LOIS AND CLARK General Discussion Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I loved about the show was that Clark was depicted as a respected journalist and not a bumbling idiot who walks into doors or says, "swell" or "golly". The romantic comedy got old for me but it was still watchable.

Comment

Aww I loved the romance in Lois and clark I think That was what set it apart from the other Superman tv series Its my fave and Dean Cain played Clark really Well.

Comment

You know this may have been said other places not sure, but if they had to pick a third Superman to be used in some other way that BR or TW could not do for whatever reason, I would not be opposed to Dean Cain playing him once again I do not feel he is to old at all and could still play the part well. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by red_sun1938
          What I loved about the show was that Clark was depicted as a respected journalist and not a bumbling idiot who walks into doors or says, "swell" or "golly". .....
          I completely agree!!!! Thank you for that.

Originally posted by Larry5000
          You know this may have been said other places not sure, but if they had to pick a third Superman to be used in some other way that BR or TW could not do for whatever reason, I would not be opposed to Dean Cain playing him once again I do not feel he is to old at all and could still play the part well. Just my opinion.
          I don't think he's too old because Dean has a young face. I honestly don't think he's in the same shape he used to be though. Even in the last season you could tell he was gaining some weight in the tights....I don't think he's kept up the regime. He'd have to work out pretty hard.

And for WB to take the chance of

1. Bringing in a different incarnation of SUperman onto the big screen which could possibly cause ripples in the effectiveness and popularity of another Donneresque bastardization by Singer.

2. Promoting the star of a cancelled TV series to the big screen.

I just don't see it.

Personally, I don't think a JLA movie will work well at all. It will just become a Batman and Superman movie with a cadre of side-heros that the mass public knows little to nothing about.

Comment

Lois & Clark. The greatest Superman story to date. It was the most like the comics of anything Superman-related outside of the comics.

Comment

I have to agree.

When Superman is to leave Earth for ANY extended period of time he doesn't just say NOTHING.

"Emerson said, "Self-trust is the essence of heroism.' Inside each of you is a hero. And so, I leave knowing that a world full of heroes has nothing to fear." - L&C SUperman

THATS my Superman. THAT's an inspirational hero.

Comment

Good points made on Dean Cain as Superman again.

Comment

I really love this show!! The best show ever that can never as good as the other show..

I really love how Dean and Teri played their roles..

This is the show that I really admire and love the most...

Comment

Good points made on Dean Cain as Superman again.
                    Thanks,

Comment

Agree!! Im thinking the same thing. well, also this can boost Dean's career.. Maybe it is better is Teri is willing to do Lois lane's role once again.

Comment

I wouldn't want to see dean cain as superman again if they recast lois. It has to be dean & teri, or neither.

Comment

Originally posted by Pesk
                          I wouldn't want to see dean cain as superman again if they recast lois. It has to be dean & teri, or neither.
                          Completely agree!!!

Comment

I just started watching this show. I grew up on the movies and was resistent to watching LnC when it first aired. When I started watching Smallville, I stopped holding onto my old school notions and opened up to different interpretations. I admit that i love post-Crisis Superman/Clark much much better.

(Though, CR and MK will always be my nostalgic Clark and Lois.)

It's sad, though. I adore TW as Clark. I think he plays a young, emotional, confused man very very well. But when I see just how awesome Dean Cain was as Clark, it makes me sad that Smallville's Clark hasn't really jumped into journalism yet or used his brain. *sigh*

Anyway, I am in S3 right for LnC. I feel like S1 was the best. S2 was good. S3 is falling apart for me. I don't feel it's due to Lois knowing Clark's secret. I just don't like the angst. This show does better with humor, methinks.

I'm still very glad I am watching. I think I love it

Comment

im really please you like LnC after being a Smallville fan first

i always wondered if anyone would, as the show is dated now, and a little campy

i mean i grew up with it, so none of that matters to me, but i imagined other people wouldnt like it

DC's Clark is THE best Clark in my opinion... i'm just so in love with that man, i want my own CK for a boyf... in fact it makes me want to settle for nothing less

Comment

Originally posted by Hopefulsuicide
                                im really please you like LnC after being a Smallville fan first

i always wondered if anyone would, as the show is dated now, and a little campy

i mean i grew up with it, so none of that matters to me, but i imagined other people wouldnt like it

DC's Clark is THE best Clark in my opinion... i'm just so in love with that man, i want my own CK for a boyf... in fact it makes me want to settle for nothing less
                                Ah...I have to say, I generally love your posts but when you (or others) agree on CK from L&C being the BEST Clark....I just love you even more...:-)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎