Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leap of Fate ( A Quantum Leap/Smallville Crossover)PG-13 warning may contain spoilers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by metor_freak
    hope everything is going ok Supercanuck Haven't heard from you in awhile. Can't wait for the next update

ppms
    Hey metor,

I'm doing ok, just beeen real busy lately, but i have a few more chapters done and will be posting them up in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the note,

Randy

Comment

Your story has a great plot...can't wait for more.

Imo it's ok to bring up a few things about QL since there may be readers who dont know/remember all the details about it.

Eg, you mentioned Chloe's mental status. I didn't think about that letting her see the real identity but I had thought, she normally would be the one who would listen to and believe a Clark Kent/Sam Beckett explain the situation he was in.

As for transfer of powers to Sam's body in the waiting room, this is fine for me also. Besides 15+ years of leaping, Sam gaining new time-related abilities, I'm sure other things could happen as well. It also would explain things like why Sam himself doesn't know how to do the things about the people he leaps into, such as dancing, flying planes, because he doesn't have their strengths/abilities/knowledge.

Please continue when you can, your plot is very good and I'm eager to read more.

Comment

Hi folks,

Thank you all for waiting this long. THe good news is that i got four chapters done and will be putting them all up shortly. Thanks agian for the interest.

Chapter 11
        Smallville, Kansas. April 9th, 2006:
        Sam waited for Chloe to come down as he sat down next to the counter. Sam still had no idea what he had to do, but with his embarrassing encounter with Chloe, she may have some news for him and that is something he could use right about now.
        "Here you go, Smallville," Lois said handing him a cup of coffee.
        "Thanks, Lois," Sam said as he looked in his pocket for some change.
        "That's ok, I'll get this one," Lois said.
        "Gee, thanks. I guess I pegged you wrong," Sam said.
        "Don't push you luck, farm boy. I was just doing this because I like you mom, besides you did carry those boxes for me," she said.
        "Right, I forgot," Sam said as Chloe walked towards him.
        "Hey."
        "Hey," Sam replied.
        "Last day at the Talon before you take over as Mrs. Kent's chief of staff," Chloe smiled.
        "Yeah, I can't wait for this day to end. Well I better get back to work. See you later, cuz," Lois said as she went to another table.
        "Later, Lois," Chloe said as she waited for her to leave before speaking to Clark. "Clark, I think I found something interesting." Sam hopped that this could lead to what he had to do.
        "Great, what did you find out?"
        "Well you remember what we talked about last night?" Sam had no idea, but he had to pretend.
        "Yeah, did you find out something else?"
        "I know that when you found out that your mom was getting some weird phone calls I was able to use my dandy hacking talents and found the source of the calls. The phone is registered to a Mike Brown. I found out that he is working as head of Lex's personal security. So I think that this has something to do with Lionel somehow," Chloe said.
        "Lionel?"
        "Lionel Luthor, remember him, the man that knows your secret. Lex's dad?" Chloe said with a puzzled look.
        "I know I was just thinking for a minute," Sam said as he wondered what kind of secret that Clark had that was so important to protect. However he knew that he couldn't ask that of Chloe. "So what's our next step?"
        "Well you are supposed to warn Lana about this guy working with Lex. It's probably Lex that orchestrated the whole deal."
        "Why should I warn Lana?"
        "Now you're freaking me out, Clark. You know that Lana and Lex are an item now. You said to me last night that you were going to call Lana and tell her about what I found out."
        "Right, sorry. I just got a lot on my mind,"
        "I understand, Clark. But before we go any further I found something else to tell you," Chloe said as a voice interrupted the conversation.
        "Ok, Clark, I'm here what is so important?" Sam didn't know who she was, but Chloe did.
        "Hey, Lana," she said, but there was no reply. "Well I'm going to let you two alone for a bit." Chloe got up from the chair and headed towards Lois. Sam felt the tension between the three, for he knew that Clark had a lot of history with this girl and Sam had to play along.
        "Hi, Lana. Please sit down," Sam said as Lana remained still. "Or you could stand." Sam smiled, but Lana wasn't smiling.
        "Clark, I don't have time for this. You called last night telling me that you had to see me. So tell me," she said. Sam knew that she was indeed bitter.
        "Alright, My mom has been getting some disturbing phone calls as of late."
        "I'm sorry to hear that, did you call the police?"
        "No, she never told me, I happened to stumble on it, so I got her phone and Chloe was able to find who called her. Do you know a Mike Brown?"
        "No, should I?"
        "He's head of security for Lex." Sam said.
        "Why is he calling your mom?"
        "I don't know, I was thinking maybe Lex knows something about it," Sam said.
        "Are you trying to say that Lex is involved?" Lana said with a touch of frustration in her voice.
        "I'm not accusing anybody, Lana. It's just if somebody is trying to hurt my mom I want to find out as much about this guy as possible. Since Lex hired this guy maybe he knows something," Sam said.
        "I can tell you right now that Lex has nothing to do with this. I'm sorry that your mom is getting these calls, but you can't blame Lex for everything," she said.
        "I just want to know the truth, Lana," Sam said.
        "Are you sure that you are not using this because I'm with Lex now?"
        "Lana, I just want answers and I don't want you to get hurt."
        "Don't worry about me, Clark, I am doing all right. Besides you have done more than your share when it comes to hurting me. Lex has always been honest with me," Lana said.
        "If you don't want to listen to me fine, but I will not let anybody hurt my mom," Sam said.
        "Are we done here, Clark? Because Lex is waiting for me," Lana fired.
        "It looks like we have been done for a long time," Sam replied as Lana gave him a mean stare and stormed out of the Talon.
        "Well that went well," Chloe said as she returned to her seat.
        "If you think so," Sam said. "I guess we have a ugly history."
        "She just doesn't why you are hiding the truth from her," Chloe said.
        "Hmmm," Sam said as Chloe looked at him.
        "Are you ok, Clark?"
        "Yeah, I'm fine," Sam replied. "I was thinking that I could have handled things better with Lana."
        "Well I have to tell you something, Clark. I found out something else," Chloe said.
        "What is it?"
        "Well as I was checking your mom's phone calls, I found out that she had many meetings with your father's cardiologist after his death."
        "Really?"
        "Yeah, I didn't mean to be nosy, but I found out something you should know."
        "What is it?"
        "Your dad was taking stronger medication before he died. He kept it a secret from you and your mom. Clark, your father was a candidate for a heart transplant," Chloe said as Sam thought of his own father.
        "My dad kept his health a secret as well," Sam said out loud without realizing it. Chloe found that last sentence puzzling.
        "Are you ok, Clark?" Sam realized that he had said too much.
        "Yeah I'm fine. I meant that so my dad kept that a secret," he said hoping it would pass.
        "Clark, what I am trying to say that you are not responsible for your father's death and I don't think that Jor-el is neither," Chloe said. Sam was shocked to hear the news.
        "What are you trying to say, Chloe?"
        “What I am trying to say, Clark, is that maybe someone else's life may be at risk. Come one let's go to your place and I will explain more," Chloe said as they got up a left the Talon.

More to follow....

Comment

Nicely written! I like where you're going here.

Comment

feel free to list more of your chapters since you have them, we're eager to read them...each post can take quite a few words worth now.

i like your parallel between Clark and Sam's dads. that definitely gives Sam a good way to like Clark from the beginning, as well as both of them growing up on a farm.

Comment

Too bad they never get to meet though, unless Sam leaps into someone else.

Comment

Hi all,

Some more for you all. Thanks again for the kind words.

Enjoy

Chapter 12
                Metropolis, Kansas: 2011:
                Clark stood next to his future self has he explained to him what had happened to him. Hoping that this Clark Kent had the answers he was searching for.
                "So one minute you were at the Talon bringing in boxes for Lois then the next minute you were in a white jump suit inside a blue room," Kent said.
                "That's right. I met some guy with real bad breath then this Admiral Calavicci," Clark replied.
                "Admiral Al Calavicci," Kent said.
                "You know him? Of course, you lived this already," Clark said.
                "Actually no I haven't lived this. I don't remember any time traveling of this sort. But I am no stranger to it," Kent said. "And I don't mean the time we traveled to save Lana."
                "You mean we do more of this?"
                "Sorry, Clark. I can't say anymore. This alone has made a mess in the space-time contiueum," Kent said. "But as for Admiral Calavicci, the man has more medals than Batman has gadgets," Kent said.
                "Batman?"
                "Forget I said that," Kent said. "To get back to your dilemma, what else do you remember?"
                "Bits in pieces, wait I do remember talking with Chloe the night before."
                "Chloe. How is she doing?"
                "She's doing ok I guess."
                "Great, she's one of a kind. You remember that, Clark," Kent said. "So you were talking to her about?"
                "Mom was getting some disturbing calls and I asked Chloe to check them out."
                "What was the date?"
                "April 9th, 2006, was the day that I leaped" Clark said. "But we were talking the night before."
                "I remember that day. Lionel Luther went missing. I remember the talk as well. She found that a guy that was ahead of Lex's security had tried to get Lionel through mom, but I made sure mom was safe," Kent said.
                "What about Lionel?"
                "I had to make a choice and I chose our mother. I guess I could have saved both, but I didn't. Now in retrospect I should have done more. If I did, maybe Lex wouldn't be in command of the country and maybe Lana wouldn't be married to Lex," Kent said.
                "Lana married Lex!"
                "Yeah, I said too much, Clark. The point is that we have to get you back to your timeline, God knows what would happen if you stay here any longer."
                "The timeline has changed already," Clark said.
                "In what way?"
                "Well when I talked to the farmer that bought the farm, he showed me The Planet and it said that you, I mean we, stopped a nuclear arms dealer."
                "No we didn't. He escaped."
                "No he didn't. For some reason history was changed."
                "In that case we have to move fast. Do you know where this time travel base is?"
                "Yeah, Stallion's Gate, New Mexico."
                "I always thought that place was a mystery," Kent said. "All right let's go." Just as they were about to leave the area; they heard numerous screams.
                "What was that?" Clark said as they looked towards the area. Clark saw this huge man all in purple and he was wreaking everything in his path.
                "His name is Parasite. I got to stop him," Kent said.
                "I can help," Clark said.
                "No, stay out of this. You can't afford to do anything, you are not that powerful yet. I'll take care of it," Kent said as he unbuttoned his shirt and the S was exposed. Before Clark could say anything, Kent's clothing laid on the floor and Superman flew into action.
                "Now I know how Chloe feels like after I disappear," Clark said as he did what others have done in the past -watched helplessly.

Smallville, Kansas. 2006:
                Lex sat in his study as his cell phone rang.
                "Yes."
                "Sir, it is all set up. The package will be picked up in four hours from now," the voice said.
                "Excellent news. Remember to pick up the package when it is left unguarded. Is that understood," Lex instructed.
                "Of course, Sir." Lana entered the study as Lex ended the conversation.
                "Then I will let you tend to your responsibilities," Lex said as he turned off his cell phone. "Lana, I never tire to see such true beauty."
                "You are such a charmer, Lex," she said as she kissed him.
                "I’m only telling you the truth, something that you finally deserve," Lex returning the kiss.
                "Am I keeping you from something important?" Lana asked.
                "Nothing is more important than you," Lex smiled as he noticed her distracted somewhat. "Lana, is there something wrong?"
                "Well I saw Clark today."
                "What was the master of secrets doing today?"
                "Well he was worried about his mother. She has been getting strange phone calls."
                "Oh I'm sorry to hear that. If he wants I can find out who is responsible."
                "He said it's from one of your security staff."
                "Really? Now how does he know that? Oh wait, I think he can thank our bloodhound reporter wannabe, Miss Sullivan for that."
                "He's quite concern Lex. He just wants to find out why."
                "Well do you know this caller's name?"
                "Mike Brown."
                "Mr. Brown, well don't concern yourself with him. I had him fired this morning. He was investigating my private life. Probably doing the same since Martha Kent is a senator now. So I guess Clark is blaming me for this as well," Lex said.
                "To tell you the truth he didn't blame you, but he wanted to find out what you knew about him."
                "Not blaming me, now that's doesn't sound like the Clark Kent we all know," Lex said then changed his expression. "In fairness, I can't blame him for worrying about his mother. I will look into this. It's the least I could do."
                "Thank you, Lex," Lana said as she hugged him.
                "For you I would tear this world apart, Lana," Lex said. "Why don't you get some rest, we got a long night tonight,"
                "I'm looking forward to it," she said as she kissed him again and left the study. Lex quickly grabbed his cell and activated his contact list.
                "Sir," the voice answered.
                "It appears that you may be picking up another package, Mr. Brown. It's your favorite phone number."
                "That one may be more riskier, sir. You gonna need a lot of insurance to mail that package."
                "I still want to main package, this one is just to stall some uninvited junk mail from flooding the box."
                "I will separate my team at once."
                "Until then," Lex said as he turned off his phone.
                "Well that should keep the dynamic duo of Kent and Sullivan busy while dear old dad gets the first class treatment," Lex said as he pours himself a glass of whiskey and stood next to his window.

More to follow.....
                Last edited by Supercanuck; 05-19-2006, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Hi all,

Here is some more for you.

Enjoy

Chapter 13
                  Stallion's Gate, New Mexico. 2011:
                  Lex and Daneth landed at the Project Quantum Leap facility and were escourted by a team of security as Gooshie greeted him.
                  "Mr. President, a pleasure to see you," Gooshie said then looked at Daneth. "Good day, senator."
                  "Mr. President, this is Dr. Gushman, he's the head programmer here at the facility. We all know him as Gooshie," Daneth said.
                  "Dr. Gushman, a pleasure to meet you. However, I was under the assumption that Admiral Calavicci would be meeting us," Lex said.
                  "Well the admiral has been detained, but I would be glad to give you a tour of the facility," Gooshie said.
                  "There is only one place I would want to see, Dr. Gushman, and that is the main computer room. Besides if you think that a tour will save this multi-bilion dollar project, then you are in for a disapointment. So if you don't mind, the main computer room please," Lex said as his persoanl soldiers arrived at the scene fully loaded. Gooshie hoped that Sammie Jo and Donna had the defences ready for he had run out of stalling time.
                  "By all means," he said as he extended his hand. "This way, please." Lex followed as he whispered to Daneth.
                  "Is this the right direction?"
                  "It is, Mr. President. Ziggy is straight ahead," he replied as they entered the building. Meanwhile Donna and Sammie Jo were just about finished with the defensive program.
                  "Has Al made contact with Sam yet?" Donna asked as she finished the diagnostic.
                  "No not yet, for some reason Ziggy is still not functioning at full capability," Sammie Jo replied. "Wait, he made contact. Do you want me to advise him of the situation?"
                  "Yes, and tell him that we may have to clear Ziggy's memory banks incase they try to access her. In the meantime we get the force shields up in the computer room. Our lasers and a security are ready to hold the base until Sam is able to finish his mission."
                  "It's hard to believe that we are actually traitors to the US now by facing the president," Sammie Jo said.
                  "Luthor is no president, I'm not even sure that he is a man. Besides if Sam is successful then this will never have happened," Donna said.
                  "I just wish that father can do this," she said looking at Donna. "If it wasn't for being an observer from time to time, I wouldn't have met my father. If we don't get out of this alive, I just want to thank you. Donna, for telling me the truth about Dr. Beckett."
                  "You had to the right to know, Sammie. Besides, Sam has never let us down and he's not going to let us down now," Donna said as Sammie Jo noticed something on the screen.
                  "I found the problem with Ziggy. It appears that somebody has put a stealth program into Ziggy. It gives the user all access to the facility as well as identity of every personnel at the facility,"
                  "Where did it come from? Donna inquired as Sammie Jo made a startling discovery.
                  "It hasn't been created yet. That means one thing, Lothos had somebody here and they had access to the computer."
                  "But I thought that we fixed that problem the last time Sam and Sirus tangled?"
                  "We did, nobody that has access to Ziggy can be the target of a leap, however, it wouldn’t be hard to transport the program like the way they did here. It had to be done by a leaper that just was in the building. Don't worry I have now shielded the program. Any leaper enters this facility and we will now about it," Sammie Jo said.
                  "But now they know about our defences."
                  "We didn't activate the new program yet. I'm shutting down this program," Sammie Jo said. "There, now we can activate the defences." With one push of the button, the defences were online.
                  "We'll hold them, my love. Just do what you have to do," Donna said as she prayed that Sam could save them once again.

more to follow.....

Comment

as always lookin good, ppms

thanks

Comment

I love this so much update really soon

Comment

Where's that guy been anyhow? I've been wondering when he was gonna write more. Of course he migh've lost interest in it by now.

Comment

hey guys,

Sorry about this long delay...

Things have been quite hective, it began with a computer crash, to a new job to family emergencies. I m sorry for keeping you all dragging, but in about a couple of weeks I will be adding some new stuff soon.. Sorry about this long delay

hope you are doing ok, Jephael

Take care

R

Comment

Doing ok, dude. I've been kinda dealing with trying to get a job and manage to live on my own. In a funny way, I sort of feel like I got a secret identity.

Comment

Hi all,

Thank you all for waiting so long. I'm hoping to get some more in the next few days.

Chapter 14

Stallion's Gates, New Mexico, 2011:

Colonel Tom Beckett had prepared his men for the possible shooting match that was about to begin with the rest of Luthor's private army. Tom Beckett remembered history a lot different than what his younger brother Sam had remembered it. In his timeline, Tom returned home after Vietnam with the promotion to Captain. He led many numerous special forces missions in counter-terrorism and was decorated on numerous occasions. On one of his last missions in Vietnam, he encountered a photojournalist who died while taking photos that proved the existence of POW held captive by the Viet Con. One of the images that were captured by time was an image of POW Alphonse Calavicci. Tom led the mission to return to Vietnam and rescued the POW's including Al Calavicci. The greatest moment in Tom's military career when he saw Al reunited with his wife Beth. Tom continued a successful military career and was recruited by the very man that he saved. In 1999, Admiral Calavicci recruited him as head of security for Project Quantum Leap. It was then that he learned the truth that his brother was lost in time and that Sam had saved him from a history that would have had the colonel dead by the hands of a traitor. He made it his solemn vow to help Al get his brother back home and to protect the secrets of his brother's creation. Tom even served as an Observer shortly after they retrieve his brother from the slips stream. Now they were so close in finding a way to bring back Sam he would be damned before he allow a corrupted politician like Lex Luthor close the project and if it meant fighting the whole might of the USA, then so be it. He owed Sam his life and his life he was going to give.
                              "Alright, folks. This is it. We got to hold the fort until the last man. You were all chosen to protect the secrets of this project from all threats. I know many of you are aware that once the first laser beam is fired, we will be labeled as traitors, but we must have faith and give Dr. Beckett the time he needs to complete his mission," Tom said as the men prepared for the fight. "So if you die here, don't get to comfortable in heaven, because if Sam succeeds, then you're right back here," he said as the rest of the men laughed. Tom knew how to keep his unit's morale high.
                              "We are all with you, colonel. We won't let you down," One of the men said.
                              "Then let's cheat Fate, gentlemen," Tom said as they took their position. As all of this was going on, Gooshie was bringing Luthor and his entourage closer to the main computer room and closer to the imminent battle for the base. As they got closer to the waiting room, they notice the door torn off of wall.
                              "What the hell happened here?" Lex said.
                              "Oh we had an accident, Mr. President," Gooshie said.
                              "What is this room?"
                              "That's the waiting room," Daneth said.
                              "Waiting room?"
                              "Yes it's where the people that Dr. Beckett leaps into stay until the leap is finished," Daneth replied.
                              "Wait a minute, isn't Clark supposed to be in there? That's who Dr. Beckett leapt into?" Lex demanded.
                              "Yes, well after the accident, we moved the young man," Gooshie said as Lex walked towards the room.
                              "Mr. President, we don't have time to investigate this. You have to shut down the program," Daneth said.
                              "All in good time, senator," Lex said as he entered the room. "How did this door get ripped out of wall and be thrown over there?" Lex demanded.
                              "It was a quantum explosion. I can't really explain it, Mr. President. We are still investigating," Gooshie said.
                              "A quantum explosion? I find this hard to believe. Where is Clark Kent?" Lex said.
                              "He's in another room," Gooshie said.
                              "I want him here now," Lex said.
                              "Mr. President, after you shut down the program, you can do whatever you want. But your time is running out," Daneth pleaded with him.
                              "Senator, you are really starting to annoy me. I am still in charge here. I want Clark Kent here and now," Lex said.
                              "I will get him, sir," Gooshie said as he walked out of the room. Gooshie saw this opportunity to get away from them and quickly went into another room.
                              "Dr. Fuller, I am now away from them. They are in the waiting room," he said as the force fields were activated.
                              "Gooshie, use the secret entrance to the computer room quickly, we need all the help we could get," Sammie Jo said.
                              "I'm on my way, Dr. Fuller," Gooshie said as he headed to towards the secret access door and left the room.
                              "BEEEEEEEEEEP!" The alarms deafened the room as the Lex and the rest of the entourage heard them from the waiting room.
                              "What's going on here?" Lex demanded.
                              "It appears that they are going to fight us, Mr. President," Daneth said.
                              "Well it's sad to see that they don't value life. Prepare the invasion," Lex said to one of his soldiers.
                              "Yes, sir," he replied as the battle for the base was about to begin.

more to follow.....
                              Last edited by Supercanuck; 08-16-2006, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Aw dude, I love it that you used Sam's brother! I actually wrote a QL fanfic once where Sam leaped into Tom and had a conversation with his own younger self!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎