, surely ABC would have nothing to loose if they took on STARMAN. Although not as popular as Superman, he still has more "street cred" then these two promising yet risky ventures.

Further more, ABC's most successful drama, LOST falls into the SCi-Fi catagory so perhaps it could be used to compliment there current sci-fi line-up (which also includes "Invasion") as well as jump into the foray of superheroic exploites

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎