Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chloe and Lois' Torture Scene

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Torture"? Attempt to force a victim to commit suicide by strong persuasion does not constitute torture...

"Graphic"? Fulci's "closeup on the razor" is graphic. The dull and boring cellar sequence in "Tomb" was, if anything, ludicrous, particularly courtesy of the "knife time"... (Now THAT is original - nobody can make an accusation of stealing the "bullet time" created by Woo et al., when there are no bullets in the scene!)

If the designers actually wanted to add any actual torture, they needed look no further than at some of the merry exploits of Gary Heidnik, since they already appear to have stolen some of his persona for the episode's "serial orderly" character. Of course, this is "Smallville", not a Roth flick... although, if Smallville's quality continues to deteriorate so quickly, it may soon find itself digging the hole in the bottom to answer Roth's knocking from beneath.
    Last edited by JerryKing; 02-13-2006, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I loved it. But I would have liked it to have been a bit longer. I loved how Lois threw the knife (that special effect kicked arse!) and then he kicked her onto the floor. I was hoping for a bit more intensity but it was still good.

Comment

I was thinking of the samething, but it becomes clear after the fact like not telling

the doctor about mom.
        Originally posted by Satch
        I was wondering why Lois didn't just cut herself loose with the knife and kit the guys behind. We know she can fight so why throw away the knife? I think she would have had enough time to get free and save Chloe!
        It's counter-intuitive yet it works out better when they did what they did.
        Doesn't the "Viewer Discretion Advised" notice just make you want to watch? Talk about the Feb. 9 episode here!

There was also a shot where the FotW was walking away and Chloe's crying wasn't in sync with her acting.
        GREAT Editing but Bad continuity.

YES the Killer is the TRUE FotW. Hell of a lot worse than any previous FotW.

Doesn't the "Viewer Discretion Advised" notice just make you want to watch? Talk about the Feb. 9 episode here!

Yes but still wanting to watch it even though it's predictable is a sign of GREAT writing.

Yeah, that was my problem also Chloe could have at least thrown the bracelet away. Unles they expect us to assume that it's understood and didn't need to show that shot to cut for time.
        Last edited by RedQ; 08-23-2006, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎