Collapse
No announcement yet.

And Now It All Begins

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was amazing. Wow. really beautiful.

Comment

YAY!!!!! Updates!!!!!! Loved the updates!!!!!

PPMS!!!!!!

Comment

Chapter Seventeen – Truth

After the intense conversation with Pete, Clark wanted to be alone. He wanted to brood. Clark slowly walked through the corn stalks, letting a hand trail behind him as it tapped one corn stalk after another.

He really believed he had moved forward with his life. Clark had made peace with Lana. He was taking classes at Central Kansas. He was studying journalism. Clark had written some half-decent articles on his travels and he had sent them to Perry White at the Daily Planet. Perry had them published under a pseudonym.

But there was one thing holding him back. Clark looked up into the star-filled sky. Closing his eyes, he became very aware of the gentle breeze around him. The breeze lightly touched his hair and moved through his shirt. Clark opened his eyes still looking up at the sky.

“Why can’t you get out of my heart, Lois?”

Letting a breath out slowly, Clark began to walk back towards the lights of the farmhouse. He wasn’t sure that his latest decision was going to help him get over Lois. Balling his hands into fists. He wasn’t about to deprive himself of any opportunities just because Lois Lane might not be able to handle it. She would just have to learn to deal with it.

Clark walked up the porch steps. As he reached to pull open the screen door, he saw a small group of people congregating at the kitchen table over steaming cups and apple pie. Lana sat in Pete’s lap. He had his arms tightly wrapped around her while she playfully fed him a forkful of apple pie. Chloe chatted animatedly with Martha and her father. Lois leaned close to Jonathan as he quietly spoke. Shelby lay at Lois’ feet. Every so often Lois would reach up and rub her nose. Her dog allergy would never go away.

Clark let go of the door and turned away. He sat down in the porch swing. Clark knew if he had gone in there, the carefree atmosphere would suddenly have an under current of tension. He didn’t want to bring that in there.

He heard the porch door creak open. Clark grinned. Lana’s son bounded towards him. “Hey there, little guy.” Clark lifted the boy into his arms. “Isn’t it past your bedtime?”

“Not tired. I’m a big boy.”

“I can see that, but I’m a bigger boy than you and I’m tired. Why don’t you try to close your eyes.”

The little boy eyed Clark suspiciously. There was a silent struggle of wills but the older Clark won out. The little one stretched out against Clark’s chest and closed his eyes. Clark gently swayed the swing back and forth. He absently rubbed the little boy’s tummy, whose breathing soon became deep and steady.

If only everything else in life could be so simple. Clark marveled at the little boy. He struggled to remember what it felt like to have no worries. But that was difficult for him because for as far back as he could remember, he was always struggling with something.

Clark pushed his own problems out of his head. Just this once he wanted to live in the moment and not worry about anything.

Lois leaned against the porch door and smiled. She wanted to engrain the scene forever in her mind. Lois watched the man and small child for several minutes. Finally, she couldn’t keep quiet. “I don’t know which one of you is more adorable.”

Clark’s head whipped towards her. He couldn’t believe he hadn’t heard her come out. She noticed that her presence made him feel uncomfortable. Lois pushed away from the door and stood straight. “I’m intruding. I can leave.”

“No, don’t. Please stay.”

Lois’ eyes searched his eyes for the truth. She took a step forward. “Is there room on that swing for me?”

Clark nodded. Lois smoothed down her khakis before taking a seat next to Clark. “It’s beautiful out tonight.”

Clark watched her. “It is.”

Lois focused her attention on the little boy. “He’s something else.”

Clark continued to rub little Clark’s belly. “Lana and Pete are lucky to have him.”

“He’s quite taken with you.”

Clark shrugged. “He likes everybody.”

“No, Clark, it’s not hard to see who his favorites are and you certainly rank right up there with his mom and soon-to-be dad.”

“I’m glad I had the chance to know him. I don’t think I’ll ever have the chance to be this close to another child again.”

Lois frowned. “What makes you say that? You’ll have a whole slew of your own kids, Clark.”

Clark shook his head. “That’s not in the cards for me.”

“Clark. You’re not even twenty-five yet. You have a whole lifetime ahead of you.”

“I’m beginning to think that I was meant to be alone.”

Lois heard the pain in that statement. She wanted more than anything to take it away. But she was too scared to take that step. Instead, she pondered. “Maybe we’re all destined to be alone.”

“You’re not alone, Lois. You have someone.”

Lois’ stomach dropped to her knees. Clark knew about Bruce. She was going to kill Chloe.

“Bruce and I…”

“I really don’t need an explanation, Lois. I have no claim on you.” Clark stared straight ahead. He couldn’t help but respond to his own pain by shelling out some. “It looks like you finally found someone who can give you everything in the world.”

Lois’ defenses sprang into action. “Hey, that’s not fair.”

“What’s fair about any of this, Lois? I’m still in Smallville on my parents’ farm and you’ve moved on to your next billionaire.”

She leaned dangerously close to Clark. “If that little boy weren’t in your arms right now, I would punch you in the face. You have no clue what my relationship with Bruce is about. You don’t know anything about me anymore.”

“I don’t think I ever knew you, Lois.”

“Well that makes us even because I’m beginning to think that I had you pegged all wrong. You’re still just a boy.”

Lois stood up abruptly and walked back to the screen door. Looking at Clark one last time. “Stop hiding on your parents’ farm and get a life of your own.”

“I’m moving to Metropolis.”

“Excuse me?”

Clark stood up with Lana’s son in his arms. “You heard me. Think you can handle that, the two of us in the same city?”

Lois lifted her chin in defiance. “Of course I can. It’s you I’m worried about. Do you think you can handle seeing me and Bruce together?”

“Get over yourself, Lois. I certainly have.”

“Great. Then we won’t have any problems.”

Clark watched her stalk off into the house. He turned back to stare into the night. Clark hadn’t shared his other news with her. Whispering into the night. “Hey Lois, guess who the next reporter at the Daily Planet is? Surprise.”

Lois kicked a rock as hard as she could. How did that conversation manage to go so wrong so fast? She wanted to scream as loud as she could. Lois wanted to scream at Clark. She wanted to hit him. She wanted to push him as far away as possible. She wanted to kiss him and tell him not to be over her.

“You really screwed that one up.”

Lois spun around. “I thought I was alone.”

“Apparently.” Chloe stood up from the back steps and made her way down them. “You realize that everyone in the house heard what you and Clark said to each other.”

Lois groaned. “How bad is it?”

Chloe stared her cousin down. “Very.” Chloe sighed. “I hope you’re not doing this on my account.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I’ve realized that I haven’t been the best of cousins, Lois. I think I forced you to give up the best thing that’s ever happened to you.”

Lois crossed her arms. “That’s ridiculous, Chlo. You didn’t make me give up anything.”

“No, I didn’t ever actually come out and say, ‘Lois, please don’t fall in love with Clark because that would kill me,’ but my every action basically said the same thing.” Chloe hit herself in the forehead. “God, how could I have been so stupid! Here I was pouring my heart out to you about Clark when you were in love with him too.”

“Now wait just a minute. I never said…”

“Oh shut up, Lois! You love Clark. Period.”

Lois stood like a deer caught in headlights. Having Chloe, the one person she had tried so hard to keep it from, say it out loud tore down every wall Lois had built up on the subject. And now, there was only the truth. Lois was in love with Clark. And it absolutely terrified her.

“I don’t have to listen to this.”

Chloe grabbed onto Lois’ arm so she couldn’t retreat. “No, I think it’s about time you did listen to this. More than anyone, I know how much you value your independence, Lois. More than anyone, I know how much you value your self-reliance. But no man is an island. Not even Lois Lane.”

“I’m not an island. I have you. And I have Bruce.”

“Sure, Bruce is a great guy. But he’s more complicated than Fort Knox. I think you’re with him because he doesn’t force you to evaluate your feelings. Bruce doesn’t take you out of your safety zone. But Clark. He blows your comfort zone out of the water. He demands everything from you and that terrifies you.”

Lois cried out. “So what if it does terrify me? What if I am scared to give Clark everything? That’s my choice, Chloe. My choice.”

“What do you think Clark would do if you admitted you loved him? What is so bad about letting him in?”

Lois’ eyes burned. “Because he wouldn’t want me after seeing the real Lois.”

“You have got to be kidding me. If anyone on this planet knows the real Lois, it’s Clark. You put that man through the wringer and he still wants you. What else can you possibly throw at him?”

“I’m messy. And I just don’t mean throwing my clothes all over. I’m insanely obsessed with my work. I tend to forget to think about how other people feel. I’m fiercely stubborn. I always have to have my way.”

Chloe put both hands on Lois’ shoulders. “And for some inexplicable reason, those are all things Clark loves about you. Well, maybe expect that part about you not caring how others feel.”

Lois sniffled. “I didn’t say I don’t care. I said I tend to forget.”

“Sorry. That’s a very important difference.”

“Are you over him, Chloe?”

“Now we’re getting to the real issue. How I feel about Clark. I will always love him. Clark was my first love. And, to this point, my only love. But I’m not in love with him anymore.”

Lois’ eyes filled with tears. “Really?”

Chloe’s heart broke into a million pieces. The hope in Lois’ eyes confirmed Chloe’s greatest fear; Lois made herself, and Clark, miserable all because of her own unrequited feelings.

Tears began to fall down Chloe’s face. “I am so sorry, Lois. I never meant to keep you and Clark apart.”

Lois swiped at her own tears. “You didn’t. I did.”

“Because of me.”

“Maybe a little.”

“Clark loves you, Lois. He’s always going to love you. Don’t waste that love by pushing it away.”

Lois shook her head sadly. “I don’t even know how to begin apologizing to him. I’ve hurt him in so many ways.”

“Tell him the one thing he has been waiting to hear. Tell him that you love him.”

Lois sighed. “It’s not that easy.”

“Why not?”

“Bruce, for one.”

“Something tells me that Bruce would be okay losing you. Not that you’re so easy to get over. We only have to look at the brooding farm boy to see that, but, that’s not my point. My point is that Bruce would understand if you explained to him how you feel about Clark.”

“You’re right about one thing, Chlo. Actually, you’re probably right about all of it. But, I can’t go on hurting Clark like this. I have to tell him how I feel.”

Chloe smiled. Lois pulled her cousin into a hug. “Thank you.”

“I’m just sorry it took me this long to do it.”

Chapter Eighteen – Headline

“Alright, Smallville. I’m going to talk and you’re going to listen.” Lois demanded as she made her way up the loft stairs. Surprised, she found it empty.

“That’s okay. I’ll just wait for you. Even if it means waiting forever.”

Lois snorted awake. She found she had fallen asleep on the couch in the loft. She had been drooling on her own arm, a little. Lois squinted at her watch. She had been waiting for Clark for over three hours.

Lois stood up and stretched her legs. Her mind was running on overdrive. She had so many things to say but no audience. She paced back and forth, much like she had seen her favorite farm boy do over the years. Something caught Lois’ attention out of the corner of her eye.

A lab top sat closed on Clark’s desk. Without a second thought, Lois transferred it to the table. As it booted up, Lois cracked her knuckles. There was no way Lois was leaving this farm today without telling Clark the truth. They had played this game for too many years.

As she began to type, Lois thought of the perfect headline. When she was finished with the article, she sat back and shivered. No more hiding.

Lois Lane in love, with Clark Kent
        By Lois Lane

This story has been eight years in the making. While your trusted investigative reporter has been able to consistently and honestly report the most important happenings in our fair Metropolis, she has miserably failed to let those most near and dear to her know she loves them.

But no more. I, Lois Lane, vow to never again allow my own insecurities and fears keep me from embracing my own feelings.

I will never hurt someone I love just because there is a chance I could end up with a broken heart. It was a hard and long lesson to learn. But I’ve learned it. So here’s the lesson - it is better to take chances in the hopes of finding true happiness, than to take the safe road and never know what it is to love.

Here it is. Lois Lane taking that chance. I’m in love with you, Clark Kent. I am shamefully, girlishly, over-the-moon in love with you. I know that I have treated you despicably. I have no excuse to offer except to say that I was wrong – and that I’m sorry.
        I know that this comes late. And I know you may have written me off as a lost cause, but I cannot let you go one more day without knowing that I love you. It’s funny, now that I’ve said it once, I can’t seem to say it enough. I love you. I love you, Clark.

There is one thing I need to know from you – Is it too late? Have I made you hate me with my cruel words and selfish actions? If there is any way you can consider forgiving me, I would spend the rest of our lives making it up to you.

In case I don’t have you convinced of my new found declarations of love, I’m going to take the extra mile and tell you why I love you.

I fell in love with your innocence. Bordering on naivety. I didn’t think boys like you existed any more. But I was so glad to find out that they do. That you exist. I don’t mean to insult you by calling you a boy, because you were a boy – then. Every new experience was a wonderful gift for you. You treasured your friends and fiercely loved your parents. And somewhere, you found room for me.

Recently, I fell in love with you as a man. You still have all the boyish qualities I adore, but they are now the foundation for everything good I see in you as a man. I see in you all the things that I wish I were. Honest. Sincere. Brave.

I find myself dreaming about things I never thought I wanted. A wedding dress. Baby booties. Being somebody’s Mrs. But when I think of you, I want all of it. I want you, Clark.

Do you believe in miracles, Clark? Because you’re my miracle. I hope that it’s not too late. I hope that you give me the chance to say all of this again – while you stand in front of me.

I love you, Clark. That’s all I wanted to say.

Lois saved the article on Clark’s hard drive. She positioned the lab top so the screen was the first thing Clark would see when coming up to the loft. Lois looked back once more at the headline.

“It’s now or never, Smallville.”

Lois made her way down the stairs. As she headed for the farmhouse, to her old room, she wondered if it were enough.

Comment

FANTASTIC. PPMS

Comment

awww! thatz so sweet, a litle article for him!!!!!!! i cant wait for clarks reaction !!!!!!!! ppms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great story! PPMS.

Comment

EXCELLENT. Please keep this going. What a wonderful story.

Comment

wow! finally, Lois comes face to face with her feelings. great update!!

Comment

Chapter Nineteen – Ghosts

Clark headed towards the barn when his journey was cut off by his mother’s voice. “Clark honey, I’ve got breakfast on the table.”

“I’m not really hungry, mom.”

Martha walked to her son. “I know that you and Lois exchanged some harsh words last night, but today is the perfect opportunity for the two of you to work it out.”

Clark looked startled. “She’s still here?”

“She slept in your room last night.”

“Mom, how could you let her stay here after what she said to me?”

“As I recall, you gave as good as you got, Clark.”

Clark stared at the floor. “Still, you’re my mom and you should be taking my side.”

The side of Martha’s mouth curled up into a smile. “I’m always on your side. I just happen to think that Lois should be on that side too.”

“Well, apparently she doesn’t. And nothing’s going to change that.” Clark sighed. “I just want to move on with my life.”

Martha fiddled with a button on Clark’s shirt. “Is that why you’re now going to work at the Daily Planet?”

“I’m going to work that because it’s the best newspaper in the city and I want to learn as much as I can.”

Martha didn’t look her son in the eyes. “And the fact that Lois works there…”

“Has absolutely nothing to do with it.” Clark scoffed.

“I was only asking.”

He walked to the house and sat on the porch steps. “Why do I feel like that unsure seventeen year old whenever Lois is around?”

Martha sat down next to him. “Because you’re in love.”

“Is being in love supposed to be this hard?”

“Sometimes.”

“Maybe it’s my curse.”

“Clark, you are not cursed. You will be happy. I know it.”

“Just like you knew there was someone out there for me? Have you found her yet for me?”

Martha smiled sympathetically at her son. They both knew that someone was sleeping upstairs.

“Why is she so stubborn, mom? She’s driving me crazy.” He leaned his head on his mom’s shoulder. “I just want her…” He was going to say something else but then realized that’s all he wanted. Lois.

“Have you told her that?”

Clark opened his mouth but Martha quickly added. “And not more than seven years ago.”

He shut his mouth.

“The problem is that you and Lois are just too much alike.”

Clark’s head shot up. “The problem is that Lois and I are too different. She’s loud. I’m quiet. She always has to have her way. I fold like a cheap deck of cards. She’s pushy. I’m laid back.”

Martha started to laugh. Clark didn’t appreciate the reaction. She laid her hand on his cheek. “Oh sweetie, you and Lois are the same when it comes to love. It’s true that you’ve been looking for it all your life. And Lois, well, she’s been avoiding it her whole life. But, the truth is that both of you are so afraid to take that first step because it means being vulnerable. Both you and Lois want to lead this relationship and until one of you steps back you won’t get anywhere.”

He looked at his mom with big blue eyes. “You mind telling Lois that?”

“I’ll do my best.”

Clark grabbed his stomach. “Maybe I’ll have some of that breakfast after all.”

Lois rolled awkwardly out of bed. She was surprised she managed to get to sleep at all, what with her heart thumping loudly in her chest as she waited for a visit from a certain farm boy. But he never showed. Lois remembered falling asleep with a frown on her face.

She stood up in her wrinkled clothes. Refusing to borrow yet another flannel shirt, she had chosen to stay in her own clothes. She needed a shower. And some coffee. Lois pulled her dark curly hair into a ponytail. It felt like old times. Lois sleeping in Clark’s room. The ponytail wearing. Clark annoyed with Lois. She sighed. “So much for declaring my love fixing everything.”

Lois put her hand on the doorknob when she heard a loud crash and shouting downstairs. Her instincts told her not to go down. Instead, she leaned her ear against the door and listened.

“Get up! Hands in the air!”

Jonathan and Clark exchanged glances before complying. One of the men dressed in black grabbed Martha, who had been standing by the sink and shoved her towards Jonathan. The Kents watched as more and more men in black filed into their home. They scattered throughout the house.

Clark looked up to the ceiling. Lois. “Look, there’s no need for the guns, alright. We’re not going to cause any trouble.” He said it loud enough for Lois to hear. She sprinted towards the window. She flung the window open and cautiously looked out. There were swarms of men running across the Kent farm. Lois’ only chance was to go up. “I hope I’m not too out of practice for this.” She hoisted herself on the window sill. She took a hold of the gutter and began to climb. There was no point in looking back to see if anyone spotted her. A bullet through the back of her skull would be the answer to that. Lois reached the roof and pulled herself up. Looking around from her hiding place behind the chimney. “Now what the hell am I going to do?”

Clark brushed passed his father. “She made it to the roof.”

Jonathan eyed Clark. “Let’s just hope she stays there.”

The Kents were led to the living room. The three were lined up on the couch. Half a dozen guns aimed at them.

“What do you want from us?”

“Has anyone ever told you that patience is a virtue, Clark?” Lionel Luthor made his presence known.

Martha gasped. “Lionel.”

He settled himself across from the Kents. “It warms my heart to know you remember me, Martha. I so cherished our time together.”

“We thought you were in the hospital.”

“I was, until last week. It seems Lex has become sloppy in his old age. He no longer thought I needed such close watch. He will pay for that mistake. However, I have unfinished business here.”

Jonathan frowned. “There’s nothing here for you, Lionel.”

“I beg to differ. There’s the small issue of the stones.” He turned his attention to Clark. “I know you have all three of them. Give them to me.”

Clark stared Lionel down. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Lionel’s lip twitched. “I’m not in the mood for games. I’ll have these men tear apart this farm.”

“You won’t find what you’re looking for.”

“No, but I will find the key you stole from me.”

His face showed no emotion, but Clark’s stomach dropped. How did Lionel know the key was on the farm?

Lionel smiled. “I had the cave inspected. The key was no longer embedded in the cave wall. I know you have it. Make no mistake, I will get that key.” Lionel leaned close to Clark. “Which one of your parents do you want to save?”

Two men approached Martha and Jonathan and dragged them up from the couch. Martha was placed by the window and Jonathan at the entrance to the kitchen. Lionel stood up. “You have five minutes to decide, Clark. Then, one of them dies.”

“You can’t do this.”

Lionel looked around. “Apparently, I can.”

“I always knew you were a son of a *****, but I never thought you would stoop this low.” Jonathan Kent announced.

“Sticks and stones, Jonathan. I will get what I want.”

Jonathan stepped towards Lionel. Gun or no gun, he was going to knock Lionel’s head off. A movement behind Martha stopped him. Jonathan could not believe his eyes. A pair of khaki-clad legs and bare feet, with pink painted toenails, were dangling from the window. The rest of Lois soon followed. She skillfully and silently crouched near the open window.

Lionel moved towards the kitchen. “You now have four minutes to decide the fate of one of your parents, Clark. Or, give me the key.”

The guards kept their guns trained at Martha and Jonathan. But they were allowed to move around the room. Jonathan and Clark joined Martha at the window. Martha began talking hysterically. “Clark, you cannot give Lionel the key. Who knows what he’ll do with it.”

“Mom. I am not going to sacrifice you or dad. Nothing is more important than you.”

“Clark, is there any way you can get to red toolbox in the barn without being seen so Lionel’s men won’t find it?”

“I won’t take the chance, dad.”

Jonathan put his hand on Clark’s shoulder. He saw Lois take off to the barn. “You won’t have to, son.”

“What do you mean, dad?”

“I’m sorry, but I had to do it.”

A split second before the gun fire started, Clark saw the truth in his father’s eyes. Her name fell from his lips. “Lois.”

There was shouting amongst the gun fire. Clark ran towards the porch, with Jonathan and Martha close behind. There were men running every which way. Lionel was shouting orders. “Stop her now.”

Clark was about to use his x-ray vision to look for Lois, when she made her startling appearance. She leapt out of the loft window and free fell fifteen feet. She landed in a roll and was on her feet before anyone could blink. She took in her surroundings and was running in what looked to be the path of least resistance. Two men bent down and took aim at Lois’ back. Clark used his heat vision to burn one man’s gun. Jonathan took the chance and slammed his body into the other one. He was rewarded with a slam in the head with the back of a gun. Martha crouched down next to her husband.

Clark watched Lois run for the forest. He wanted more than anything to go after her, but the guns trained on his parents kept him rooted in his spot. He watched as one man surprised Lois from the right. He tackled her to the ground. She slammed her elbow into the middle of his chest and pushed away. She flipped up and was ready for his second attack. She used a roundhouse kick to send the gun flying out of the man’s hands. A neat open palm shot broke the man’s nose and knocked him off balance. Lois finished him off by shoving him to the ground.

Clark could see her smirk. He could even read her thoughts. “Yeah, you still have it, Lois. Now book it.”

Lois looked up. Their eyes met. She winked before her ponytail flicked and she disappeared into the trees.

Lionel grabbed a hold of Clark. “I’m going to send my best men after her. There won’t be anything left of Ms. Lane when they get done with her.”

“If anything happens to her, I will kill you.”

Recognition registered in the sadist’s eyes. “You’ve chosen well for yourself, Clark. She is truly an impressive woman. But she will not see tomorrow, that I promise you.”

He walked back into the farmhouse.

Comment

gasp!!!!!!!!!!! nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( i hope lois is okay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ppms, and thnx for posting so soon.

p.s, did clark read the article? i catn wait for reaction!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

WOW!!! OMG, what a GREAT update!!!!!! I can't wait to see what happens next!!!!!

PPMASAP!!!!!

Comment

whole crap that was great. Clark should just go into super-speed mode and mess up all of those guys then go after Lois.
                          PPMS!

Comment

YOU. POST MORE. NOW.

pretttttty plllleeeeeeeease?

Comment

Chapter Twenty – Jor-El

She had been hunted before. But it was always with blanks. The General had made sure that Lois could handle herself in any situation. But this time, there were real bullets in the guns. And those could do some serious damage.

Lois stepped on yet another sharp rock. “Damn, why did I have to wear high heels to the party last night?” Being barefoot was slowing her down, but she had no choice. She kept running in the stream so she wouldn’t leave any tracks for Lionel’s men to find.

She moved up a hill and rested behind a large tree. “Only for a minute.” Lois reached into her back pocket and pulled out the octagon-shaped stone. “What’s so special about this piece of metal?” She studied the strange symbols. Lois only had to know that Jonathan had entrusted her with a Kent family secret and that meant she would protect it with her life. Literally.

A twig snapped close behind her. Lois silently slipped the metal back in her pocket before taking a defensive stance. Something hard hit her in the back of the head. The world went black before Lois fell to the ground.

Martha sat next to Jonathan. She held an ice pack to his head. Clark sat in silence away from them. Jonathan grimaced as he turned to look at his son. “Clark, I had no choice.”

“There’s always a choice. You chose to put Lois in danger.”

“She was the only one who could get to the key.”

Clark shouted. “Do you think I give a damn about the key? You may have killed Lois, dad. Lois!”

“And I would have made the same choice if I had to do it again.”

“How can you say that to me? The woman I love is out there being hunted. They’re going to kill her if they find her.”

Jonathan swallowed hard. “That’s where you and I disagree.” He stared straight into his son’s eyes. “Lois won’t get caught.”

Clark practically cried out. “She’s not super woman. She will die if they shoot her.”

“Do you think I would trust Lois with something this dangerous if I didn’t know she was going to survive? I love her too, Clark.”

“You don’t love her like I do. There’s no way you would ever send mom out there.”

Jonathan looked at Martha. “He’s right, Jonathan. You should have told Clark that Lois came off the roof. It was his decision to make. His secret. The woman he loves.”

“It was Lois’ choice to make. She wants to protect you as much as I do.”

Clark turned away from his father. “I can’t even look at your right now.”

Lionel’s radio picked up a transmission. “Mr. Luthor, I have the girl.”

Clark’s heart leapt into his throat. “No.”

Lionel smoothed down his coat. “Is she still alive?”

“I don’t know. I hit her pretty hard.” The radio static went high and the voice disappeared.

“She’s breathing.”

Lois cracked an eye open. As far as she could tell, there was only one of them. She shut her eye when the man bent over her to feel for a pulse. Bastard, she thought.

“What do you want me to do with her, sir?”

“Get the key first.” Lionel’s gaze met Clark’s. “Then put a bullet in her head.”

Playing dead was difficult when someone had just ordered your assassination. But Lois lay as still as…well, a corpse.

“Yes sir.” The man thought he turned off the radio, but he miscalculated. Leaning the gun against a tree, he reached for his belt buckle. “But not before I have a little fun with you, beautiful.”

Clark closed his eyes. His jaw was set. He was on the verge of super speeding past Lionel.

“I said to put a bullet in her head, you insipid beast. Do what you want with her when she’s dead.”

Martha slapped Lionel. “You’re disgusting.”

He only smiled.

All of their attention was turned to the radio as commotion ensued. Lois had kicked the man in the knee cap, shattering it. He fell to the floor but latched onto her before she could get away.

“You stupid *****, I’m going to kill you for that!”

“Like you were going to let me live otherwise, ass wipe.”

Clark lunged for the radio. “Lois!”

The momentary distraction cost Lois a heavy slap across the face. She fell face first to the floor. He grabbed a hold of her ponytail and jerked her head back. She screamed out. Hands wildly flailing to get a hold of him, any hold.

Lois’ only chance was they were standing too far for him to reach the gun. He slowly began to drag her that way. She thrust her head back and crushed his face with the back of her skull. He let her go momentarily and she lunged forward. He was back on top of her, this time pinning her arms above her head. Lois squirmed under him, trying to kick him.

“Get off me!”

Clark screamed. “Get off her!” He desperately looked at his mom. “Mom, I have to go.”

Martha nodded. Lois, as if reading his thoughts, screamed. “Don’t you dare leave your parents, Smallville.”

The man took a hold of Lois’ neck and began to choke her. Tears sprang into her eyes. She reached up and sank her thumbs into his eyes. He screamed in agony. Lois pushed him over her head and sprang up. She reached for the gun. He tackled her and they both fell down a small hill.

The gun fired.

“Lois!” Clark shouted.

The gun was no where to be seen. It had fallen into the stream. The man came at Lois again, but she side stepped him. She took off up the hill, knowing he couldn’t move so well on the busted knee. But he was running on adrenaline and caught up to her at the top. He grabbed her shoulder and turned her around. His fist sent Lois flying back. She was bleeding but didn’t know from where. When he came at her she kicked him straight in the groin. As he fell to his knees, she kicked him in the face. The loud snap of his neck meant one thing.

The radio went silent. Clark’s head dropped. Martha grabbed Jonathan’s hand.

The radio then picked up on heavy panting. Lois brought the radio to her lips. “Is that the best you could do, Lionel?”

Clark looked up. Martha smiled. Jonathan’s heart began to beat again.

Lionel picked up the radio. “Impressive, Ms. Lane. But I have a hundred more men out there looking for you.”

Lois smirked. “Oh, I’m sure I’ll have some fun with them too. But make no mistake, I will get back to the Kent farm.” Her tone changed. “And when I do, I’m coming for you.”

“Bring me the key, Ms. Lane, or the Kents die.”

Lois knew the threat was coming. She also knew the Kents had risked their safety to keep the key from Lionel. She gripped the radio tighter. “Mr. Luthor.”

“Yes?”

“Kiss. My. Ass.”

The radio went dead. Clark grinned. He remembered a long time ago when Chloe had spoken those same words. They were cousins in more ways than one.

Lois knew she had to move. The radio probably had a honing chip. She ran through some trees and up some more hills. Coming to a clearing, she decided to by-pass it. Turning away, she felt the ground give under her before she crashed through.

Lois lay on her back. “Oh crap.” That would sum up the day. She weakly tested her limbs. They were all functioning. Slowly sitting up, she took in her surroundings. Some cave. She coughed from all the dust.

She pulled herself up and fell promptly back down. “Great. Like every other heroine in a horror movie, a twisted ankle.” She forced herself up on one leg. “Now how the hell do I get out of here?”

“Lois Lane.”

She looked around. “Who’s there?” Lois crouched down into a dark corner. She waited silently for several minutes. She couldn’t see anyone in the cave.

Slowly standing back up, she walked along a wall towards what looked to be an exit.

“You must leave the key.”

She spun around. “Show yourself.”

“I cannot.”

“What kind of cryptic answer is that? Why can’t you show yourself?”

“I no longer exist.”

“Then who am I talking to?”

“A program.”

“A what now?”

“Who are…were you?”

“Jor-El.”

“Where is your voice coming from?”

“The cave walls.”

Lois muttered under her breath. “I must’ve hit the ground harder than I thought. A wall is talking to me.”

“Yeah, you already said that. How do I know I can trust you?”

“Jonathan Kent sent you.”

Lois raised an eyebrow. She couldn’t believe she was going to trust…a wall. Sighing. “Where do you want me to leave the key?”

One of the walls lit up on a spot. There was a crevice in the shape of the key. Lois reached into her back pocket and pulled out the metal piece. Slowly, she limped towards the wall and carefully placed the metal into the wall. It fit perfectly. A bright glow lit up her face. Her fingers lingered on the metal but as she pulled away, a light shot at her.

The light hit her with such force it propelled her back ten feet. It didn’t hurt but it was strong. Then, Lois was lifted off her feet and into the air. The light was warm and healing. She felt the strength return to her body. The light aimed at her abdomen. Without warning, the light was gone and Lois fell in a heap. Lifting her head. “A softer landing would’ve been nice.”

She found her ankle no longer hurt. She stood up and dusted off her clothes. Nothing hurt. “Hey, thanks, Jor-El. I feel great.”

She turned to leave. “Your destiny is to love Kal-El.”

Looking over her shoulder. “You wanna run that by me again?”

“Lois Lane, you will give Kal-El strength.”

“Kal-El?”

“My son.”

“I thought you were dead?”

“I sent him to Earth.”

“You sent him to Earth?” She shook her head in disbelief. “I get it; your planet was going to blow up so you just popped your kid into a space ship and sent him along to Earth right? And now it’s my destiny to darn an alien’s socks and wash his underwear? Gotcha.”

“You will be strong enough to bare his children.”

“Alright, cut it out with the crazy talk.”

“Kal-El has chosen you. You must protect Kal-El.”

“This is insane.” She started back out the cave.

“Wait. You must give this to Kal-El.”

“I don’t even know who Kal-El is! How am I supposed to give him something?”

“Give it to those you trust.”

“Give them what?”

A light flashed again and before Lois’ feet lay a crystal. It was the length of a pen. She picked it up. “Great. Something new for Lionel to salivate over.”

She sighed as she put it in her pocket.

“Your destiny…”

“Yeah, yeah.” Lois rolled her eyes. “My destiny is to love Kal-El. Got it.”

Somehow Lois made it back to the Kent Farm without being seen by any of Lionel’s men. She suspected her new friend Jor-El had something to do with that. As she reached the Kent farm, a wave of exhaustion coursed through her body. She had enough brain power to pull the crystal from her pocket and put it in a safer place.

Lois took a deep breath and walked across the Kent property. She had enough strength to drag herself up the Kent porch. She collapsed through the screen door, startling everyone in the living room. Clark raced to her, catching Lois in his arms. She looked into his eyes. “Kal-El.” Then she fainted.

Comment

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

Can't wait for an update, incase you didn't notice. lol!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎