No announcement yet.

Why did Clark actually break Chloe out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
    Exactly -- this is the basis for Clark's decision. But I think he was worried about what Lex might do to Chloe in trying to discover the secret. And remember Chloe's words, "I'd die before I'd ever betray you." Clark was worried about what might happen to her.
    thank you.

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Liriel
        Learning his secret isn't what got her killed - she almost got killed when she didn't know.

I'm pretty sure Lana was killed racing away from Lex after he realized she knew all of Clark's secrets (or shoudl I say after she realized that he realized). My brain may distort alot of things due to age and alcohol but of this I am quite sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Watching Smallville
          Exactly -- this is the basis for Clark's decision. But I think he was worried about what Lex might do to Chloe in trying to discover the secret. And remember Chloe's words, "I'd die before I'd ever betray you." Clark was worried about what might happen to her.
          It's a sticky situation. I can't say I disagree with you but at the same time, assuming that Clark was more concerned about keeping his secret from lex isn't that much of a stretch either.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
            It's a sticky situation. I can't say I disagree with you but at the same time, assuming that Clark was more concerned about keeping his secret from lex isn't that much of a stretch either.
            ok, i can live with that.

however, i still hate the writers for butchering clark kent.

Comment

Learning his secret isn't what got her killed - she almost got killed when she didn't know.
              Nope you're both wrong. Lana knowing or not knowing the secret as nothing to do with why she did/didn't get killed. She almost got killed because Lex and Lana both complete suck at driving and because Lex, Lana AND the bus driver all weren't watching the roads.

If only people in Smallville actually watched the damn roads, and knew how to drive it would be so much safer there!

Comment

Originally posted by Lana_Lang #1
                Nope you're both wrong. Lana knowing or not knowing the secret as nothing to do with why she did/didn't get killed. She almost got killed because Lex and Lana both complete suck at driving and because Lex, Lana AND the bus driver all weren't watching the roads.

If only people in Smallville actually watched the damn roads, and knew how to drive it would be so much safer there!

how true!

Comment

^^^I believe Chloe is really that loyal, but despite that in Smallville science it can be wiped irrelevant. Clark was doused in a bath of Kryptonite and revealed everything from Jor-el and Lara on in a split second. As aforementioned, he was also confroted with Lex having complete knowledge of his secret last season. We saw that maintaining his secret was a driving force of his resultant behavior.

From the way the show is written I have little reason to believe that Clark acts altruistically. There is some concern for self present in the mentioned plot lines. I'm not a big fan of it myself as far as Superman mythos should be, but it is the creative direction taken by the show.
                  Last edited by bobser; 02-10-2006, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSoxJim
                    ok, i can live with that.

however, i still hate the writers for butchering clark kent.
                    The writers have butchered every character along the way. I love this season, but I think they are starting to destroy every character on this show, particularly after the 100th episode. We've talked about Lana constantly and I agree that her character is just spinning her wheels, Clark is still not doing superman type stuff, Jonathan is dead, Lois still doesn't make any kind of impact on the show, Lex is turning soft again at times with this whole Lana thing and Chloe still doesn't have a relationship or some type of long term storyline with her mother. I think they need to change all of the characters as the season moves on and make them more like what they should be. That's what this season was supposed to be about I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                      The writers have butchered every character along the way. I love this season, but I think they are starting to destroy every character on this show, particularly after the 100th episode. We've talked about Lana constantly and I agree that her character is just spinning her wheels, Clark is still not doing superman type stuff, Jonathan is dead, Lois still doesn't make any kind of impact on the show, Lex is turning soft again at times with this whole Lana thing and Chloe still doesn't have a relationship or some type of long term storyline with her mother. I think they need to change all of the characters as the season moves on and make them more like what they should be. That's what this season was supposed to be about I thought.
                      WORD. Wow, I agree 100% with this, they have butchered practically every single character this season. And you didn't even bring up Martha, who seems to think nothing of hobnobbing with a convicted murderer, and Lionel, who has just become a huge enigmatic WTF.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Lana was killed racing away from Lex after he realized she knew all of Clark's secrets (or shoudl I say after she realized that he realized). My brain may distort alot of things due to age and alcohol but of this I am quite sure.
                        Yes, but then she also almost got killed when she didn't know.

Nope you're both wrong. Lana knowing or not knowing the secret as nothing to do with why she did/didn't get killed.
                        I'm not wrong. I never said otherwise. I simply said that she almost got killed (in the exact same way) when she didn't know, therefore knowing isn't what got her killed. I never said not knowing put her in any additional danger.

Comment

ok let's compare:

what's worse: dying or almost dying?

point being, if lex knew lana knew clark's secret, she would be on his list of people to one day torture.

Comment

I'm not wrong. I never said otherwise. I simply said that she almost got killed (in the exact same way) when she didn't know, therefore knowing isn't what got her killed. I never said not knowing put her in any additional danger.
                            I'm confused a bit on it myself as far as what was supposed to "select" somone as a loved on for Clark. Was it knowledge of his deepest, most intimate secret. A mutual feeling of love?

I ask because despite John Kents connection, and how Clark feels about Lana and their proposed marriage...

Why is it that Lois almost dies...twice? Once Lana saved her from falling from a chair, second she was nearly electrocuted. As of now, both Clark and Lois aren't exactly in love, to put it nicely. Chloe was never even at risk, and she and Clark are closer.

This leaves Lex's nagging suspicion of Lana knowing Clarks secret, as in this episode Lex's suspicion Chloe knew the secret, as a trigger for danger to a loved one for Clark.

Comment

I personally, think it was a combination of both....

bellereve... and his secret... had belllreve not entered into the equation... I think he'd have taken his chances on chloe not talking too much.

but the idea of Lex getting her into that "freak show/house of horrors"... was too much for him.

Clark wanted her to get help... but he also knew that if she ended up in that madhouse... help... was the last thing she was going to get.

Comment

I still think that if Clark was willing to break INTO Belle Reve to save Lex, when he didn't entirely trust Lex with his secret, then his motivation for keeping Chloe -- whom he trusts completely -- out of Belle Reve was probably selfless.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎