Action Figures

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

think they'll have supes in the black suit form the movie? Im waiting for that.

Comment

do they have a lois lane action figure from superman returns

Comment

could somone answer me

Comment

Currently? There is no Lois Lane in the Mattel action figure line from the movie. (But Mattel did make a Barbie as Lois Lane, along with a Ken as Superman.)

Might they have one on the way? I don't know; it seems doubtful, we action figure collectors (who get lots of advance notice via toy news sites, conventions and such) would have heard about one by now. But then again, we didn't know there was going to be a Kal-El/Jor-El two-pack of figures until some of them started showing up in Australian Toys R Us stores, so it's not impossible for a Lois to show up unexpectedly as well.

Comment

ah cause i like the girl actio figures but to bad

Comment

I've heard that the Cyborg Superman has returned in some of the Green lantern comics recently. I don't supose anyone's heard if DC Direct has any plans to rerelease their Cyborg Superman figure in those colors for the Green lantern line or even just reissue it in their reactivated line.

With as much as the first one goes on ebay, you'd think it'd be a a nobrainer to release it again.

Comment

In my opinion, the best Superman figure ever made is from the Ed McGuinness Superman/Batman line from DC Direct.

Comment

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I don't mean to shoot yours down... but I really can't stand that line. They all look the same... just like the comic.

Comment

Attach an image of a couple of those characters from that line

Comment

I didn't like the superman batman line all that well until series 3. I just got the future superman, and he's awesome. I also just got nightwing, and I think he's the coolest nightwing I've ever seen. Not sure what my favorite line would be though. I'm still looking for the ultimate superman. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

I am partial to the Alex Ross JLA Superman figure, but if that isn't your definitive Superman, then that won't be your ultimate Superman.

For my money, though, outside of the Alex Ross figure, the best Superman figure was the DC Direct Superman from the 1st series Superman line. I believe they re-released the figure in a Justice League line with a different head, which was not as good (he looked angrier)... And then after demand, they re-released the figure with the original head as part of the re-activated line. I could be mixing up my figures there though. I believe the Superman Through the Ages line also has the same figure with a THIRD head.

Also... I agree with you that the Superman/Batman line got a lot better once it hit series 3.

Also... As long as we're talking Nightwing... The Hush Nightwing is phenomenal.

Comment

Really, I haven't seen the Hush Nightwing. I'll have to look it up. I have the reactivated superman, and that's about as close to my ultimate as I've gotten. Although, the future superman's look is perfect to me. It's just that with the black behind the s rather than yellow it doesn't pop as much on display as I'd like.

I love Alex Ross don't get me wrong. His wonder woman, supergirl, batgirl, and black canary are sweet. (I'm talking posters). I've never really been a big fan of his superman though. Not taking away from it cause it's sweet, just not my bag-o-beans. I haven't seen his JLA superman figure though. I'll look that up as well, thanks.

I'm just looking for something that's modern, yet captures the essence of superman. I'm creating my own Justice League display, and have almost everything I'm looking for except superman. I did find a four pack that has two really cool looking supermen, and two that I don't care much for. The one I really like reminds me of Chris Reeve, but doesn't fit with the rest of the characters in my league. My second fave in the pack can be displayed in a flying or hovering position. I dig that, but don't want to take them out of the original packaging. I think I may end up buying the pack again just for that superman. Unless I can find something better. I'm going to check out the Alex Ross you mentioned before I do anything. It may be what I'm looking for.

Comment

Which Wonder Woman and Batman figures are you using?

Comment

I have an Identity Crisis Batman, which I think is sweet. I'm not all that fond of the way the cape curls up in the back, but from the front view it makes it look like it's blowing up in the wind in just the right way.

My girlfriend is in charge of the girls side. We have them set up on top of our entertainment center somewhat in the V formation. The girls are on the left and the boys are on the right. We have them on either side of our front surround sound speaker, so it starts with wonder woman on one side, and superman on the other. I have the future superman up front replacing my reactivated sups for the time being. My girlfriend chose to use the JLA Classified Wonder Woman. It was her favorite at the time we started this particular display. She has since decided to go with the Infinite Crisis wonder woman, as soon as we can get it.

Whatever superman I use needs to fit with her new wonder woman I guess. We like the look of the JLA Classified line though. We have a few of them up there. Identity Crisis also.

I came back and edited this post because I went to dccomics.com and looked at the JLA superman you were talking about. I hadn't seen it before. You were right, it's Awesome. I'm definitely using it. Thanks man. I think the Infinite Crisis wonder woman and the JLA superman will look sweet together. We may have to change some of our other characters to fit, but It'll be worth it.
                              Last edited by Kal26; 03-05-2007, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Cool... once you get it set, you need to take a pic and post it. I'm curious to see how it comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎