Kryptonsite Christian Fellowship Circle

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh, wonder why I never stumbled on this before! Good thread! I've always been a christian, but I just started to venture into a real relationship with the Lord. I'm making pretty good progress, I think.

Originally posted by Niere
    I have a prayer request. My cousin’s girlfriend, who was also a good friend to my family and me, was killed yesterday in a car accident. Please pray for her family, and mine. Thanks.
    Already praying.

Comment

You got my prayers too. by the way I am a baptist.

Comment

muffinpeddler, your prayers are greatly appreciated. I’m glad to hear you’re making good progress in your walk with the Lord. I think we all eventually find ourselves in a place where we realize we need more than just a religion - we need a relationship with Him. I’ll also be praying for you on your journey in faith. God Bless!

krpto, I’m very grateful for your prayers. A Baptist Pastor gave the sermon at her funeral, and I was touched by what he said. He related how he’d recently ministered to a woman who had a near death experience. She told him how beautiful it was on the other side; she really wanted to stay there, but she couldn’t because it wasn’t her time yet. Then he said there was comfort in knowing that my friend was already there. Although she’ll be greatly missed, as Christians we believe she’s with the Lord now. Thanks again for praying, and God Bless!

Originally posted by ProudPenny
        Switchfoot describe themselves as "Christian in faith but not necessarily by [musical] genre." I think "This Is Your Life" (also used in the season finale montage of The 4400 btw) is a really really popular, awesome, but totally secular song. And yeah, I'm a HUGE American Idol fan, so I was shocked to hear Carrie Underwood on my CCM station the other day!!! It made me pretty happy. She and the runner up last year (Bo Bice, who is also incredibly talented) are both born again Christians. =)
        I know what you mean about the secular lyrics, but Switchfoot rocks my socks. I’m happy about your fave artists being born again. Something else I love hearing is when Christian artists do a crossover into the secular music biz. They’re in a position to touch so many lives, especially those who wouldn’t ordinarily go to Church or listen to Christian music.

Comment

Something else I love hearing is when Christian artists do a crossover into the secular music biz. They’re in a position to touch so many lives, especially those who wouldn’t ordinarily go to Church or listen to Christian music.
          I agree with you, Niere! Listeners will start looking into their older music and may find God.

Comment

You're right, otter. That may be the main reason that some Christian artists go mainstream in the first place.

Comment

Hey guys, since we're all a group here, I was wondering if we could go on a first-name basis? If you don't mind, you can introduce yourselves

So yeah, my name's Ryan, so no need to call me "number8"

Comment

Been calling you 8 for a while! LOL! I'm Travis. Muffinpeddler refers to Lex's crack at Lois. Although I guess that makes me Lois. Weird. Cause I'm a guy. Oh well! Oh, A prayer request: I'm taking my driver's test tomorrow and I pray I don't screw up! Ha ha!

Comment

I'm Kristen!

Good luck on the driver's test Travis, I'll be praying!

Comment

Hi Ryan, Travis, and Kristen, I'm Melissa. Don't worry Travis I won't call you Lois and I'm praying about your driver's test tomorrow - hope you do great!

Comment

Hee Hee. Thanks Melissa and Kristen!

Comment

Good to know your names, Travis, Kristen, and Melissa!

Travis, I'll will be praying for you. Good luck on it, I'm sure you'll do fine.

Comment

that goes the same for me.

It's a pleasure typing to you all, Travis, Kristen, Melissa and Ryan.

Good luck on the driving test, Travis. I had Darth Vader for my test and it turned out good.

I 'm sure you will be showing off your licence soon

God Bless

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by Supercanuck
                            that goes the same for me.

It's a pleasure typing to you all, Travis, Kristen, Melissa and Ryan.

Good luck on the driving test, Travis. I had Darth Vader for my test and it turned out good.

I 'm sure you will be showing off your licence soon

God Bless

Randy
                            Thanks everyone, I feel a lot better about it already!

Comment

muffinpeddler, I adore your avie to the point of derangement. Seriously. And I concur with Randy - you're gonna sail through to a shiny new driver's license!

I had a huge, HUGE longtime prayer answered out of the blue. It was truly a miracle - it was a financial concern that I've been worrying about for years, and it literally got cleared up over night. Just thought I'd share something praise-worthy. Sometimes we want prayers answered RIGHT NOW, but God knows more than we do! I don't know about the rest of you but when things don't go my way right away, it sure is hard to wait on God's time. But He always sends me little reminders (like this one!) that it's worth it. =)

Comment

Well, I failed it. i felt fine until she said "Go back, stop, and reverse through the cones (I'll emphasize this next part) WITHOUT STOPPING! How in all my preparation I missed this fact still eludes me, but I do know one thing-it's unforgivably stupid. The cones represent the sides of cars, right? So given the nature of the simulation...wouldn't you stop to make absolutely sure you're not gonna hit another car?! Doing it without stopping sounds like a college bet to me! Anyway, I overcorrected, knocked over a cone, and spent the next 40 minutes bawling while my dad drove home. We stopped at a gas station on the way home, and the cashier said "Have a nice day!" I know she was just being nice, but that was not what I wanted to hear! However, I pushed back enough anger to almost smile back. So now I'll be training more extensively on the dreaded manuverability test. Also, I got more points off for being a little crooked when I stopped. Another curse of mine- I just can't do anything perfectly straight when it comes to cars! I hate driving, I just don't want to be ferried everywhere! Arrrghhh! I suppose it's just not time for me to have my license yet and God will allow me when it is, according to his time, not mine. Thanks for your prayers everyone. You can now redirect "Help Travis get his license" prayers into "Help Travis gain the skills to get his license"!

Yeah it's a cool avi, right Penny?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎