Kryptonsite Christian Fellowship Circle

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switchfoot describe themselves as "Christian in faith but not necessarily by [musical] genre." I think "This Is Your Life" (also used in the season finale montage of The 4400 btw) is a really really popular, awesome, but totally secular song. And yeah, I'm a HUGE American Idol fan, so I was shocked to hear Carrie Underwood on my CCM station the other day!!! It made me pretty happy. She and the runner up last year (Bo Bice, who is also incredibly talented) are both born again Christians. =)

Comment

Found this interview on Christianity Today, it was with lead man of Switchfoot and may tell you more about how they feel about their music and their faith, for those who are less familiar with the band.

Christianity Today provides thoughtful, biblical perspectives on theology, church, ministry, and culture on the official site of Christianity Today Magazine.
      Last edited by Smallvillenews; 02-25-2006, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I have a prayer request. My cousin’s girlfriend, who was also a good friend to my family and me, was killed yesterday in a car accident. Please pray for her family, and mine. Thanks.

Comment

Done. I hope you and both families feel His comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Niere
            I have a prayer request. My cousin’s girlfriend, who was also a good friend to my family and me, was killed yesterday in a car accident. Please pray for her family, and mine. Thanks.
            I'm so sorry to hear that. They will definitely be in my prayers.

Comment

Thats terrible, you will be in my prayers.

Comment

Same here. Your family and their family will be in my prayers.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. I will be praying for you.

Comment

As I said in my email Melissa! Hope you are ok sweetheart! Talk to you soon.

The peace of the Lord be in your heart.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      My sincere thanks for your prayers and support during this difficult time. God Bless all of you.

In His Love and mine,
                      Melissa

Comment

You're in all our thoughts! Keep on the bright side! She's in a far better place, and with you at all times!

This is the first time I've been on this thread (I think ) ... I'm Anglican, though haven't been to church for a long time. I don't really think that it's critical (though find it really peacful to go) ... For me, it's more important to keep God in thoughts and actions.

Peace!
                        Last edited by Enialedam; 03-04-2006, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Enialedam
                          Same here! Keep on the bright side! She's in a far better place, and with you at all times!

This is the first time I've been on this thread (I think ) ... I'm Anglican, though haven't been to church for a long time. I don't really think that it's important (though find it really peacful to go) ... For me, it's more important to keep God in thoughts and actions.

Peace!

So true

Comment

Thanks, I think you're right.

Comment

Back to the good music theme: I like a lot of Chris Tomlin's stuff, esp. "You Are Amazing, God" (the adjective song).

Comment

I am sure I am one of very few people around here raised on country music but I was lisening the cd for josh turner that I found in my mom's van and was suprised to hear God metioned and not negatively in music from a curent music artist.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎