Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 4.21 - Forever

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just before Lionel shot Jason and he fell off the cliff Jason was going on about Clark being "more connected to this than anyone". What if Jason worked out that Clark was the traveller. That would explain why he went to the Kent house during the meteor shower and held the Kents at gunpoint.

Comment

Originally posted by wildenchantress_kt
      Just before Lionel shot Jason and he fell off the cliff Jason was going on about Clark being "more connected to this than anyone". What if Jason worked out that Clark was the traveller. That would explain why he went to the Kent house during the meteor shower and held the Kents at gunpoint.
      Hey, you know you do have a point there. The teagues were close so I'm sure Jason knew all about Veritas. I don't think he knew he was the traveler but I believe he had a big hunch that he was. Too many things involving the stones and the crop circles happened around Clark.

He had a hunch he was the traveler but I think he mostly wanted Clark because he thought Clark would know where all the stones are. He was probably thinking I can kill two birds with one stone!

Comment

A good episode but not actually one of my favourites. I guess it was all about letting go of one era and on to the next era of smallville. Again a strange episode with the whole struggling to let go high school thing. It was somewhat creepy and funny at same time watching people getting frozen and trapped in one place. The frozen bodies looked funny actually, creepy when their bodies are broken like glass.

Lionel and ofcourse Lex were great playing the hostage role. There was some good in Lex today since afterall he did end up being the one that was protecting Lana even though he's apparently had feelings for her for a very long time. Why did Lionel shoot Jason? I dont think he was trying to kill Lex as Lionel put it when he was in a weaker position on the edge of a cliff. Lex had that look of have I yet again missed out on some information about Clark's secret? What exactly does Jason know? Was Lionel trying to prevent Lex from knowing the truth to protect clark or for his own greedy purposes?

Lex is choosing to "ignore" some of the mystery that surrounds Clark as Jason put it to him. I think deep down he knows it but is not in a position or mindset just yet to do something drastic that could reveal clark's secret. Maybe Lex is choosing to avoid it because he's trying to be a good friend to clark and protect him. But the more Clark seems to show distrust and lies to Lex especially about the stones and symbols on cave wall, an apparently frustrated Lex will be getting closer to choosing to pursue the truth and that's going to be risk to his friendship with clark as we learn in later episodes the repercussions of such dark actions.

I particularly like the end scene with Jonathan and Clark..showing some family love and caring for one another.

Overall good episode especially with the whole hostage situation and how the luthors managed to escape..that was exciting to watch. Afterall, Luthors are "survivors".
        Last edited by Bilza; 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM.

Comment

This episode would have been my worst fear had I had a part in "Scare." Being stuck in high school would have been a nightmare-once I graduated, I never looked back!

Comment

cute episode... The look of lois when a girl wants Clark's signature... and the look of Clark for lois when she save her from smashed into pieces...

Comment

nice ending

Comment

This episode eh. The only thing I found interesting was the whole Lionel, Lex and Jason thing. Btw what is up with Jason and his mom I see some serious sexual tension going on there.
                this is a 6.

Comment

I just can't get why the girl's knock out wax-freak and then after that, they don't tie him up or anything. Hello it's obvious that he's just going after you later if you keep him lying there, it's really a typical movie thing just to prolong the tension

Comment

This episode used to be my least favotite episode in S4 but its still bad but good at some parts.Only liked the lex/jason fight.Disliked the plot and The FOTW was freaky

----- Added 33 Seconds later -----

This episode used to be my least favotite episode in S4 but its still bad but good at some parts.Only liked the lex/jason fight.Disliked the plot and The FOTW was freaky
                    Last edited by Nimkong; 02-27-2010, 10:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Ehhhhhh.... this episode was okay. It featured a lot of Chloe, which I liked, of course. The plotline stretched the boundaries of believability, I think. How much money would it have cost Brendan's father to have created that entire recreation of the school hallway, the Torch, etc.? And didn't he think somebody would eventually make the connection as to which people were kidnapped? He couldn't hold them there forever... On top of all that, when Lana clocked Brendan over the head with the drawer, why didn't they go ahead and hit him a few more times, or locked him in the Torch, just to be sure he didn't have a chance to come after them again? And how did he get outside ahead of them? So many confusing moments... The dude was creepy, though, and so were his powers. That part with Haley's head was a major gross-out factor, and so was Brendan's death scene at the end. The brighter moments were the touching part where Chloe closed the Torch, and the conversation she had with Clark and Lana as they walked away from Smallville High, and Chloe grabbed his arm. Cute.

Comment

judging from the fact that 10 minutes ago i lost all feeling in my hands you have a very curious definition of collaboration, lex - lionel

hahahaha love it

Comment

I just rewatched this episode and I have to say I am surprised I don't give it as much credit as it deserves. The plot was heavy on both Chloe and Lana but I can honestly say there isn't one scene with either of them that makes me want to cringe during the entire 42 minutes(gone is any angst between Clark and one of the girls or Chloe being used as Clark's brain basically). I think this episode was a perfect example of how to make Clana likeable to a wider audience(ie drop out the angst and have them interact like normal humans).

I thought Clark came off looking real good in terms of heroics(which generally is a huge positive when I rank episodes). Another positive is I am a huge fan in general of the last scene ending off on a nice note(ie no angst, suspense or drama, just a nice moment where you can feel happy for the characters and it feels like you give proper closure to the episode), which I thought this episode did nicely. If I had to come up with one problem in the episode it probably would be that the episode was Clark-lite(I think he only got like 15 minutes) but I can live with it.

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                          The plotline stretched the boundaries of believability, I think.
                          Believability generally doesn't bug me if I am entertained. If I don't like an episode though I can pinpoint many things that aren't believable. My theory is whet he show's basis is an alien who can shoot fire through his eyes, everything pales in comparison when it comes to not being believable. lol
                          Last edited by Supsfan; 03-27-2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

This is episode is....strange. I agree with Jeff, it stretched the boundaries of believability. This is Smallville where I'm used to suspending my disbelief but this plot comes out of nowhere. But do I hate it? No, there are FAR worse episodes out there. And this episode has redeeming qualities:

I thought it was good how they bid farewell to SVH and The Torch. It was kind of sad to see Chloe take down the Wall of Weird and turn the lights off on the Torch one last time.

The Luthor/Teague scenes were well done. I love the drama of the two families going at it and then the chase through the woods was cool. "It's Clark! He's the..." I'm guessing he was going to say Traveler.

Though the FotW plot was just bizarre...I'll give this one an 8/10!

Comment

Rewatching the episode, I think I've misjudged it in the past. It's not a great episode and the FOTW's power is a bit weak. Brendan's motivated by a fear of the world after High School. He didn't get into college, so he's facing a future of working at a local video store. He doesn't consider the fact that he could re-apply next year. Though, most people facing rejection probably don't stop and think "I could just try again next year. There is no law against it". Rewatching various Smallville episodes, I noticed a recurring theme in several of them ("Hourglass", "Redux" and "Forsaken"), where the villain of the episode is motivated by an inability to let go of the past or a fear of change. Both Chrissy Parker and Brendan feared life after HS. Harry Volk tried to kill the relatives of the jurors who had convicted him. And the Emily Dinsmore clone locked Lana up, because she didn't want Lana to move away.

In the past, I've been critical of the School replica. However, Brendan does say that he forced his father to build it, who clearly owns a construction company. And his father could easily have passed off the replica as a film set, that they've been hired to contstruct. Afterwards, he could've told the crew that the film production had been shut down (which has been known to happen), so they wouldn't ask questions.

The problem with Brendan is his powers. He can turn people into wax, by touching them. Meaning, he has to touch them, to use his powers. If they all ganged up on him at once, he wouldn't be able to stop them all. Heck, Lana was able to knock him out, when he was distracted by Chloe. If they had only been smart enough to restrain him, before running off, they would've been out of there. So, they really should've given him a more dangerous ability.

I like that Jonathan questions Clark, if his change in colleges have been motivated by Lana. He calls attention to the fact that Clark has been basing a lot of choices, over the past four years, on Lana. And he's visibly annoyed by it. I appreciate that AlMiles allowed characters to actually get annoyed by Clark's Lana fixation. In "Obscura", Martha told him to move on from Lana. In "Witness", Chloe lashed out at him, for hanging out with Lana, rather than writing an article that he had promised to do. Of course, at the end of the day, the characters are criticizing Clark's behavior, not Lana. Lana didn't force Clark to continue to have a crush on her, for another three years (and counting). She didn't tell Clark to not do the article. Though, at the same time, they are having characters saying that he and Lana has got to end. Would the Arrow showrunners allow the characters to criticize Olicity?
                              Last edited by jon-el87; 06-24-2017, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Though not the same actress, and though her character isn't given a name in this episode, and though she is obviously younger and less "frumpy", the girl who asks Clark to sign her yearbook looks a lot like Punchbowl Maddie from season 10's 'Homecoming'. Both go dreamy-eyed in the presence of/at the mention of Clark.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎