LOIS AND CLARK General Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ya know, i'm only 15 the show ended about 13 yrs ago and its still amazing! there are so few shows that have kept my attention but lois and clark are one of them! io cant figure out why it ended in its 4th season!

Comment

Because it got wacky! lol. The quality was going down the drain and the ratings were poor. To be honest, I'm glad it was canceled. I love Dean but he said he would of loved it Lois and Clark had a child. OK Dean, slow down

Originally posted by red_sun1938
      What I loved about the show was that Clark was depicted as a respected journalist and not a bumbling idiot who walks into doors or says, "swell" or "golly". The romantic comedy got old for me but it was still watchable.
      Same for me, absolutely.

Dean Cain plays Clark Kent the person, the farmboy who grows up raised by the Kents. This is post-crisis Superman: "Clark is who I am, Superman is what I can do" is probably the line that sums up Clark Kent in Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. George Reeves in its predecessor The Adventures of Superman was also similar to this (note, he did not play an over the top bumbling Clark). However he was not able to convey the subtle appeal of the Smallville side of Clark Kent that Dean Cain (and hell, Tom Welling) accomplished.

Things I liked about DC's Clark Kent

1. He doesn't look like all the other actors who have played Superman. He was what is politically incorrect 'ethnic' looking. I don't want to say exotic looking because that sounds corny, lol.

Dean Cain can pass for many things it seems, and I've heard it all. Chinese, Filipino, Latino, Mexican, Italian, Hapa, Puerto Rican, Hawaiian*, Cuban and every non Anglo Saxon ethnicity under the sun. He is actually Welsh, Irish, French and Japanese. He has a skin complexion that is darker, he doesn't have blue eyes but brown which are slightly slanted. Like Kristen Kruek as Lana Lang, Dean is Eurasian. Although maybe not as obvious.

The reason why I appreciate this is because Superman is an alien from another planet. I think the stark contrast between Cain's Clark amongst Martha and Johnathan Kent show a much more distinguished showcase that he is indeed, adopted. All the others look like their biological children.

*He actually did play a Hawaiian character named Kiolani on Life Goes On. He also got to play Japanese characters as well.

2. He didn't have to be over the top to show the difference between Clark and Superman. Like I said earlier, he achieved the smallville aspect of Clark subtly. In one episode where he takes Lois to Smallville, he spoke about all the great things she'll be able to see:

Clark: Popcorn, creamed corn, corn on the cob. We are in luck!
      Lois: Oh be still my heart!
      Originally posted by Mello Penelo
      Lois & Clark. The greatest Superman story to date. It was the most like the comics of anything Superman-related outside of the comics.
      Post-crisis, yes.

Originally posted by charmaine_joyce
      Agree!! Im thinking the same thing. well, also this can boost Dean's career.. Maybe it is better is Teri is willing to do Lois lane's role once again.
      I just want to see Teri on Smallville. Alas, she's too busy with Desperate Housewives (its on its 5th season).
      Last edited by bychance; 12-07-2008, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by knightofkrypton
        Ah...I have to say, I generally love your posts but when you (or others) agree on CK from L&C being the BEST Clark....I just love you even more...:-)
        i love ur posts too! i feel so alone out there in the world of k-site when i'm battling against ridiculous opinions of CK... it's so nice to know that there is at least one other person who believes, as i do, that LnC's Clark Kent is the best

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
          ......... that LnC's Clark Kent is the best
          Amen to that!

Comment

I'm 15, and I just started watching LnC. I'm on the 13th episode of the first season, and OMG, I immediately like fell in love. I love the way Dean Cain plays Clark... honestly, I like it more than TW plays him. Dean and Teri had amazing chemistry, and i know i'm not near the 4th season yet, but why does it have to end? I could go all my life watching it.. if only it lasted that long.

Comment

Originally posted by OneShotClois
              I'm 15, and I just started watching LnC. I'm on the 13th episode of the first season, and OMG, I immediately like fell in love. I love the way Dean Cain plays Clark... honestly, I like it more than TW plays him. Dean and Teri had amazing chemistry, and i know i'm not near the 4th season yet, but why does it have to end? I could go all my life watching it.. if only it lasted that long.
              I think you just gave me some hope for the teenagers of today....thank you for that.

To me, Season 1 is the best, btw......I like all the seasons, but nothing comes close to 1 in my book at least.

Enjoy the show, it'll make you laugh and cry......its great.

Comment

Same for me! And I'm really glad you liked it. L&C gets a bad rep from Superman purists (so does Smallville, come to think of it) so its nice to see people get to really watch the show

Comment

Originally posted by bychance
                  Same for me! And I'm really glad you liked it. L&C gets a bad rep from Superman purists (so does Smallville, come to think of it) so its nice to see people get to really watch the show
                  L&C shouldn't get a bad rep....I mean sure it had some corny parts...but as far as tone and keeping to the true characters of the comics...when it came to Clark, Lois, jimmy, and Perry....they did a d*mn good job.

I can understand why SV does though (sorry, I'm one of the haters).

Comment

I like the Lois & Clark Show with Dean Cain & Teri Hatcher. I have all 4 dvd's of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. That's my favorite Superman show, tied with Smallville. I like Dean Cain & Tom Welling the same; I don't favor one over the other as far as Superman goes. I'll watch them just to compare & see the difference between both shows, especially their super powers.

The only difference is that Dean Cain wears the Superman suit, and Tom Welling doesn't. And also it's a show about Clark Kent, the journalist, and Clark Kent Superman. Smallville doesn't have Perry White and Lois & Clark doesn't have Chloe Sullivan. Yet, I still love both shows the same. I love Dean Cain and Tom Welling as Clark Kent.
                    Last edited by tibbit78; 12-09-2008, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Because it got wacky!
                      Close. It got whacked by the black rodent with big ears.

Comment

I'm probably a little more of a fan of LOIS AND CLARK than I am of SMALLVILLE. The romantic comedy style of the 90s series really appealed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tibbit78
                          I like the Lois & Clark Show with Dean Cain & Teri Hatcher. I have all 4 dvd's of Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. That's my favorite Superman show, tied with Smallville. I like Dean Cain & Tom Welling the same; I don't favor one over the other as far as Superman goes. I'll watch them just to compare & see the difference between both shows, especially their super powers.

The only difference is that Dean Cain wears the Superman suit, and Tom Welling doesn't. And also it's a show about Clark Kent, the journalist, and Clark Kent Superman. Smallville doesn't have Perry White and Lois & Clark doesn't have Chloe Sullivan. Yet, I still love both shows the same. I love Dean Cain and Tom Welling as Clark Kent.
                          There is a difference between the characters of Clark Kent as portrayed in the L&C and SV. Not to mention there is lots of differences in the two shows. SV could never tie into L&C.

But if you love both shows, thats great. Especially if you love L&C.

Comment

There is a difference between the characters of Clark Kent as portrayed in the L&C and SV. Not to mention there is lots of differences in the two shows. SV could never tie into L&C.

But if you love both shows, thats great. Especially if you love L&C.

Yes, I do love both shows the same; I don't favor one over the other.

Comment

I think its hard to because they're so different. For example, SV has so many supporting characters. L&C let go of their great supporting cast (Cat, original Jimmy, Lex Luthor, etc) after the first season. By season 3 I felt it was kind of lonely, even if Jimmy was still there, I prefer the original.

L&C shouldn't get a bad rep....I mean sure it had some corny parts...but as far as tone and keeping to the true characters of the comics...when it came to Clark, Lois, jimmy, and Perry....they did a d*mn good job.

I can understand why SV does though (sorry, I'm one of the haters).
                              L&C has the best Perry White hands down bar none. They really shouldn't complain All the others really were the same. Plus, they always maintain that Teri Hatcher is the best Lois Lane even if they didn't like the show. (The very few that deny it are lying )

I think its mostly Dean Cain as Superman that they don't like (honestly I don't blame them, I don't care for him as Superman either, but I watch him for Clark, not Superman) and in general, the whole post-Crisis Superman format. That and his nationality. This is a GREAT review of season one, it mentions everything we discussed so far I'm a little taken back. http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=57888
                              Last edited by bychance; 12-09-2008, 11:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I think its hard to because they're so different. For example, SV has so many supporting characters. L&C let go of their great supporting cast (Cat, original Jimmy, Lex Luthor, etc) after the first season. By season 3 I felt it was kind of lonely, even if Jimmy was still there, I prefer the original.
                                I loved this show from the beginning to the end but I have to admit Jimmy's recast was a very bad thing in my opinion. I didn't mind about Cat leaving that much but I thought Lex could have lasted a little more before his downfall. He's a great villain and a season is too little to defeat him imo.

L&C has the best Perry White hands down bar none. They really shouldn't complain All the others really were the same. Plus, they always maintain that Teri Hatcher is the best Lois Lane even if they didn't like the show. (The very few that deny it are lying )

I think its mostly Dean Cain as Superman that they don't like (honestly I don't blame them, I don't care for him as Superman either, but I watch him for Clark, not Superman) and in general, the whole post-Crisis Superman format. That and his nationality. This is a GREAT review of season one, it mentions everything we discussed so far I'm a little taken back. http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=57888
                                I totally agree that TH and LS were the best Lois and Perry ever Lois was my favorite heroin "ever" back then. I was much younger thought
                                About Dean Cain, I have to admit that his Superman was a bit cheesy but his Clark Kent was really funny and smart. Plus, how could you resist his smile?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎