Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leap of Fate ( A Quantum Leap/Smallville Crossover)PG-13 warning may contain spoilers

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leap of Fate ( A Quantum Leap/Smallville Crossover)PG-13 warning may contain spoilers

Leap of Fate
    A Quantum Leap/Smallville crossover fan fiction
    By SuperCanuck
    PG-13
    Disclaimer: (the following story is the work of fan fiction and I am not making any money from this story. This is in homage of two great TV series. "Quantum Leap:" is based on the Universal TV Series created by D. Bellasario. Quantum Leap and its characters are copyright of Universal TV. Sirus the evil leaper is a creation of the author. "Smallville" is based on the WB TV Series based on the DC Comics Character "Superman" created by Jerry Seigel and Joe Shuster. Smallville and its characters are copyright of Warner Bros. & DC Comics. No infringements of these rights are intended.)
    (The events of this fan fiction take place 11 years after the end of the series finale of Quantum Leap and during Season 5 of Smallville. Warning some spoilers may appear)

Prologue

"A dimension without end." Sam Beckett thought as his consciousness crossed the slipstream of time. For the first five years since his leap from the mysterious bar known as ‘Al's Place,’ Sam had never made contact with home or his closest friend, Admiral Al Calavicci.
    "I'm going to get you out of this, Sam. No matter what it takes, I'm going to get you out of this." The last words Sam heard from Al. Sam knew what that friendship meant to the both of them. For he chose to reunite Al with Beth - his one true love. But despite what the entity Sam knew as 'Al the Bartender' had said about the scientist's ability to control his own leaps, Sam was never able to find the slipstream that would lead him home. Sam always referred the entity as some sort of gatekeeper or referee for Fate. Even though he gave him the option to go home at anytime, Sam, despite wanting to go home, had another wrong to put right. Al and Beth had a love that was more powerful than time itself, sadly hate or some malevolent being destroyed it -and Sam knew he had to fix it. Thus Sam returned to that crucial moment in time to stop Beth from making the worst mistake of her life and gave her hope that Al was alive. Fate was restored, but at a price. After Sam leaped away from Beth, he was trapped in time with no contact from his linear timeline. Don Quixote was without his Sancho and the windmills got a lot bigger. It appeared that Fate's answer for Sam saving Al's marriage was exile from his linear existence, but Sam had no regrets and the art of self-sacrifice was easy for him to master. Sam continued to leap from life to life and help change the course of Fate. Back in Sam's present, Al spent five years trying to find ways to get his friend back home. Ziggy's technology grew as well and with the help of Sam's daughter Sammie Jo -they constructed a new retrieval program for Ziggy. At last Al would be able to keep his promise to his friend. After many simulations, they launched the retrieval program; unfortunately they did not get the result they had hoped for. Nonetheless, the consolation prize was golden. The program was able to find Sam's aura and within minutes of the operation, a person leaped into the waiting room with Sam's aura. After five years of searching, Sam was back in touch with his timeline. After a joyful reunion, Sam and Al had to save the life of a doctor that was destined to cure cancer. After succeeding in his mission; they tried the retrieval program again in the hopes that Sam would return home, but alas Sam was already on a new mission in the past, but this time the essence and a new person appeared in the waiting room. Sam and Al were a team once more. To Sam all of this seemed like yesterday, but in reality six more years had passed since then and Sam's world had changed as well. Al tried to get Sam up to speed with the changes, but his Swiss cheese brain made him forget a great deal of the future. In 15 years of leaping, Sam had learned the ability of seeing the slipstream of time between leaps.

As Sam traveled passed the numerous streams, he noticed a large light at the end of the journey.
    "This particular stream was no different than the last." He thought as he usually saw a light at the end of the stream before every leap. The light symbolized the door between time and the linear world. However, this stream at the end had a light that was bigger than any other light he had ever seen.
    "This light may be the leap home." He thought as he got closer to it, but something happened. Instantly the other streams of time crossed with each other and the light started to fluctuate. The crossing of the streams had created a huge light and for a brief moment it appeared that another force was about to enter. Sam's consciousness continued to head towards the light, but to his amazement -he heard voices.
    "I must warn you, Ka-el. If you do this, FATE will find a way to keep the balance."
    "I have to save her." From that moment the streams of time exploded. Caught in the explosion, Sam couldn't control his destination and instantly Sam leaped into history. Seconds later, Sam rematerialized in solid form.
    "I'm whole," Sam said as he as he felt his face. The blue light had disappeared by the time Sam looked around.
    “What was that light? And most importantly. Where am I?”

Chapter 1 to follow when time permits.
    Last edited by Supercanuck; 02-16-2006, 10:07 PM.

Dude, that was an awesome opening!

Comment

Thanks Jephael

Comment

Whoa Randy! Great job on this! PPMS!

Comment

Thanks, number8

Chapter 1 should be posted by Sat at the latest.

Comment

here it is. I hope it's ok I typed it real fast. Hope to have chapter 2 by next week.

Chapter 1

Project Quantum Leap: Stallion’s Gate, New Mexico, 2011
            “Where am I?” Clark Kent wondered for he was confused by his surroundings. Just a few seconds ago, Clark was upstairs at the Talon helping Lois move a few things –now he was in a room and the walls were chroma key blue. Looking at himself, Clark saw that he was now wearing some sort of white space suit, or maybe it was a jump suit Clark pondered. Clark slowly walked towards a silver structure that looked like an examination table. As he got closer he noticed that the table’s surface could serve as a mirror. Since the room had absolutely nothing not even a visible door, Clark moved closer to the reflection. Clark’s hearing picked up the sound of footsteps about five feet away then instantly he heard the sound of a door opening. Clark quickly turned around and was face to face with his first visitor or jailer -he wasn’t certain. Clark observed the man, he was average, wearing a white suit as well, but had a white coat. Clark noticed that the man had bad breath; the odour was even stronger than the animals at the Kent Farm.
            The man smiled briefly at him. “Good morning, Dr. Beckett,” he said typing on what looked like to be an advanced hand held note pad. “Oh, I mean, Mr. Kent. Do forgive me I do that with every visitor.”
            “Who are you?” Clark demanded.
            “I’m Gooshie –the head programmer of…”he said then paused nervously. “I almost did it again. I work here.”
            “How did I get here? Who’s responsible for this?” Gooshie began to stutter.
            “Www well that’s an in interesting question. To to answer your first question, you leaped here. Wh who brought you here? W well that depends on your point of view. Are you a religious man?” Clark wasn’t getting the answers he wanted.
            “JOR-EL IS THIS YOUR DOING?” Clark yelled as he walked closer to the bench and the reflection. Gooshie, trying to control the angry and confused teen, walked towards him.
            “I I can assure you that that whoever this Jor-el person you are referring to is not responsible. Out of desperation for the truth, Clark quickly grabbed Gooshie and held him up high.
            “GET ME OUT OF HERE!” Clark demanded as he held on to a frightened Gooshie.
            “I I really wish I could, but but I can’t. The door is locked and and if you leave here you could put our friend in serious danger.” Clark saw that Gooshie was frightened, but he remained firm on his stance.
            “I won’t hurt you, but you are going to get me out of here,” Clark said as the door opened for a second time.
            “Alright, son, let him go. I promise I will answer all of your questions,” the cigar smoking man pleaded.
            “I’m sorry, admiral. He just came at me so quickly.”
            “It’s alright, Gooshie. Just don’t’ breathe on him,” Al said. “Now, Clark, I must ask you again, please let him go.” Clark slowly lowered Gooshie until his feet touched the floor. The admiral slowly walked towards Clark.
            “I’ll take it from here, Gooshie.”
            “Be my guest, admiral.” Gooshie quickly activated the door and left the room.
            “Alright, kid –I’m all yours.”
            “Who are you?”
            “I am the project observer. My name is Admiral Al Calavicci, but you can call me Al.”
            “How did you know my name?”
            “Ziggy told us.”
            “Who’s Ziggy?”
            “Ziggy is our super computer in layman’s terms.”
            “What is this place?”
            “This is what we call the waiting room.”
            “The waiting room?”
            “Yes. Here is where others, like you, come during a leap. Once a leap is over, the person goes back to their point of origin.”
            “Leap? Go back? You’re not making any sense!” Clark stated impatiently.
            “I’m trying, Clark!” Al fired back, but quickly clamed down and started over. “A leap is where a person from our time travels back to the past. The person’s mental and physical body travels in the past, leaving the aura or essence here. Meanwhile the person from the past travels here with everything except his or her aura. He takes your appearance and you take his.
            “That doesn’t make any sense.”
            “Clark I have been doing this for 16 years and it doesn’t make sense to me either, but that’s how it works.”
            Ok wait a minute here. Aura? Time travel?” Al pointing at the table said.
            “Look for yourself, Clark.” Clark was still in disbelief, however all of that had changed as Clark walked towards the table and glanced upon the reflection.
            “MY GOD!” he yelled looking his new face. “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?”
            “Nothing, Clark,” Al replied calmly. “You are still who you are. Just your aura has changed and it’s only temporary.
            “Who is this guy?” Clark asked as he looked his new face, the face that had the features of a middle-aged man.
            “That is Dr. Sam Beckett. The creator of Project Quantum Leap and the person that has your aura.”
            “Project Quantum Leap?”
            “It’s the name of this experiment.”
            “Where is this Dr. Sam Beckett now?” Clark’s voice grew enraged.
            “In the past. Your past,” Al replied.
            “He’s in Smallville?”
            “That is correct. Sam has leaped into your aura in Smallville, Kansas. Circa 2006.”
            “2006 is the present.”
            “No, Clark. Sam is in your present, my past.”
            “Your past?”
            “Yes. We are in New Mexico –and the year is May 18th, 2011,” Al said as he lit up another cigar.
            “Forgive the cliché, Clark. But you’re not in Kansas anymore.”

To be continued.
            Last edited by Supercanuck; 06-24-2008, 04:56 PM.

Comment

This could get very interesting, ppms

Comment

Had some spare time today, so I typed this up. Hope it's ok.

Chapter 2

Smallville, Kansas, 2006.
                Sam finally got back his composure as he tried to get familiar with his surroundings. Looking around the area, Sam noticed a box on the ground –no doubt he or whoever was in his place before the leap, dropped it.
                “Smallville! I told you to be careful with that!” a female voice scolded him from the stairs.
                “Sorry,” Sam answered as he thought who would name their child Smallville.
                “Well it’s my fault for thinking that you can actually do something without messing it up,” she said walking pass him and checking the cotenants of the box.
                “Are we married?” Sam asked as he looked at her annoyingly.
                “Why the hell did you say that?”
                “Because you’re busting my chops,” Sam replied.
                “Cute, Smallville,” she replied sarcastically. “But in your dreams.” Sam mockingly smiled at her and said.
                “Ah, so you treat everybody like crap.”
                “No –just you,” she replied giving the same smile and grabbing the box. “If you will excuse me, I’m going to make sure you don’t drop this again.” Sam watched her as she headed for the room on the right.
                “Of all the places I had to leap, I had to be with Mrs. Attila the Hun. But she is pretty.” Sam thought as he searched himself for some sort of identification. Unfortunately for Sam, he could not find any hint of his identity.
                “What’s taking you so long, Al?”

Project Quantum Leap: Stallion’s Gate, New Mexico, 2011.
                Al had spent the last hour explaining the entire project and the life Sam had led to Clark. He tried to keep an open mind; however, Clark still had questions.
                “So Sam Beckett is a time traveler and he leaps through time in order to help people.”
                “You got it, kid.”
                “So who control these ‘leaps’ as you call them?”
                “We are not sure to tell you the truth. God, Time, Fate,” Al said lighting up his third cigar. “Your guess is as good as mine.”
                “But for some reason he is me because something is about to go wrong?”
                “Exactly. Now you’re catching on, Clark.”
                “So what’s going to happen?”
                “Well I don’t know exactly. Well ever since the second meteor shower in 2005, most of the archives in Smallville went up in flames, so most things pre-shower are only speculation. Ziggy is checking all the archives in 2006 we got to see if there is anything…” Al tried to explain as his hand link lit up.
                “Ziggy says that the imaging chamber is ready. I got to go and check up on Sam.
                “Imaging chamber?”
                “It’s where I can talk to Sam. Our brain waves are connected so he can see me as a form of a hologram.”
                “Can everyone else see you?”
                “No, only Sam can see or hear me. Well others have seen me, but it’s rare. I just hope that your friends don’t think your, I mean Sam is nuts. People tend to think that if they catch Sam talking to himself.”
                “It’s Smallville, the weird capital of the world.”
                “If you say so, kid,” Al replied as the door opened and Gooshie walked inside.
                “Admiral, we just got word from Washington. The president will be meeting you in a week to discuss the upcoming budget renewal.”
                “Luthor again. Won’t that guy just leave us alone,” Al replied in disgust.
                “Luthor!” Clark froze. “Lionel Luthor!”
                “Lionel Luthor; no. His son Alexander,” Gooshie replied.
                “LEX LUTHOR IS PRESIDENT!” Clark freaked. Gooshie remembering Clark’s abnormal strength slowly walked towards Al and stood behind him.
                “Ppresident Lluthor became president last year after the the death of President Stone,” Gooshie stuttered.
                “How much does Lex knows about this project?”
                “Actually he was just aware of it about nine months ago. So he wants to see it for himself,” Al said.
                “I can’t stay here. Lex knows too much about me. If he knew I was here, he would try to destroy my life.”
                “I’m no fan of Luthor, Clark. But I doubt that he would try to destroy your life. He hasn’t interfered with a leap yet,” Al said trying to calm down Clark. For he knew that the tension level was burning up in solar proportions.
                “Al, in my timeline Lex lives in Smallville and he has done nothing but ruin peoples’ lives.”
                “Alright, Clark. Stay put and I’ll try to see what I can do. Gooshie, I want you to stall if Washington tries to reach us. I’m going to see Sam.”
                “But I can’t stay.”
                “You’re gonna have to, Clark. I’m sorry, but if you leave here and if something happens to you; we could lose Sam –and I am not going to let that happen again.”
                “I’ll escape,” Clark threatened.
                “With 10 inches of solid Titanium in between these doors, I don’t think so,” Al smiled as he and Gooshie quickly left room. The door behind them closed swiftly. Al looking at the guard said.
                “Sgt., you may here him scream and make noise in there, but by no means that you go in there without either Gooshie or I accompanying you. Understood,” Al ordered.
                “Yes, sir,” the guard replied as they heard an unexpected sound coming from the door.
                “KRRREEEN!” The door began to cave in.
                “This is not possible!” Al’s cigar dropped from his mouth as the three men witness the Titanium door flying in the air.
                “DON’T MOVE!” the guard aimed his gun at Clark.
                “I’m sorry, Al. But I can’t stay. Don’t worry nothing will happen to me,” Clark said.
                “BRAAM! BRAAM!” The guard fired his gun at Clark.
                “NOOO!” Al yelled. “If you kill him, Sam is trapped in the past for good.” The bullets flew at its target, but to their surprise –Clark caught them all, leaving the men in awe.
                “Oh my God!” Al said as Clark gave him a quick smile and instantly he disappeared like he never was there to begin with. Al quickly took out his hand link.
                “Ziggy, put the base on full alert. Don’t let him escape.
                “It’s too late, admiral. He’s got pass the main doors before I could activate my defenses.”
                “Damn it! How can he move that fast?” Al shouted.
                “What are we going to do, admiral?” Gooshie asked.
                “Get Ziggy to do a match on Sam’s aura. Hopefully we’ll find him. I got to tell Sam,” Al said as he left the area. Gooshie left as well leaving the guard alone next to the debris.
                “It appears that you failed, Sirus.” The voice came out of nowhere.
                “I’m sorry, Zoe. I shot the visitor and she should have died, leaving Dr. Beckett trapped, but he caught the bullets,” the guard replied. For the guard was one of the evil leapers Sam fought against on many occasions.
                “Do you have any ides how long it took Lothos to create a program that could temporary cloak you from Ziggy’s Matrix?”
                “Don’t punish me, Zoe. I’ve done what I could. How was I supposed to know that bullets wouldn’t hurt him,” Sirus explained as Zoe looked at her hand link.
                “Luckily for you Lothos was monitoring the situation and as much as I do want to punish you, Lothos needs you for another important mission. Prepare to leap,” she said as she faded away. Instantly a red light consumed Sirus and the guard was brought back next to the debris. Looking at the damages and with his mind Swiss cheesed from the leap, the guard stood there stunned and confused as he said.

“What the hell just happened here?”

more to follow.....
                Last edited by Supercanuck; 02-26-2006, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Very Very Cool. Quantum Leap is one of my all time favorites and Smallville is my all time fav. Very cool crosover, I cant wait to see more.

Comment

I used to enjoy QL when it was on. This is a VE5RY INTERESTING story. PPMS.

Comment

Aw man, what a story! I can't wait to read the next part!

Comment

Thank you all
                        You all been quite supportive to this story and I will try and get more chapters done as quick as I can. For now I give you this one. Hope it’s ok.

Chapter 3

Smallville, Kansas, 2006.
                        Sam had only been at his new location for about five minutes and already he was in trouble.
                        “Smallville, you still up there?” You know I got some more boxes downstairs,” she said coming out of the room.
                        “Uh? Oh sorry. I was just…” he said as she interrupted him.
                        “Thinking about Lana again are we? I know she use to live here and quite frankly I don’t want to know your Lana fantasies. Besides she is not coming out of the room, so stop looking –she’s not here.”
                        “Lana?” Sam pondered.
                        “Yes Lana. You know the love of your life,” she said. “Oh don’t tell me you’re getting amnesia again.”
                        “No, I’m just tired.” Sam tried to bluff his way out.
                        “Well you can rest later,” she said as she went down the stairs. Sam followed as he hoped to get some information on his surroundings. Arriving downstairs, Sam quickly learned that he was in a coffee shop of some sort.
                        “Nice,” Sam said admiring the Egyptian art all over the shop.
                        “What’s nice, Smallville?” she asked.
                        “The Egyptian art,” Sam replied with passion in his voice. “They were an amazing civilization.”
                        “Wow, you make it sound like you have been there.”
                        “I have,” Sam answered remembering the time he had leapt into an archeologist.
                        “Since when, farm boy?” Sam figured that this girl whoever she was –knew a lot about the person he leapt into.
                        “I mean that I have always dreamt of going there,” Sam said quickly.
                        “Since when?” she said adding more sarcasm to her voice. Sam knew he was going nowhere.
                        “Do I tell you everything?”
                        “No and thank God for that,” she said continuing her sarcasm towards him. Sam was really getting frustrated with this girl, but he needed to learn more. Sam looked at the girl hoping to find some sort of ID. However, she noticed him as he constantly stared at her.
                        “What are you doing, Smallville?” she asked. “You trying to get a look?”
                        “NO!” Sam blurted out as he tried to think on his feet. “I just noticed that you are not wearing your name tag.”
                        “Yeah so?”
                        “Well what if the boss comes in?”
                        “We don’t open for another 15 minutes. Besides I don’t think Lana would say much even if she did walk in,” she replied.
                        “Lana owns this place?”
                        “OK, Clark! This isn’t funny anymore,” she said.
                        “Finally, I know my real name.” Sam thought.
                        “But if ‘Chrome Dome’ Luthor walked in and saw me without it he would might give me hard time,” she replied.
                        “Chrome Dome?”
                        “Well he did call me a muffin peddling college drop out,” she said as she went to the cash register and picked up the nametag.
                        “Happy?” she asked putting it on.
                        “I am now,” Sam replied as he read the tag. “Lois.” Sam began to smile.
                        “You know you are very weird at time, Smallville,” Lois said as Sam continued to smile. Within seconds Sam heard the familiar sound of the imaging door opening; Al had finally arrived.
                        “Sam, I’m up here!” Al said.
                        “AL!” Sam replied out loud without thinking.
                        “Al?” Lois queried. Sam had to play catch-up again with Lois.
                        “I said that Al be going back upstairs,” Sam said as he headed for the stairs.
                        “Forgetting something, Smallville?” Lois said pointing at the boxes.
                        “Oh yeah right,” Sam replied as he grabbed the top box.
                        “Only one? You usually take up three of them,” Lois said.
                        “Could you give me a break, these things weigh a ton,” Sam said as he slowly climbed up the stairs.
                        “Sam, we need a place to talk!” Al said as Sam put the box onto the ground.
                        “That’s her room and I don’t need her catching me in there. Let’s try the other room,” Sam said as they headed for the door.

Washington, DC. 2011.
                        Lex Luthor the President of the United States stood by the window as he waited for the arrival of the chairperson in charge of funding Project Quantum Leap. When Lex first heard of the project he was quite skeptical, but the last few reports from the committee showed that time travel had indeed become a reality. Now all he needed to do was find a way to use this time machine to his advantage. His thoughts were quickly interrupted by a knock on the door.
                        “Come in,” Lex said as his secretary entered the Oval Office.
                        “Good morning, Mr. President. Your morning paper, sir.”
                        “Thank you, Marcy.”
                        “Senator Williams will be here shortly, sir,” she said. Leaving the paper on his desk. “Is there anything else, sir?”
                        “Just give my wife a call and tell her that the gala is set for nine instead.’
                        “Very good, sir,” she said leaving the Oval Office. Lex sat down and read the morning edition of the Daily Planet.
                        “SUPERMAN FOILS INTERNATIONAL NUKE SMUGGLING RING.” The headline read and the byline was by Clark Kent. Lex slowly crushed the newspaper and cursed to himself.
                        “Damn that alien! He’s put my plans off by at least a year,” he said as he dropped the paper on his desk. “Damn you Clark for freeing that alien from the cave.” Lex believed that during his days living in Smallville -Clark had a secret. During the hunt for the stones, Lex hypothesized that Clark somehow got a hold of the stones and open some sort of gateway that brought the alien to Earth. At first Lex thought that Clark had these phenomenal abilities, but before he left Smallville for good, Lex saw the destruction of the caves and then the alien appeared. Clark and the alien were together at the same time when the caves were destroyed. Lex then thought that the alien somehow channeled some of his abilities to Clark in order to free him from the cave. He knew that it was the same alien that the other two aliens from the black ship were looking for. The alien known as Ka-el, but Lex hated him more for the trade name the press had given him –Superman.
                        Damn you, Clark. With all of that power in the palm of your hand you freed this alien. If I would have found the stones I could have control the alien.” He thought as he walked towards a giant globe.
                        “I could have had all of this,” he said touching the globe.
                        “Mr. President, the Senator is here to see you,” the voice on the intercom said. Lex walked towards it and replied.
                        “Send him in, Marcy.” Lex saw the door opening, but if only he could have see what was about to happen next. As the senator walked inside; a stream of red electrical light engulfed the senator and then it quickly vanished.
                        “Good morning, senator.”
                        “Good morning, Mr. President.”
                        “Please sit down,” Lex said as the senator complied. “Now what have you brought me today, senator?” The senator smiled as he said sinisterly.
                        “Mr. President, I am about to bring you the world.”

more to follow soon
                        Last edited by Supercanuck; 03-02-2006, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Very cool. I look forward to seeing how this works out

Comment

Hi again. Another chapter typed up, I got about two more to type then it may be a couple of weeks before the rest of the story. Hope you all enjoy.

Chapter 4

Smallville, Kansas, 2011.
                            At full speed, Clark arrived back home to Smallville. However, as he entered the business district, he noticed a major change –The Talon was gone. The building, torn down and a parking lot now filled the void.
                            “How could this be?” Clark was bewildered by his discovery. “I was just here.” A person walked passed Clark and noticed his attire.
                            “Nice get up, buddy.” Clark noticed that the white outfit brought much unwanted attention as well as being way to revealing.
                            “Got to find something else to wear.” He thought looking at the front window of the clothing store. Clark noticed some clothing on display. The fashion designs were awful, but he had to fit in.
                            “I hate to do this,” Clark said referring to stealing, but he had no other option. In a flash, Clark speeded inside the store and took the clothes off, but he left behind the white suit on the mannequin. After fleeing from the store, Clark headed straight for the Kent Farm. Moving faster than a speeding bullet, Clark’s thoughts were on what Al had told him.
                            “He’s in your present, my past.” Clark began to ponder on the events.
                            “Could he be right? Am I in the future?” Clark’s run led him to the farm, but again he is surprised by his new surroundings.
                            “Jansen Farm!” Clark read the sign just above the front gate. “But that’s not possible!” Clark walked towards the front porch. He was in need of answers -and he wanted them now.
                            “Knock! Knock!” He wrapped at the door. Moments later, a little boy greeted him.
                            “Hi!” the child smiled.
                            “Hi. I was wondering if I could speak to the owner of this farm please.”
                            “Daddy! Somebody is here to see you.”
                            “Alright, son,” the man said as he went to the front door. Clark didn’t recognize the man at all.
                            “Hi, are you the owner of the farm?”
                            “Yes, I am Robert Jansen,” he replied shaking Clark’s hand. “Can I help you, Mr. …?” Clark didn’t want to use his name and he had to think fast. Then he decided to use the name of the man that has his face.
                            “Sam Beckett.”
                            “Well then, Mr. Beckett. Would you like to come in?”
                            “Yes please.” Clark entered and the man offered him a seat in the kitchen.
                            “Now how can I help you, Mr. Beckett?”
                            “I don’t want to take too much of your time, but I am looking for the previous owners of the farm. I hope you can help me.”
                            “Well I can’t guarantee too much. I just moved here about a year ago and I bought the farm through an agent. So I never met the Kent family.”
                            “Anything would be a great help.”
                            “Well I know that the farm belonged to Senator Martha Kent, well that’s what the agent said. Her husband won the senate race, but the poor guy died the same night.”
                            “I know about that one all too well,” Clark replied as his heart wept.
                            “Yeah it’s too bad. I guess Fate wasn’t on his side that night.”
                            “It was, but I wasn’t,” Clark said remembering the choice he made to save Lana and now he had to live with the consequences of that choice.
                            “I beg your pardon?” Jansen asked. Clark quickly tried to change the subject.
                            “I’m sorry, I was just thinking to myself. Please continue.”
                            “Well anyway, I think it was Mrs. Kent that moved on and I bought the farm. I would think that she had it until last year.”
                            “Do you know where she is?”
                            “I think she moved out of the state. She lost the senate to Lex Luthor in 2008. Some powerful company was able to force a recount and Luthor won. That I remember because I’m a political buff.” As much as Clark wanted to learn more about Lex’s rise to power –he wanted to find out the whereabouts of his mother.
                            “What about her son?”
                            “I think the agent told me he’s in Metropolis.” The farmer then had a thought and stood up from the chair. “Wait a minute, I got the Planet right here. I think he’s a writer for the paper.
                            “WHAT!” Clark couldn’t believe his ears as Jansen got up from his chair and grabbed the paper.
                            “Yeah it’s right here.” Jansen showed the headline to Clark.
                            “SUPERMAN FOILS INTERNATIONAL NUKE SMUGGLING RING: By Clark Kent.”
                            “Who’s Superman?” Clark asked as Jansen laughed out loud.
                            “That’s cute, Mr. Beckett. If you don’t know who he is then you must be from another planet,” the farmer smiled. “So that’s all I know.”
                            “You have helped a lot, Mr. Jansen,” Clark said as he got up.
                            “I’m sorry I can’t do more for you, Mr. Beckett,” he said as he shook Clark’s hand and escourted him to the front door.
                            “Thank you again,” Clark said as he left the house. Clark waited for the farmer to close the door then he speeded away. Now even more questions had filled Clark’s cup of curiosity and he still thirsted for answers. But he had one more stop to make before going to Metropolis –the caves. Within seconds, Clark arrived at the caves, but once again –he was taken aback by another unexpected situation.
                            “What happened here?” Clark asked as he saw the caves in total rumble. The area was caved in; however, Clark used his X-Ray vision to scan the debris. He found out that the caves were totally destroyed and even more astonishing, the Kryptonian table that held the key had disappeared.
                            “I have to find myself in order to get some answers –and fast.” Clark left the area and headed for the only place he could get answers –Metropolis.

more to follow.....
                            Last edited by Supercanuck; 03-04-2006, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Boy, this is really getting good now! I can't wait to see where this is heading!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎