Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUPERMAN DVDS - Release Dates on All the Various Shows and Anything Related To It

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some questions regaurding the DCAU dvds. First, is the volume three coming out of Superman TAS that last one?

Second, have we heard how they are going to release the rest of JLU? The last three seasons are shorter. Are they still going to put them out in season sets or are they going to another volume or two?

Comment

question. i have volume 1 of justice league and volume 1 of JLU

to watch all of it in order what am i missing and what order should it go? (like is there a movie in there somewhere, or maybe some of the Superman TAS I should get?)

I know I need Justice League vol 2.

Comment

Superman TAS is all before Justice league as is Batman TAS and Batman Beyond. Well Batman Beyond was made before JL, but takes place in the future so chronologically it'd be after. If you're just wanting to see just Justice League you'd just need Justice League season 2 as you mentioned and the last season of JLU which comes out in March. If you're wating to see the entire DCAU, you'd probably want to watch Batman TAS; then Superman TAS, then Batman Beyond pretty much in that order. There is also Static shock, but i don't think much of that show has been released yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
          Superman TAS is all before Justice league as is Batman TAS and Batman Beyond. Well Batman Beyond was made before JL, but takes place in the future so chronologically it'd be after. If you're just wanting to see just Justice League you'd just need Justice League season 2 as you mentioned and the last season of JLU which comes out in March. If you're wating to see the entire DCAU, you'd probably want to watch Batman TAS; then Superman TAS, then Batman Beyond pretty much in that order. There is also Static shock, but i don't think much of that show has been released yet.
          cool thanks. Is there two different version of Batman cartoons? Some earlier show and the "The Batman" thats currently on tv with Batgirl in it?

Comment

"The Batman" isn't part of the others. It's a restart of the Batman story. From what I've seen of it it seems lightly based on Batman Begins. The one that fits is called Batman the animted series. So yes, they are two different shows.
            Last edited by Antithesis; 01-23-2007, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
              "The Batman" isn't part of the others. It's a restart of the Batman story. From what I've seen of it it seems lightly based on Batman Begins. The one that fits is called Batman the animted series. So yes, they are two different shows.

ok good. now to go spend some more money

Comment

i see season 6 smallville dvds will be in hd and blue ray. what about the earlier seasons? any chance?

Comment

At Last All 13 Ruby-Spears Episodes Are Released On DVD Over 20 Years Later

As a 50th anniversary gift to fans, DC Comics' Man of Steel was given a brand-new Saturday morning cartoon in 1988. Now, fans of all ages can finally join the celebration when Warner Home Video (WHV) and DC Comics release Ruby-Spears Superman, a 2-disc collection of cartoons from the Warner Bros. vault, on November 3, 2009 for US$26.99 SRP. Order due date is September 29, 2009.
                  Debuting in 1988, the Ruby-Spears Superman series brought back some familiar foes and new unfriendly faces for battles against our favorite hero. In addition to the thrills of Superman's weekly adventures, each episode also includes a mini-segment - a continuing series called Superman Family Album. These featurettes tell the real story of what it was like to grow up as the most powerful boy in Smallville. Watch young Clark Kent deal with not only the normal trials and tribulations of youth and adolescence, but learn to balance them with his newfound super powers.
                  Ruby-Spears Productions was founded in 1977 by veteran writers Joe Ruby and Ken Spears. Ruby and Spears started as sound editors at Hanna-Barbera, branched out into writing, and eventually went on to create "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" In total, Ruby-Spears Productions produced 36 different TV series including the hit, "Alvin and the Chipmunks."
                  "These celebratory episodes not only take fans through the expected, yet exhilarating, adventures of Superman, but they share the untold story of his youth," said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation & Sports Marketing. "Warner Home Video is absolutely thrilled to release Ruby-Spears Superman just in time for the holiday season."
                  Ruby-Spears Superman will include the special feature:
                  Corruption of the Corrupt: The Rise of LexCorp:
                  A fascinating glimpse into the Decade of Greed, when Americans were growing more and more distrustful of corporate leadership. From the headlines of the day to the pages of Superman arose a new vision of an old villain, Lex Luthor and his conglomerate, LexCorp. Click "Read More" below to see the complete list of episodes in this 2-disc collection.
                  Another Source
                  http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Superman-Ruby-Spears/12402

In 1988 I LOVED this cartoon the animation and art style mirror'd the comic books, but kept the spirit of Christopher Reeves (Bumbling Clark) and Kept the theme song from the Movies. (the only cartoon to have it) And it had Wonder Woman in it and she was drawn very much like the comic version of its time. I will be getting this I LOVED it as a kid.

Here is a clip of how the Cartoon looks like:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPeseS0S_wQ&feature=related

Here is a clip of Wonder Woman with Superman in the show
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttp_6l6P5gY&feature=related

Comment

Does anyone else think the artist rendition of Superman in the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies looks like Tom Welling?

Comment

"Superman Red Son" has been available as a motion comic, for about a month now. By chance has anyone taken a look at it? I wonder if it's worth getting.

Get your favorite current and classic WB show & movie merchandise from our Official Warner Bros. Shop.

(Other motion comics being offered now by Warner Archive include "Batman Black & White" and a two-movie set with both "Batgirl Year One" and "Batman Mad Love.")

Comment

Originally posted by Uruk-Hai
                        Does anyone else think the artist rendition of Superman in the Superman/Batman: Public Enemies looks like Tom Welling?
                        I didnt think so but I just looked at a pic and now I think yeah:

Epsecially how Tom looks now that more Mature look. I dont think it looks exactly like him but it sure does resemble him.

Comment

So the news came out a few weeks ago about an animated "Superman/Shazam" DVD/Blu-Ray release. Just figured I'd mention that this "movie" (out Nov. 9, 2010) is going to be a disc containing only short animated films. The cover art is all about the main attraction, "Superman/Shazam, the Return of Black Adam" but that feature will be only 22 minutes rather than a full-length film. Also included on both the Blu-Ray and standard DVD will be
                          • Spectre
                          • Jonah Hex
                          • Green Arrow
                          each being 10-12 minutes in length. So this would be a good way to catch those short subjects for anyone who hasn't had the chance to see them on other releases (for instance the Spectre short was included on the "Justice League, Crisis on Two Earths" 2-DVD set and the Blu, but not the single DVD.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎