X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

update please

Comment

great reveal scene! PPMASAP!!

Comment

That was super great!! I hope that everything works out for them!! PPMS!!

Comment

awesome update! please PPMS!

Comment

holy crap that is such a good story!!! ive been hope'n that someone would write one like this!!!! lana is so understanding

Comment

Wow! Thanks for all the response, I really appreciate it!
              -----------------------------------

Time travel, it didn’t seem possible, but little about the last several hours seemed possible. She knew better than most that there were things in life that just couldn’t be explained. Lana laid on the bed in her semi-dark hotel room staring at the ceiling her mind jumping from one subject to the next.

Clark had proposed to her. Did he get down on one knee? Had he professed an undying love for her? He had skipped the details. Judging from the emotion that had filled his voice it was hard for him to relive that moment. Did he feel the same devastating sense of loss that now filled her soul?

And despite Clark’s reassuring words she couldn’t help but feel guilty. Jonathan Kent had been a good man. She didn’t feel worthy of such a great sacrifice. She wasn’t a bad person, but she didn’t go out of her way to help others. That was going to change, she felt the need to earn the second chance she’d been given.

As the hours slowly ticked by her wandering thoughts kept her from falling asleep. Mercifully morning finally arrived and she went to take a long shower hoping it would help wake her up. Clark would be coming before long to pick her up for brunch and she wanted to have a clear head.

Clark couldn’t remember the last time he had been this nervous. He stood in a flower shop going over his choices once again. He kept coming back to the white roses. They were so delicate and beautiful, they reminded him of how Lana had looked last night. But roses suggested something he wasn’t sure she wanted from him… Love.

Checking his watch he saw that he needed to hurry and decide if he was going to make it to the hotel on time. Throwing caution to the wind he started to reach for a white rose, he couldn’t let Lana leave without her knowing how he felt. Just before his fingers found the flower he had singled out the wail of a distant siren reached his ears.

His heart froze. Not now, he thought as his out stretched hand dropped to his side. Taking one last fleeting glance at the rose he left the shop. This wouldn’t take too long, he assured himself.

Getting off the elevator Lana scanned the lobby and didn’t see Clark anywhere. Noting that she was a couple of minutes early she walked across the room to a cozy looking chair. She sat down and stared at the front doors.

Realizing that watching the entrance would only make time go by slower she studied her surroundings. Seeing a copy of The Daily Planet setting on the end table next to her chair she picked it up. She started reading Lois’ latest article on Superman. Although she found the subject more fascinating than ever she was having trouble concentrating on it knowing Clark would be there soon.

“Superman!” exclaimed an anxious police officer. “Thank goodness you’re here!”

“What’s the situation officer?” he asked even though he had a good idea of what was going on.

“It’s a botched bank robbery sir. There are hostages, we aren’t sure how many. The negotiator has one of the robbers on the phone.”

Superman examined the building. “Three armed men. A dozen hostages, one of which is a child.” he reports. “May I borrow your handcuffs? And yours?” he asks the two nearest cops. “Thank you” he said as they handed them over and then disappeared from their view.

Entering the bank at his top speed he went directly to the two thugs who stood guard over the hostages. He grabbed their guns and tossed them across the room. Handcuffing each of them he shoved the bigger one at the other. He then turned his attention to the ring leader, disarming him and lifting him in the air by his coat collar.

Confusion filled the room as the two handcuffed men fell to the ground. The shocked gasps quickly turned into a chorus of thank yous as the hostages saw that they had been rescued. He reached up and took the telephone receiver out of the hand of the dismayed thief. Putting it to his ear he said, “Everything is under control you can send in the swat team.”

Comment

that was a great update...ppms!!

Comment

Awsome Update! PPMS!

Comment

great post.
                    ppms

Comment

Hooray for Superman!!! Great post!! PPMS!!

Comment

Superman saves the day! But will Lana realize why he didn't show up on time? Will she wait long enough? Will he get her the rose after all? PPMS!!

Comment

PPMASAP

Comment

Sorry this is so short, I’ll try to have more soon.
                            --------------------------------------

Lana’s eyes were focused on the newspaper she was holding, but they weren’t seeing the words printed on the page. She’d been sitting there for what seemed like an eternity, but in reality it had only been fifteen minutes. Knowing that promptness had never been one of Clark’s virtues she tried to ignore the doubt that gnawed at her stomach.

Clark saw her as he entered the building. She was engrossed in the paper she was reading and didn’t notice him approaching. He could have stood there and watched her all day. ‘Oh Lana, do you have any idea what you do to me’ he asked himself. She looked up, and for a second he wondered if he had spoken out loud. He smiled apologetically as he closed the gap between them.

“I’m sorry I kept you waiting.” he said offering her the long stem white rose he carried in his hand. Seeing her reaction he was glad he’d gone back for it.

“Thank you.” She took it from him carefully, as if it would shatter into pieces if held the wrong way. “I was afraid you’d changed your mind.”

“Given my record with you I can understand why you’d think that. I couldn’t help being late, but I wasn’t about to stand you up.” He couldn’t believe he’d ever been fool enough to let her slip away from him.

“So what’s the plan Clark?” She asked as she got out of the chair and put the newspaper back where she found it.

“Well, I thought we could pick up some coffee and sweet rolls and go over to Centennial Park to eat… If that sounds alright to you.”

“That sounds great to me.” she said taking his hand.

He looked at her surprised by her touch. She smiled up at him, and instantly he smiled back as his spirits soared. Maybe fate really was giving him a second chance at happily ever after.

Comment

Sweet update. I'm glad she wasn't angry, and that he went back for the rose. And now they're holding hands, and off on a date. Wonderful. PPMS!

Comment

yeah im glad she wasn't angry eithter but i wonder if she was....but..great update.....ppms!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎