Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Corner

Its January and the best season in all of sports has started.

We saw two excellent games yesterday and the Jets and Rams advanced.

Both underdogs won Saturday and I have a feeling both home teams will win today.

Indy 35 - Denver 20

GB 31 - Vikes 26

Pitt 24 - Jets 17
    Indy 34 - NE 31

Phili 23 - Rams 17
    GB 20 - Atl 14

GB 30 - Phili 28
    Indy 24 - Pitt 20

Indy 45 - GB 31

Thats what I see.

(may have been extra nice to Indy GB, but we shall see)

Both games yesterday were fantastic, especially the Jets-Chargers. We can only hope the rest of the playoffs live up to those two games.

I think the AFC title will come down to Indy in Pittsburgh, and while I like Indy, I don't think the visitor there has the defense to stop Bettis and Co.

As for the NFC, I think Philly loses AGAIN in the title game, this time to Atlanta. I know GB has Favre, but I just don't know what else they have.

Which makes it a Pitt-Atl. SuperBowl and Big Ben becomes the second quarterback in Steeler history to lead them to a World Championship.

Comment

I like Kal-L's superbowl match ups better. But, if Atlanta (Or Miami, but that's not going to happen) is in the Superbowl, I will watch it. Otherwise I'd watch the Motor City Bowl first

Comment

I've got to agree with every pick you made UL. I would absolutely love to see the Colts with the Super Bowl this year.

The only game I see that could be different is Pittsburgh beating the Colts. Big Ben will throw for a TD and have good numbers and Bettis will get his usual 100 yards but it won't be enough. I just believe that Payton's going to be to much for Pittsburgh's defense to stop. I see Edgerrin having acouple big plays in the begining of the game which will open up the passing game for Payton, leading to the close win.

Great picks again UL and I can't wait to see how they hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie
          I like Kal-L's superbowl match ups better. But, if Atlanta (Or Miami, but that's not going to happen) is in the Superbowl, I will watch it. Otherwise I'd watch the Motor City Bowl first
          Oh come on, Farve vs Manning?

Doesnt get better.

Atlanta is an enigma to me. I do think they are capable of pulling it out, but will they?

Since the NFC sux, I choose Farve. He is still the man.

Originally posted by jgkemper
          I've got to agree with every pick you made UL. I would absolutely love to see the Colts with the Super Bowl this year.

The only game I see that could be different is Pittsburgh beating the Colts. Big Ben will throw for a TD and have good numbers and Bettis will get his usual 100 yards but it won't be enough. I just believe that Payton's going to be to much for Pittsburgh's defense to stop. I see Edgerrin having acouple big plays in the begining of the game which will open up the passing game for Payton, leading to the close win.

Great picks again UL and I can't wait to see how they hold up.
          Well, the colts dont have to worry about Pitt until they beat NE. IF they can go up to Boston and win, Pitt fans should be worried.

Manning is just sick. Seriously, watch him play a game, its not fair.

Comment

I guess I was getting a little ahead there by having the Colts already in the championship game :P

IF they can go up to Boston and win, Pitt fans should be worried.
            Your right about this. If Indy can pull off the win in Boston, it'll get that cold weather monkey off of Payton's back and will put a big scare in the Pittsburgh's fans.

Manning is just sick. Seriously, watch him play a game, its not fair.
            I'm hoping that next season I can convince one of my friends to drive with me to watch the Colts play in Indianapolis, I live in MN.

Comment

i know im living on a prayer

and i might get the crap out of my but....

J-E-T-S

JETS!!!!

JETS!!!!

JETS!!!

yesterdays game was awesome!!!!

Comment

I only picked Indy over the Pats because of NE's depleted secondary. Plus the fact that the officials won't let DBs mug receivers anymore this season.

And I can see the Colts scoring on Pitt, but I don't see them stopping Smashmouth, Inc. from rolling up the yards and winding down the clock.

Truth be known, I hope UL's right, because I would rather see his Super Bowl than mine. Manning against Favre? Just doesn't get any better than that.

Man, the Colts are ladling out an @$$-kicking today, aren't they? Ouch!

Comment

One superbowl pick is no more.

I forgot about Randy wanting to make a statement and the vikings practicing like training camp.

So perhaps this is good for atlanta!

Comment

Go ATL! and New Jersey/B (soon to be the New YORK Jets!)

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreakable Lex

One superbowl pick is no more.

I forgot about Randy wanting to make a statement and the vikings practicing like training camp.

So perhaps this is good for atlanta!
                      I was afraid of this; GB's defense sucked. But I did think they'd get by Minnesota. I think Sherman should be fired, to be honest. The team is just not progressing, and the defense, which was middle of the road last year, has really fallen apart-- at least partly due to his firing a good defensive coordinator because of bad execution on one play last season.

The Vikings are gonna have to beat Philly to make a believer out of me. They see the Pack twice a season, every season, and if there's any team they should know it should be them. And Philly's D, unlike the Pack's, doesn't suck.

As for Randy Moss: He's damn lucky he was picked by a team with such weak management and coaching staff as the Vikings. If he had been picked by a team like Baltimore, or Pitt, or Philly, he would've either straightened out by now or he'd be out of the league.

For all the whining that went on about TO in here a few weeks ago-- and I made it clear there I don't like him either-- I'd much rather have Tyrell Owens on my team than Randy Moss.

Comment

Unfortunetly the only team in the NFC that I want to really root for is Atlanta who I don't think has what it takes to get to the SB.
                        Unfortunetly Vick is going to pay big one time when he leaves the pocket one of these times.

I can't stand the Vikings (Moss inparticular) or GB. (Bears fan)
                        How his teammates can put up with Randy Rules is beyond me but I guess it helps when you are winning.

Eagles take or leave'em. (Not a T.O fan but I will take Pom Poms over a mooning any day not to mention a guy who ignores a traffic cop.)

Comment

Whoa. I guess it's true the Pats get no respect.
                          The Pats "depleted" secondary has competently handled the offense of the Chiefs and the Rams. Ty Law's injury occurred in October, so it's not like they are in panic mode because of his absense. Peyton Manning and the Colt's offense is worthy of all praise, but the Colts defense is suspect, and the Patriots also have a very good offense. Corey Dillon gives them a weapon that can help them maintain good ball and clock control, keeping the Colts offense off the field, and Tom Brady has consistent success against the Colts. The Colts are a climate control dome team, and it's going to be according to long range forecasts, in the 20's in NE this Sunday PM, and they are gonna run the sprinkle system in Gillette Stadium every day this week .
                          Go Pats!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fanofsteel
                            Whoa. I guess it's true the Pats get no respect.
                            The Pats "depleted" secondary has competently handled the offense of the Chiefs and the Rams. Ty Law's injury occurred in October, so it's not like they are in panic mode because of his absense. Peyton Manning and the Colt's offense is worthy of all praise, but the Colts defense is suspect, and the Patriots also have a very good offense. Corey Dillon gives them a weapon that can help them maintain good ball and clock control, keeping the Colts offense off the field, and Tom Brady has consistent success against the Colts. The Colts are a climate control dome team, and it's going to be according to long range forecasts, in the 20's in NE this Sunday PM, and they are gonna run the sprinkle system in Gillette Stadium every day this week .
                            Go Pats!!!!!
                            I wouldn't go so far as to say they don't get any respect. They're going to be favored in the game and if they win I don't think anyone in here would be hugely shocked. I just think that the rap against Manning before last postseason was that he couldn't win a playoff game and he did that, and the rap against him this year is that he can't beat NE-- kind of the way everyone complained about how Favre couldn't beat the Cowboys early in his tenure in GB-- and I think he'll overcome that this year.

But your complaint against the Colts D is well-founded. They're not exactly the Steel Curtain, are they? More like the Papier Mache Standup a lot of the time. But they are very young and have progressed during the season.

We'll see.

Comment

One thing that is for sure; if you're a football fan this weekend is nirvana !

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎