Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just keep on lying!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big part of Clark not telling Lana now is the Lex factor. He's not going to tell Lana unless he feels she would be safe from Lex. Maybe he's just waiting for Lex to screw up so Lana sees the danger in being close to him. And I don't see this happening quite yet.

And yeah, I'm sure Lana has been putting pieces together, but because of the nature of their relationship, she can't seem to just confront Clark with what she suspects. We might be on the merry-go-round for a while.

I really want to see Lana and Chloe start hashing this out. I still think it's weird that they don't seem to talk much to each other.

Comment

A big part of Clark not telling Lana now is the Lex factor. He's not going to tell Lana unless he feels she would be safe from Lex. Maybe he's just waiting for Lex to screw up so Lana sees the danger in being close to him. And I don't see this happening quite yet.
      See, that doens't make sense to me because in Reckoning events would have ended the same regardless of Lana's knowledge, if Clark hadn't know about the accident. Her knowing made no difference.

What Clark is doing is essentially letting her go into battle unarmed. He could at least tell Lana about some of Lex's more nefarious deeds (torturing AC, trying to put the chip in Victor, etc).

I really want to see Lana and Chloe start hashing this out. I still think it's weird that they don't seem to talk much to each other.
      They've hardly ever talked to each other, even when they were living together the first time. I do not want to see Chloe tell Lana anything - it's not her place.

I don't know how close they really are these days. Chloe once regarded her as a sister, but they haven't been close since. And Lana's never regarded Chloe as family. They've been friends, but they've rarely opened up to each other.

I'd like to see more scenes like the traded glances between Clark and Chloe this ep and Lana noticing, so that Lana begins to suspect Chloe knows the truth.

Or catching Clark in lies - I assumed he was lying about having been at the DP with Chloe, and thought it might have been interesting if Lana caught him at it (because he didn't tell Chloe he was supposed to have been there, so she said something, etc.).

I thought they were going to play up the "best friend knows/girlfriend doesn't" theme, but they really haven't. Maybe towards the end of the season - it could be really great. We could either have a blow-out confrontation or Lana feeling betrayed and turning to Lex.

Comment

Originally posted by Liriel
        See, that doesn't make sense to me because in Reckoning events would have ended the same regardless of Lana's knowledge, if Clark hadn't know about the accident. Her knowing made no difference.

What Clark is doing is essentially letting her go into battle unarmed. He could at least tell Lana about some of Lex's more nefarious deeds (torturing AC, trying to put the chip in Victor, etc).
        The difference between the 2 car chase scenes in Reckoning was Lana calling Clark and saying "I don't know how he knew I knew, but he knew..." That's what put Lana in danger, car accident or not. The car accident is a side point in the danger argument. Her knowing is what puts her at risk. Knowing Lana "knows" would make Lex amp up his manipulation of her, and put her in a very precarious situation.

Her not knowing makes her less of a target for Lex's curiosity. He won't hurt her if she doesn't know. He can't use her as leverage to get to Clark. He can manipulate her in to trying to get answers for him, but he can't squeeze out of her what she doesn't know.

They've hardly ever talked to each other, even when they were living together the first time. I do not want to see Chloe tell Lana anything - it's not her place.
        I don't want to see Chloe tell Lana anything either. I agree that it's not her place. But Lana knows Chloe knows something. And Chloe is in a difficult position between Clark and Lana. Here are the 2 women Clark loves.... There's a conversation between them that is just waiting to happen. And it's weird that it hasn't happened yet. Maybe after the whole exchange of looks between Chloe and Clark and Lana taking note...maybe now is the right time.

Comment

Lana is basically Clark in Seasons 1 - 3..

i.e.- Good friends with Lex, she's heard about his past dealings but thinks he's different and isn't evil like his father is/was.

And despite what people told Clark about Lex, he chose to believe in him and see what kind of person he is for himself, and not be influenced by the opinions of others. I see Lana doing the exact same thing so I'm not going to fault her for acting pretty much the Exact same way Clark did the first 3 Seasons.. I'm glad Clark stood his ground and without saying it, basically told people to screw off and let him come to his own conclusions about Lex. That's the way it should be, and I think Lana deserves that same chance.

Comment

I totally agree, AnimeJoe. I'm glad that Clark sees that Lana needs to come to her own conclusions about Lex. I think Clark sees more of the big picture now, and is making some decisions based on that.

Comment

The funny thing about this whole storyline is that even if Lana doesn't ever find out, she could still be put in danger due to her relationship with Clark, AKA Superman.

Comment

The difference between the 2 car chase scenes in Reckoning was Lana calling Clark and saying "I don't know how he knew I knew, but he knew..." That's what put Lana in danger, car accident or not. The car accident is a side point in the danger argument. Her knowing is what puts her at risk. Knowing Lana "knows" would make Lex amp up his manipulation of her, and put her in a very precarious situation.
                I disagree. He chased her whether she knew or not. She was going to get hit by a bus, whether she knew or not.

If Lana knew the secret (and Clark told her about the stuff Lex did) then Lex wouldn't be able to manipulate her, because she'd know what he was really up to.

Comment

I do not care if Lana finds out or not. I do not like how Lana has treated Clark over that past 4.5 seasons (collectively speaking, of course). Lana seems to want to be thought of as the sweet little selfless girl whose parents died when she was 3. She was three. How much can she remember about what it was like to have parents. I'm not saying that she didn't grow up missing the idea of parents, but she couldn't miss her parents per se. I know first hand that you can miss the idea of having, say a father or mother, but if you do not remember them personally, how could you miss them specifically? I am soooo sorry Lana's parents died. The world that is SV would be a better place had they lived. Lana needs to move on with her life and stop looking back all the time. I think Clark loves her unconditionally, at this point. I think Lana loves Clark as best she can, at this point. They both have issues they need to settle with themselves before they can settle their issues with other. I am ready for Superman. Not yet ready for Lois. I want to see the training, the emotional maturing, the learning, the maturation of Superman's caring personna and selfless ideals. Enough of the angst already.

Comment

I disagree. He chased her whether she knew or not. She was going to get hit by a bus, whether she knew or not.

If Lana knew the secret (and Clark told her about the stuff Lex did) then Lex wouldn't be able to manipulate her, because she'd know what he was really up to.
                    OK, yes, I agree that Lana would've been hit by the bus either way. I think it's Lex's reaction to suddenly realizing Lana must know Clark's secret that brings the point home for me that Lana is in more danger if she knows. That's why, for me, the bus crash is not the issue.

She couldn't hide it from Lex that she knew. And yes, I agree that she could be in more of a position of power if Clark came clean with her, but at the same time, her friendship with Lex complicates the issue. She hasn't figured out what Lex is truly capable of yet, so she's not ready to walk away from him even if she learns Clark's secret.

And yes, being associated with Clark puts her in danger, period. But there's a balance right now with her "friendship" with Lex and her not knowing: a balance that was tipped in that scene in Reckoning when Lex lost it when he realized she knew.

Comment

That's a really good point about the bus.

What has always bothered me is that Lex never went after Chloe until there was an opportunity in Tomb. And he knows she knows something. So I'm not clear that he would necessarily go after Lana. I think Lana's friendship with Lex is what puts her in danger. Knowing Clark's secret would put her in the same position as Chloe in relationship to Lex -- if she weren't friends with him.

I'm wondering if now Clark's excuse for not telling her is becoming her friendship with Lex. Honestly, he needs to tell her.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss L
                        She couldn't hide it from Lex that she knew. And yes, I agree that she could be in more of a position of power if Clark came clean with her, but at the same time, her friendship with Lex complicates the issue. She hasn't figured out what Lex is truly capable of yet, so she's not ready to walk away from him even if she learns Clark's secret.
                        This is the biggest issue, and Clark even said this explicitly in Reckoning. When Chloe tried to convince him that he could stop her from dying, that it didn't mean that he had to keep lying to her, he said that there would always be that threat to Lana if she knows. It was at that point that he decided he's not ever going to tell her. In the episodes since, he's stuck to that and it seemed clear after their conversation at the end last night that he's going to let her go (the inevitable conclusion to their relationship) rather than tell her. Period.

Now, I think she will find out on her own, and that could be interesting. But the fact that he doesn't tell her himself will mean that they can never be together again. Just knowing will mean a lot of (finally) answered questions for Lana, but the fact that he couldn't tell her himself will be a big deal for her.

Comment

Clark knows that his relationship with Lana isn't meant to be. He also knows that Lex could get any secret out of Lana in less than 20 minutes. For once Clark is doing a smart thing and not telling her.

Lana of course caught the look between Clark and Chloe and knows something is up. Maybe she got the idea that Clark and Chloe were secretly hooking up. They could have a cat fight. That would be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by loisnlana
                            I love how Lana acknowledged the look Clark and Chloe gave eachother. Know she knows Chloe's in on it.
                            You know...I'd really like to see a scene in the future that addresses this. As you and others have said, Lana noticed that something's up and Chloe knows about it.

Now, I'd like to see Lana ask Chloe about it. This could be interesting and complicated - especially since she's friends with both, and actually shares a dorm room with Lana...not to mention this is a huge secret that she promised Clark she'd never reveal. I'd just really like to see how Chloe would handle the situation.

Comment

And despite what people told Clark about Lex, he chose to believe in him and see what kind of person he is for himself, and not be influenced by the opinions of others. I see Lana doing the exact same thing so I'm not going to fault her for acting pretty much the Exact same way Clark did the first 3 Seasons.. I'm glad Clark stood his ground and without saying it, basically told people to screw off and let him come to his own conclusions about Lex. That's the way it should be, and I think Lana deserves that same chance.
                              Agreed

Comment

I think clark needs to tell lana his own version of the truth but not tell her everything and be careful about what he says. he should also talk to jor-el about it and find out if she'll die again if he tells her anything. Otherwise he needs to improve on lying or break it off with lana. it's getting rediculas. he could always tell lana he was affected by the meteors so there are gonna be somethings about him she'll never understand. Clark has a good heart but now he needs to start using his brain.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎