Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martha Kent revealing Lionel Luthor as a ... friend?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martha Kent revealing Lionel Luthor as a ... friend?

Hi everyone.

This really surprised me, when I heard Martha saying that no one will dictate who should be her friend, on accounted to LIONEL LUTHOR.

I have to admit that it is harder to read Lionel since season 3, but how could Martha believe that Lionel is her friend. Jonathan would turn in his grave. Also, all the times that the Kents had to protect themselves from the Luthors, this did not make sence to me.

Any comments.

Martha is both overwhelmed by her new job as senator, as well as weakened emotionally by the loss of Jonathon. Lionel has swooped in and been there for her during this hard time, and I don't think in her current emotionally dazed state that she's really processing who Lionel is, and not even considering what he could be wanting in return.

Given the situation I think Martha's reaction to one of the few people that is caring for her emotionally (other than Clark) is perfectly acceptable.

Martha has also always saw the good in people, sometimes even when it wasn't there.

Comment

Yeah, she did work for Lionel for a little while in Season 2. But I think Martha can see through Lionel's manipulations, she just knows that his manipulative mind is what's needed to keep her going in the senate and make it out alive. So in turn, she's using Lionel who's setting her up for himself...it's crazy.

Comment

I agree. Also, she knows Lionel was investigating Clark. How could she not be suspicious of him and let him 'take care' of the blackmailing business???

Comment

I was just about to start this thread too.... I am sickened by my favorite character's actions at this point. Hanging out with Lionel Luthor? Didn't her late husband really dislike Luthor? Where's the respect for the dead? Where is her damn common sense? Her friend? Since when? Why is Clark allowing this? He knows what Lionel is up to right? It's really bumming me out. My husband actually said, "If something happens between Lionel on Martha I'm not watching the show anymore." She is the smart one, she has the common sense, she is tough. I know she's in a bad place right now, but come on.

Comment

Thanks for all of your comment ... I understand better now.

chris

Comment

When martha said that Lionel was her friend, I about screamed. I couldnt believe that! Hopefully she is calling him her friend to find out what lionel knows about clark. I am SOOOOO crossing my fingers.

Comment

Is it just me or the MB has a glass eye? cause his right iris seems to be darker than

his left grey one. even when you see him watching the dvd.

Did you boys remember the scene in 'Vengence where Martha was talking to Chloe that it's good that she knows Clark's secret, cause she couldn't handle the secret by herself.

Same here...

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎