Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
    I personally hate the fact that he's such a homophobic bastard in real life, but that didn't stop me from enjoying his portrayal of the character.
    Huh.

Comment

He made some unsavory comments back in the 90's in a magazine that came off as super homophobic. People are allowed to change their minds over time, but it seems like he still believes in some of the negative stereotypes about gays as an "conservative" guy. Bisexual people in particular.

People can support gay marriage and still have some problematic ideas about LGBT people. Just saying. Hell, even Gay people themselves can have problematic ideas about Bisexual and transgender people.... that right there should tell you something.

At any rate... I would rather focus on the idea of a new Lois and Clark story-line than to discuss the actor's personal views.
      Last edited by Aurora Moon; 06-24-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Just rewatched "AKA Superman": A girl (Kristanna Loken) obsessed with Superman becomes convinced that Superman's secret identity is... Jimmy Olsen. Meanwhile, her boss (Dwight Schultz) is planing to get an orbital weapons platform up and running... you know, for world peace.

Thought it was pretty good. Liked seeing Clark and Lois trying to juggle married life (especially, when their marriage involves a "third person", with his own commitments). Was surprised to see Schultz in the episode (been ages since I've gotten around to rewatch a lot of L&C episodes). However, looking back at the show, it did have a lot of interesting guest stars. The kind you just don't get to play one-off villains/characters on the newer DC shows.

Comment

Rewatched a few more episodes. Saw the opening of "Pheromone, My Lovey" and I couldn't believe it. They made a point about recycling... but they weren't over the top preaching. Just a fun little sequence about Clark's morning, ending with him throwing an empty plastic container in the recycling bin and telling a kid that "it's not just garbage anymore". Who knew you could get a point across, without being heavy handed about it and essentially (if not outright) calling people who don't do/believe in something stupid?
          Last edited by jon-el87; 10-20-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎