Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lex Luthor: Caring for Chloe or Sneaky Ulterior Motives?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that Lex truly wants to help Chloe. But I believe the motive behind that is that he wants to look good in Lana's eyes.

Comment

I have not doubt that Lex was only going to help Chloe just to find out what she knew about Clark. There is no other reason why he wanted to help Chloe. Of course there is the reason to help Lana but that in itself is a fake reason because its all about getting close to her to find out about Clark or to indirectly hurt him if he can.

Lana is so stupid it beggers belief. I mean does she know that Lex setup Clark in the episode Mortal and also put her in danger ? - the whole Lexana thing just sucks.

Comment

These were times (end of season 3) when Lex had Chloe's well-being in mind, but IMO Tomb was not one of those times. I think we are starting to see the real Lex. Any trace of the good guy he could have been seems to have disappeared. I am way beyond giving Lex the benefit of the doubt.

As for Lana, sometimes I wonder if she's just a gluten for punishment. Every guy she hooks up with is either evil or hiding something. You gotta wonder!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyolsenblues
          Hey I tried to post before but it did not take.
          I wanted to say, when it comes to Lex I do not get the warm fuzzies about his concern for Chloe.
          1) The only reason he is interested in Lana is because he cannot have Lana.
          2) The only reason he is interested in Clark is because he does not understand nor can control Clark.
          3) The only reason he deals with Chloe is that it can help him with point 1 and 2.

Thanks
          VERY INTERESTING!!

Comment

i wish they would just make lex's motives a little clearer. i know he is supposed to be walking further down the path of darkness but not yet be evil, but sometimes it just doesn't seem like it. or maybe i just love him so much i don't want to see it but really though, i don't want it to be completely black and white now, i know it is a process, but maybe just a bit more clear. like with chloe in tomb, and then in fanatic when he tells the girl (i can't remember her name) that he would never want anything to happen to the kents, and then in reckoning when he comes to jonathan's funeral (and btw, didn't lionel have less of a place to be there than anyone in the world... crush on martha or not, it wasn't "evil/mean" it was just in bad taste). with fanatic, did he just say that so he would remain clean no matter what the girl ended up doing, or did he mean it? was he going to the funeral just to observe clark and everyone or was he paying his respects? does he care if chloe is ok or does he just want to get in lana's pants? i still lean more toward sympathy for lex every time clark yells at him or says something bad about him b/c i believe at this point, their friendship could be saved and lex still wants that. i think if they made lex's motivations just a tad more clear it would help. i'm starting to feel a little clana type dragging out in this relationship too.

Comment

ok, time for a little refresher on how much lex cares about chloe........

S4E22 "Commencement"

Act 5 Scene 4

Chloe enters Lex's study. Day.

Chloe: Lana? Lana?

She goes farther into the study and sees Clark unconscious on the floor, bathed in the green glow of the kryptonite.

Chloe: Oh my God, Clark. [She kneels next to him.] Clark.

She notices the black stone in his hand, then the glowing green kryptonite in the vault. Chloe grabs Clark by the arm and drags him away from the door of the vault. The green kryptonite stops glowing.

Lex enters the study, seeing the bookshelf lying on the floor. He doesn't see Chloe and Clark. Then Chloe walks over to Lex and we hear a whoosh in the background as Clark super speeds away.

Chloe: Lex, um, I was looking for Lana.

Lex: She's already left. What happened?

Lex walks toward the vault.

Chloe: I don't know. I just walked in.

Lex sees that the stone is gone from the vault shelf.

Lex: You know more than you're telling me, Chloe. Who did this?

Chloe: Lex, honestly, I just came to find Lana.

Lex slams his palm against the door frame, becoming angry.

Lex: Your curiosity seems to always have a way of landing you in precarious positions. [He turns to Chloe and grabs her arms roughly.] Only this time you are on a very narrow ledge with only one way back! Now, who took the element?

Chloe: Lex, I swear it, I don't know what you're talking about. [Lex pushes her away, frustrated.] But I think we need to get out of Smallville before the meteor shower hits.

Lex: We'll find that stone, Chloe, even if that means dodging a few meteors in the process. You're coming with me.

He grabs her arm and leads her out of the study.

Chloe: I don't--

Lex: Let's go!

Chloe: Lex, I don't know what you're talking about.

He pushes her out the door.

.....and for the reason why he wants to have chloe committed.............

same episode

Act 6 Scene 1

Chloe and Lex enter the Kawatche cave.

Chloe: Why do I get the feeling we're not in this cave for cover?

Lex: You know as well as I do. It's the epicenter.

Chloe: Of what?

Lex: Come on, Chloe! You're the town purveyor of all things unexplained! You know damn well about this cave and the stones.

Chloe: Lex, what's wrong with you?

Lex: If you didn't break into my library, you know who did. Who are you trying to protect?

Chloe: No one.

Lex: Is it Clark?

Chloe: Clark? Of course not. What does Clark have to do with any of this?

Lex: You tell me. You've known Clark a lot longer than I have. In fact, you might know him better than anyone.

This should make Lex's motives quite clear. Emphasis on "should".
              Last edited by BoSoxJim; 02-12-2006, 11:24 PM.

Comment

ok, time for a little refresher on how much lex cares about chloe........
                i don't think that necessarily shows that he would purposefully harm her. i still don't think at this point in time lex would destroy someone that he knows well; he still has a bit of a conscience. he and chloe have never been best friends, but they often seemed to get along. he even seems at times to have liked and respected her and has helped her a couple of times. no, she is no clark or lana in his eyes, but i don't think it is clear that he could hurt her. in commencement and arrival, he is in a desperate place. and sometimes when people feel desperate they say and do things that they otherwise might not. look at the way he treated lana in the helicopter scene. his intentions with her may or may not have been in the right place, but either way, he sounded like a selfish jack a** (which is why lana says it was never about saving her, it was about the stone). i have not seen every episode of smallville, so i could be wrong on somethings, but i have seen a majority of them and i guess i still feel like it is not clear enough right now. i just don't feel like lex is the bad guy. he has done some questionable things, but nothing i would say was purely evil. personally i still blame clark for their friendship ending, not lex one bit. or maybe my "morals" are just a little skewed b/c i lend a lot of weight to intentions and i don't think that so far lex has ever intended to hurt anyone (at least any of the main characters).

Comment

Originally posted by donellacandra
                  i don't think that necessarily shows that he would purposefully harm her. i still don't think at this point in time lex would destroy someone that he knows well; he still has a bit of a conscience. he and chloe have never been best friends, but they often seemed to get along. he even seems at times to have liked and respected her and has helped her a couple of times. no, she is no clark or lana in his eyes, but i don't think it is clear that he could hurt her. in commencement and arrival, he is in a desperate place. and sometimes when people feel desperate they say and do things that they otherwise might not. look at the way he treated lana in the helicopter scene. his intentions with her may or may not have been in the right place, but either way, he sounded like a selfish jack a** (which is why lana says it was never about saving her, it was about the stone). i have not seen every episode of smallville, so i could be wrong on somethings, but i have seen a majority of them and i guess i still feel like it is not clear enough right now. i just don't feel like lex is the bad guy. he has done some questionable things, but nothing i would say was purely evil. personally i still blame clark for their friendship ending, not lex one bit. or maybe my "morals" are just a little skewed b/c i lend a lot of weight to intentions and i don't think that so far lex has ever intended to hurt anyone (at least any of the main characters).
                  he was willing to risk chloe's life to recover the stone. how does that not show he would purposefully harm her???

that and the threat????

and you believe clark is the bad person and lex is the good person?????

did clark make lex torture (nearly kill) aquaman?????

hey, what happened to helen?????

Comment

Besides the 4.22 Commencement don't forget 5.01 Arrival where Lex found Chloe in the

Yukon. Lex Already knows that Chloe knows something.

Yeah It would be weird for Lex to have a pic of JK, and sentimentality would be a sign of weakness.

Doesn't the "Viewer Discretion Advised" notice just make you want to watch? Talk about the Feb. 9 episode here!

Doesn't the "Viewer Discretion Advised" notice just make you want to watch? Talk about the Feb. 9 episode here!

Lex's Mind works with this notion:[list=1][*]Lana asked him; so it's Lexana points for him.[*]Finally, He can Interogate Chloe about Clark in the guise of 3.19 - "Memoria"[/list=1]Plus the CLex moment in the Hospital when Chloe is restrained.

you can see that Lex is happy and going to enjoy it "... I'll make sure she gets the BEST care possible."

I found it funny that you could see her feet. I wonder if they would show a close up, like what they did in 1.15 Nicodemus.
                    Last edited by RedQ; 08-25-2006, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎