Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 4.18 - Spirit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The character of Dawn was an annoying stereotype. We get no real inside look into her character. Why is it so important for her to become prom queen? All we know is that she's dreamed about becoming prom queen, since she was a little girl. Of course, this episode was written by the same writer, who wrote "Bound", so I'm not expecting the deepest female characters in the episode.

Thought some of the possessed by Dawn performances was okay, but hardly good. Kreuk was the weakest. She came across more as trying to do a parody of Dawn, rather than playing the actual character.

The episode saw the return of Jesse Hutch, who had played Troy Turner in the first two seasons. I know the show sometimes used the same actors multiple times, but... for some reason, I found myself thinking that they'd originally brought him back as the same character, only to realize that Troy had died in season 2 and changed the character's name at the last minute.

The main plot revolves around everyone obsessing about prom, which wasn't a very interesting story. Does anyone care, if the characters goes to prom (or not) and who becomes prom queen? The Lex-Jason B-plot was far more interesting.

Comment

It's funny how Welling actually played a better Dawn than Kristin did. Plus, he gave us one of season 4's top highlights:

Comment

I don't remember Chloe ending up in the hospital after that, but geez, that's a rough hit.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
          I don't remember Chloe ending up in the hospital after that, but geez, that's a rough hit.
          Yeah, it was standard Smallville KO. She was jut unconscious for a short while.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            Yeah, it was standard Smallville KO. She was jut unconscious for a short while.
            For Smallvillians the brain has an amazing self-protection mechanism. It will knock you out at the slightest tap to the head but it will also not damage when someone puts you through a wall.

Comment

Forgot to mention how hilarious Annette was in this episode while she was channeling Dawn.

Originally posted by DJ Doena
              For Smallvillians the brain has an amazing self-protection mechanism. It will knock you out at the slightest tap to the head but it will also not damage when someone puts you through a wall.
              Yep. Speaking of fast healing, in this episode Jonathan was moving around just fine, even though Lex shot him on the knee in the last episode.

Comment

According to IMDB, the guy who played Brendan Nash in "Forever" is in this episode. Had a look a while back and I'm pretty sure he's there, in the background to the left, when they announce the prom queen. If it's really him, it's nice to see them having an upcoming Smallville High FOTW do a cameo in an earlier episode. Even if it's a blink and you miss it moment.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                  According to IMDB, the guy who played Brendan Nash in "Forever" is in this episode. Had a look a while back and I'm pretty sure he's there, in the background to the left, when they announce the prom queen. If it's really him, it's nice to see them having an upcoming Smallville High FOTW do a cameo in an earlier episode. Even if it's a blink and you miss it moment.
                  Check out 32:19 (NTSC version or 30:58 PAL) when the teacher announces the prom queen. Nash is right at her head.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Tried to see if any of the other students from "Forever" were also in that scene, but couldn't find anyone. Guess it was just a one deal, but it's still nice to be able to look in the background of an episode and see someone who will play a big role in a future episode. If only they could've done it with Evangeline Lilly. You know, give her a speaking role, as a character who feels like she's been in several episodes, when you rewatch the show and keep seeing Evangeline Lilly in the background at Smallville High (and other locations).
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 05-10-2020, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎