Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Clark actually break Chloe out?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Clark actually break Chloe out?

someone said there needed to be an actual thread about this, so continue. I stand by that he did it to protect HER, not his secret

Re: Why did Clark actually break Chloe out?

Originally posted by tec611
    someone said there needed to be an actual thread about this, so continue. I stand by that he did it to protect HER, not his secret
    I agree. He was doubting her sanity (more reasonably than others since, he knew her family history), but the reason he broke her out is because he knows Belle Reve is a nightmare and he knows Lex has plans and he knows how far Lex might go (Aqua) and he doesn't want to see Chloe's mind messed with or her tortured. Not for his sake, but for her own.

Comment

hey, we can agree on something.

Comment

Re: Re: Why did Clark actually break Chloe out?

Originally posted by Liriel
        I agree. He was doubting her sanity (more reasonably than others since, he knew her family history), but the reason he broke her out is because he knows Belle Reve is a nightmare and he knows Lex has plans and he knows how far Lex might go (Aqua) and he doesn't want to see Chloe's mind messed with or her tortured. Not for his sake, but for her own.
        I completely agree. I never even thought that Clark was doing it to protect his secret.

Comment

Me neither. I completely agree!

Comment

I gotta disagree. It's debatable, but it was brought to my attention by another poster on another board and I was thinking it during the episode but just forgot about it. The doctor was telling Clark initially that what might cause this behavior for Chloe is the fact that she is keeping a secret and that they will find out what it is. Then a few scenes later, Lex comes marching in when Chloe is in her room sedated and tells Clark that he is going to have her transferred to Belle Reve and that he knows that Clark is close with Chloe and that he "trusts" her (hint hint), but that he will take care of her. The very next scene he lays her down on the bed at the house. When Lois questions Clark about why he took her out of there, Clark asks Lois if she really wanted Lex and his doctors getting inside of Chloe's head. That to me means that Clark doesn't want Lex and his doctors uncovering his secret and I do believe that was the main factor in getting her out of there. I don't think that Clark wanted Chloe to get hurt as well, but I think keeping the secret from lex was priority number one especially after what happened during the season 4 finale and season 5 premier.

Comment

you know what really angers me is that people actually believe Clark would do anything to keep his secret.

based upon what lex said to him, the light went on in his head (tough to believe i know) and knowing:

A) what lionel put lex through
              B) what clark knows that chloe knows
              C) what clark knows that lex wants to know
              D) clark knows that lex knows that chloes knows from commencement/arrival

clark, knowing all of that realizes that lex may do some harm to his closest friend.

which is why he said to lois, "do you really want lex and the dr.s diggin in chloe's head" (or whatever).

so you can tell people on other boards for me, if clark had to choose between keeping his secret or saving the life of someone he loves, he will choose saving the one he loves.

did he want lex to find out? of course not. however, chloe's life means far more to him than his secret.

PHEW!

Comment

I think it was a combination of both.

If Chloe would have blabbed his secret in Belle Reve they'd be sitting in there together anyway. He would protect her in there. J/K

Comment

and another thing (ok, fake anger here)....

if you believe clark broke chloe out for selfish reasons then you have to think clark broke ryan out for the same selfish reasons????

ryan knew clark's secret. so obviously clark had to break him out before he blabbed the secret.

remember that clark is the good guy and lex is the bad guy. if sigs were allowed here, that would be mine

Comment

It was pretty clearly a combination of both. What we're doing is confusing what Clarks morals should be with what writers typically portray on the show. Clarks secret, and preventing Lex access, is a key component of this series.

Of course Clark worries for Chloe's safety. She is important to him. The writers could have left it at that, but the scene where Lex dictates that Chloe is going to Bell Reeve is key.

After Lex gives his spiel about commiting Chloe, he and Clark lock eyes in an almost combative way. Lex is saying, without words..."Yeah, Chloe disappeared with you earlier this year...I'm getting to the bottom of this..."

Clark has the "not on your life buddy" look on his face, though with hints of pouting. Lex's intent was clear and was supposed to be a driving factor in Clarks breakout of Chloe in my opinion.

Comment

Broke Chloe out to protect his secret? Nah -- Clark broke INTO Belle Reve to get Lex out. Belle Reve is a baaaaaaaad baaaaaaad place. I think that's what Clark was focused on.

Comment

Originally posted by bobser
                        It was pretty clearly a combination of both. What we're doing is confusing what Clarks morals should be with what writers typically portray on the show. Clarks secret, and preventing Lex access, is a key component of this series.

Don't get me started on the writers. Really. Anyway....

What I think people are confusing is why Clark is keeping his secret (now i mean).

What happened when Lana found out his secret???

OK, the writers are butchering my favorite superhero of all time! This question should never have to be asked!

Damn you SV writers!
                        Last edited by BoSoxJim; 02-10-2006, 09:43 PM.

Comment

What happened when Lana found out his secret???
                          Learning his secret isn't what got her killed - she almost got killed when she didn't know.

And she accepted him and agreed to marry him and he was all happy.

I really didn't like Reckoning. But this isn't the place to discuss that.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSoxJim
                            and another thing (ok, fake anger here)....

if you believe clark broke chloe out for selfish reasons then you have to think clark broke ryan out for the same selfish reasons????

ryan knew clark's secret. so obviously clark had to break him out before he blabbed the secret.

remember that clark is the good guy and lex is the bad guy. if sigs were allowed here, that would be mine
                            I think that was completely different with Ryan because Ryan wasn't as close to Clark as Chloe is and Lex wasn't as bad back in those days. Plus, think of all that has happened this season with Lex being suspicious of things back in the premier and the few episodes to follow as well as in episode 100. Clark knows that Lex is close and taking Chloe, a person that was vulnerable, would be the key to all of lex's questions about Clark.

Comment

Originally posted by myankskent
                              I think that was completely different with Ryan because Ryan wasn't as close to Clark as Chloe is and Lex wasn't as bad back in those days. Plus, think of all that has happened this season with Lex being suspicious of things back in the premier and the few episodes to follow as well as in episode 100. Clark knows that Lex is close and taking Chloe, a person that was vulnerable, would be the key to all of lex's questions about Clark.
                              Exactly -- this is the basis for Clark's decision. But I think he was worried about what Lex might do to Chloe in trying to discover the secret. And remember Chloe's words, "I'd die before I'd ever betray you." Clark was worried about what might happen to her.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎