No announcement yet.

Ep 1.5 - Bloody Mary

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ep 1.5 - Bloody Mary

A man dies of a stroke in front of a mirror but Sam and Dean believe something, or someone, else (Bloody Mary) may be behind his death. Dean tries to help Sam open up about his girlfriend's death, particularly after Sam let's it slip that there's some information that he hasn't told Dean.

My favorite line from this episode was when Dean looks into the camera which is on night vison or whatevre and say "do i look liek Paris Hilton"

i will never forget that i was so funny

Like all the other episodes i thought this one was good too!

Comment

Here's a question: which do you like better, Bloody Mary or The Ring?

Comment

I think they are both very good in their own rights. The first time I watched "The Ring" I was freaked out and loved it. Upon a second watching, it didn't seem quite as good. I think at the time "The Ring" felt novel.

In a lot of ways "Bloody Mary" had similarities to the Ring. The same idea of people being stupid enough to tempt fate by saying her name (in the Ring by watching the video) and the same creepy girl coming out to attack. But the similarities make sense because "The Ring" is also based on an urban legend.

I really liked this episode... even though a lot of people were disappointed. And I do like that there is a resolution in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
          The first time I watched "The Ring" I was freaked out and loved it. Upon a second watching, it didn't seem quite as good. I think at the time "The Ring" felt novel.
          I feel the same about The Ring. On the other hand, I like "Bloody Mary" more each time I see it.

This episode made me scream. Out loud. TV shows just don't do that to me, usually. But this one did. It also had me trying to push through the back of the sofa to get away from the TV.

Good times.

And, you know, I never realized how much stuff around the average home has a reflective surface until this episode. I mean, everywhere I looked, everywhere I went in my house, I saw a reflection. Which is disturbing when, on a TV show that just scared the heck out of you, looking into a reflection was what was killing poeple.

Comment

The Ring actually had a superior storyline and a longer viewing time to tell it's story, giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Though I did love their take on Bloody Mary and how it bends the logic of their reality.

Comment

Bloody MARY Bloody MARY Bloody MARY AHHHHHHHHH

LOL I thought it was a decent episode

Comment

I really didnt like this episode.. I didnt like the story.. Its been done some much. and its kinda played out..

Comment

The scariest episode! I was watching it in my parent's room and the door to the washroom was opened. So I went to close it since I could see my own reflection from the mirror. But I still got really freaked out. Didn't feel like looking at mirrors much for the next 2 weeks. I hate it when things seem like they are there when you look in the mirror, but when you look away from the reflection, there's nothing. Anyway, I really liked this episode in the sense that it finally explains why Sam kept on blaming himself for the death of Jessica. But it isn't his fault. After all, he didn't know about his abilities till later on in their adventure.

BM did remind me of the girl from The Ring. I only survived the first 20 minutes of the movie before I ran upstairs to my room and blasted on music to block out the noises coming from downstairs. Super freaky! Esepcially when she crawled out the mirror. I knew something was going to happen because in every episode, the Supernatural stuff doesn't go away that easily without a fight. But climbing out the mirror? I expected that a bit, but didn't actually think it was possible.

Comment

Does anyone know who played the blonde chick? She was really hot.

Comment

Originally posted by UpandAtom
                      Which blonde chick are you talking about?

Comment

Really Adrianne was the only blonde chick in that particular episode. The ghost of her character if memory serves correct.

Comment

Originally posted by LexLuthorMetropolis
                          Really Adrianne was the only blonde chick in that particular episode. The ghost of her character if memory serves correct.

Well you know me Lex ... I'm somewhat narrow minded when it comes to certain blonde's lol

Thought I better ask and make sure before I get on top my soapbox and start preachin' Adrianne!

Originally posted by UpandAtom

Look here ... and see if you can spot her :

Adrianne Palicki "The Blonde Chick"

Last edited by Jupiter-2; 02-27-2006, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Okay, can I ask a question about this ep? If I've got this right, and people who were carrying some sort of guilt have vengeful Mary after them, why did Dean bleed too?
                            Sam is carrying guilt over Jess, we know that, but Dean hasn't caused anyone's death except for bad guys, so what would make him a target for BM?

Or did I get the whole idea wrong?

Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by 2cuteboys
                              Okay, can I ask a question about this ep? If I've got this right, and people who were carrying some sort of guilt have vengeful Mary after them, why did Dean bleed too?
                              Sam is carrying guilt over Jess, we know that, but Dean hasn't caused anyone's death except for bad guys, so what would make him a target for BM?

Or did I get the whole idea wrong?

Ideas?
                              I don't know if this qualifies as a spoiler or not but [SPOILER]according to the producer, Eric Kripke, Dean's eyes did bleed in BM for a reason, and that reason will be revealed later. Which is great. When producers and writers think that far ahead, and set up continuity this way, it's pretty cool.[/SPOILER]

Also, I can't believe I'm in a position to use spoiler tags. But it was something someone let slipped during a non-spoilery conversation.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎