Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 3.19 - Memoria

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three years? Okay, great. I'm glad that that has been cleared up, then. It makes a lot of sense.

Thanks so much!

-Emma

Comment

nemmah, it's actually something I've never thought about before (and Memoria is my favourite episode). The Smallville writers took the well-established path of Clark's long journey to earth, so I guess any 'goof' isn't really their fault. But Memoria does raise the question of how a boy can walk after so much time spent in such confined conditions. I kind of question how Clark's first word could be 'Lara' seeing as his memory of her must be so limited, but I guess Jor-el would have programmed the ship with all kinds of data about Clark's heritage (I think this idea of an on-board teacher is there in the first Superman film). Besides, I love the idea of his first word being his mother's name too much (and indeed that final scene in the loft) to over-scrutinize it!
      Perhaps there was some kind of Kryptonian technology that also enabled muscle development......either way, it's not something that is ever answered in later episodes. I don't know whether it has ever been looked at in the comics.
      Last edited by Lex Dance; 06-27-2011, 01:51 AM.

Comment

This was a really well done episode. One of my favorites of season 3.

Comment

Lionel: "I want to know the truth about Clark Kent. Where does he come from?" No, there was never any pre-S7 hints, that Lionel suspected Clark to be from another world.

Dr. Garner makes his third and final appearance. Thought he made a good recurring villain. As you can't entirely go with one-shot baddies. Too bad he never returned.

A good flashback episode. We get some added depth to Lionel's behavior against Lex. He might've been a little harsh against the boy (a result of a vicious cycle; him having had abusive parents himself), but Lionel believing that Lex killed Julian is what really killed their relationship. Lillian was an ill woman, who thought she was saving her sons, by killing one of them. Instead, she doomed the remaining son to take the blame and make Lionel treat him even worse. Leading Lex down the dark path of becoming Superman's greatest adversary.

The only thing I wish they had done differently is replace the Luthor nanny (identified as Mary) to have been a readhead named Pamela Jenkins, who was established to be a nanny to the Luthor family. Of course, being a billionaire, Lionel could afford separate nannies for his kids. And, considering later revelations about the Lionel-Pamela relationship, he'd probably not entrust her to care for another one of his children, after giving their daughter up for adoption. They don't go into it, but I figure Pamela was hired by Lionel as Lex's nanny. A couple of years later, they have an affair and Pamela gets pregnant. Around the time, that the girl's five (as stated in "Abandoned"), Lionel learns that she's his daughter and forces Pamela to give her up.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎