Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 3.21 - Forsaken

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dident like this one compared to Accelerate.Liked how they handled petes diparture and how lex got lionel behind bars.But bringing emily dimsmore was less creepey than before and a terible idea.

Comment

Originally posted by auksanamon
      I was wondering if anyone knew,
      what the opera song is called at the end of the episode, when lionel is finally put behind bars.
      The aria you are looking for is,

((the second half of)) "The Convien Partir" , from The "Opera La Fille Du Regiment" by Gaetano Donizetti.

Comment

This episode left me with a major cliffhanger on about Lionel in prison.
        Other than that, Pete's leaving was indeed full of grief and sorrow.

Comment

I know that there are people out there who have problems with "their", "they're" and "there". Non-native speakers probably more than native speakers.

But shouldn't at least script writers and prop people be more savvy?

And that's ignoring the fact that what's written is not what Lionel actually said. He said "Of course I did. For their life insurence. I needed that money to start my company. Aww, I'm sorry you asked me that question, Ms. Sullivan. That's very dangerous information for you to have. Why did you ask me that?"

But then again that's not the last time that characters are saying different things than is actually written (remember Clarks goodbye letter as the RBB or his vows to Lois?).

Comment

^^ Yes, and Clark also read the DP in S10 episode 2 when Lois was in Africa. There was an article about her & Perry, and the camera showed a picture of Lois and next to it, you can see Perry's name, written Parry

Comment

Smallville just wasn't as good as when Pete used to be around. He was a really funny guy and shouldn't have been written off the show. I hate the fact that Chloe takes over Pete's role as Clark's best friend later on.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                The Emily Dinismore plot seemed silly and forced (I kept waiting for someone to say "well, you had to be attacked one last time by a meteor freak before leaving, lana!" ).
                I disagree. In the episode, Clark desperatly tries to keep Lana in Smallville (even preparing to reveal his secret), when she wants to leave. Emily does exactly what Clark tries to do, only taking it to an extreme level, by actually locking her in a cell. Clark is barely 17 years old. He wants to keep Lana in Smallville, because he can't imagine a future where she isn't with him and he is afraid of being left alone (which he admitted in "Hourglass"). The big question is, how far are you willing to go, to keep someone from leaving and if it's right to that person to keep them from leaving? To some extent, Clark is being selfish, as he wants to spare himself the pain of loosing a friend. Think even in S1 Lana talked about wanting to get out of Smallville (ironically, not taking the opportunity, when Nell moved away to Metropolis). Maybe she doesn't wanna be in Smallville all her life. Heck, the Talon is right across the street from where her parents were killed. Meaning, she'd no doubt be reminded, every time she exits the Talon.

A good thing about Emily, is that she is an already established Lana-stalking MF. So, they used an established character, rather than introducing yet another Lana-obsessed villain of the week. Like I mentioned, she takes what Clark was trying to do, to an extreme, even ending up trying to kill Lana. Which kinda shows the dangers in trying to keep someone from leaving. You may not try to kill said person, but you trying to keep them there causes them harm. Maybe not physical harm, but emotional harm, because they aren't happy. And what if Clark had managed to keep her from going? You'd think they'd be happy? Or would Lana grow more and more resentfull over the years. She had a chance to go to school in France and see another part of the world. Instead, she remained in Smallville and spent the next 20-something years, sitting on the Kent Farm. Never leaving a town she had been so unhappy in. Never getting a chance to see the world.

Not fond of the glass cage, that Emily locked Lana in. Where did she get it? Did she build it? Was it already there, when she got there? It seemed to already be rigged to kill the occupant(s). They should've just had her keep Lana locked in a basement somewhere.

We never saw Emily after this episode. Though, given how she have grown since her last appearance (and the fate of some later clones), it's pretty safe to assume that she grew old and died a few months later.

Originally posted by Sexy Kal
                Smallville just wasn't as good as when Pete used to be around. He was a really funny guy and shouldn't have been written off the show.
                I disagree. If anything it improved after Pete left. And he wasn't funny. If he wasn't just standing there, he was whining about the Luthors or something. He was a weak link in the show.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎