No announcement yet.

Ep 3.22 - Covenant

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuthorRequiem2
    The hair shaving scene was fantastic! Favorite scene in the history of "Smallville", or at least one of them!
    Totally agree with you! I watched that scene over and over again !!!

Comment

Me too! It heavily influenced my style as a filmmaker in many ways.

Comment

I feel really sorry for Adrianne Palicki. She played a Siren in the Aquaman pilot Mercy Reef, which was never picked up. She played Wonder Woman in a bad pilot, which, again, wasn't picked up. Then she played Mockingbird on AoS for 1,5 seasons, before the character was dropped, having originally been planned to star in an AoS spin-off, that never went beyond the pilot. This episode was her first involvement in the superhero genre and it didn't end well for her this time either. When she first appears in the episode, she announces herself as Kara from Krypton. Surely this means that this is the introduction of the girl, who'll become either Supergirl or Power Girl (depending on how the writers decide to develop the character). A role with the potential of being either a recurring character or part of the main cast, for the fourth season. WRONG! In the last few minutes of the episode, she's revealed to actually be a human girl named Lindsey Harrison and vanishes without a trace.

Of course, this doesn't have to mean the end for Adrianne's character. She could still come back and develop into Supergirl. The Kara Zor-El incarnation is only one of many versions of Supergirl. Not long before this episode, Supergirl had been a human female named Linda Danvers. So, Lindsey could be an amalgamation of the Linda Danvers Supergirl and the Kara Zor-El Supergirl. Sadly, this was not meant to be. When the show decided to use Supergirl as a regular, they disregarded the already existing Lindsey Harrison character and went with the traditional Kara Zor-El version. And she would be played by Laura Vandervoort, not Adrianne Palicki. All Lindsey got, after her only appearance, was a mention in the episode "Kara", for the sake of continuity. Beyond that, she was forgotten about. They could've brought Adrianne/Lindsey back, as the future Power Girl, but never did.

Overall, I think this was a great episode, that still holds up. The Lindsey Harrison twist (which I feel make no sense) is one of it's few weaknesses. Another being Clark thinking that there is something going on between Lex and Lana (which, given that he's an adult and she's a minor at this point, would be illegal). I enjoyed Adrianne's performance and wish we had seen more of her. This episode also features the apparent departure of Lana. Sadly, she came back for the fourth season, but that's not the fault of this episode. It gave Lana a good and organic exist from the show. Since the show ended, AlMiles have admited that Clana should've ended after three seasons (it was a three season romance, that was dragged out for eight). And this would've been a great departure. She's moving away, to go to art school in France. Nothing really forced about it. It's real life. People you've gone to school with, move away, if not during your time at school, it'll happen afterwards, when everyone goes off to College. No forced break-up, due to Lana becoming living Kryptonite. She would've simply moved to Paris and could've (like Pete) made a one-off guest appearance, in a later season.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎