No announcement yet.

Ep 4.08 - Spell

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin24
    That song fit perfectly with the moment at the end of the episode. How Clark lied to Lana once again when she was trying to be honest with him.
    Yeah, that was disappointing.

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by skizzo
    loved Isobel! Kristin did a great job. But like Clark said, even when Isobel wasnt there, Lana was starting to change. S4 was when she began to change, and go darker
    I don't believe Lana was going darker in S4. As I said elsewhere, she was more mature and less trusting and naive.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 09-18-2011, 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Huh, this episode was pretty entertainging - I hated it at first (aside from the funny moments) but that was because I had high expectations for SV coming off of season 3. With my new lowered expectations, I can enjoy it

Some points:

Interesting how Clark immediately asks for Chloe's help first, when the witches are trying to take his powers in the barn - he obviously thinks she is the one most likely to be snapped out of the possesion because of their closeness.

It had become a joke how often Clark turns up at Lex's only to ask for something by this episode, hadn't it? I mean, he's blathering on about a Princeton favour while Lex quietly bleeds all over the piano. Does Clark ever visit him just to talk?

KK did a pretty good job, I thought. I mean, you can't exactly bring a lot of gravitas to a partying witch role, but she drew a convincing line between Lana and Isobel.

Kudos to Lana for the apology to Clark. Shame he ruined it by lying to her again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arbar
        Kudos to Lana for the apology to Clark.
        She did not apologize to Clark. She merely acknowledged that she had been wrong. There's a difference.

It's one of the things I don't like about this show: The lack of sincere apologies when someone was wronged.

Comment

• Alrighty- kudos for Lana for saying she was wrong

Comment

Interesting how Clark immediately asks for Chloe's help first, when the witches are trying to take his powers in the barn - he obviously thinks she is the one most likely to be snapped out of the possesion because of their closeness.
            Tom's idea.

It had become a joke how often Clark turns up at Lex's only to ask for something by this episode, hadn't it? I mean, he's blathering on about a Princeton favour while Lex quietly bleeds all over the piano. Does Clark ever visit him just to talk?
            Considering that Lex had investigated him ever since they met, rightly so. Besides, those favors were usually to help other people.

KK did a pretty good job, I thought. I mean, you can't exactly bring a lot of gravitas to a partying witch role, but she drew a convincing line between Lana and Isobel.
            Over the top performance, in other words, extremely bad and cheesy.
            Last edited by wellinglover66; 06-18-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=wellinglover66;7787561]Considering that Lex had investigated him ever since they met, rightly so. Besides, those favors were usually to help other people.[QUOTE]

Doesn't make it right, IMO. Lex was a good friend to him at other times, and frankly, I'd expect better of Clark than to use someone just for favours (beneficial to others or not) He said he'd be friends with Lex again - how is it fair for him to just take advantage? (<---not directed at you btw - just general musing )

I also have issue with how much Lex was actually investigating Clark past Leech versus just um...collecting things to do with him (kind of like Amy's Lex shrine in Shimmer) but some of that is to do with writing problems regarding Clark's secret.

Cool that the Chloe thing was Tom's idea - thanks for sharing
              Last edited by Arbar; 06-18-2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                She did not apologize to Clark. She merely acknowledged that she had been wrong. There's a difference
                Better then nothing

Comment

• What I never understood is how Clark was able to not only walk in Lex's house unaanounced, but his office (ok, library, but he used it as an office) as well. Not just when they were buds, when it was plausable, but after they became bitter enemies. Someone I don't like walks in my place, I'm calling the police!

Comment

I think he used to. Both Chloe and Pete were rather jealous how much time Clark suddenly spend with Lex and Lana and it was mentioned several times in the first seasons.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                    What I never understood is how Clark was able to not only walk in Lex's house unaanounced, but his office (ok, library, but he used it as an office) as well. Not just when they were buds, when it was plausable, but after they became bitter enemies. Someone I don't like walks in my place, I'm calling the police!
                    I think Lex knew that Clark was doing it and simply didn't want to prevent it. Not just for their friendship but also because Clark saved his life doing it now and then. Also others, Martha in "Transference" for example. As to enemies, even in season seven Clark saves his life "Cure".
                    Last edited by Freawaru; 06-19-2012, 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Silly episode for sure but some very funny moments. Isabelle/Lana pulling Lois' hair and claiming it to be grey rather than the real reason that Lois is not a virgin. Brianna/Lois exclaiming "I'm gorgeous, look at these!", Clark's dancing and the whole "it was magic" convo near the end.

Comment

• ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Pretty boring episode. Okay, so it introduced the concept of magic and that it can harm Clark. Thought Isobel was an uninteresting character. Not sure if they had planned on making her the big bad (that Clark would have to face off against, in the season finale). After all, they introduced her and Lana's tattoo in the season premiere and then had it last the whole season, only to then have her be vanquished in the opening scene of the season finale. It does feel like they had plans for her, but changed their minds at the eleventh hour.

Comment

• I enjoy the episode for what it is - a big dork fest. Everyone gets to be goofy in this one.

On the other hand I never liked the introduction of actual magic. I know it's part of the comic books but you don't need to import every aspect from there. The show had such a good start being a science-fiction-based story but then they introduced the Naman prophecy and Isobel and suddenly you can handwave anything away.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                            On the other hand I never liked the introduction of actual magic. I know it's part of the comic books but you don't need to import every aspect from there. The show had such a good start being a science-fiction-based story but then they introduced the Naman prophecy and Isobel and suddenly you can handwave anything away.
                            I don't mind the introduction of magic, so much as I dislike Isobel using Kryptonian symbols as part of it. The implication becomes that Kryptonian technology is in fact magic (rather than science).

Comment

• Originally posted by jon-el87
                              I don't mind the introduction of magic, so much as I dislike Isobel using Kryptonian symbols as part of it. The implication becomes that Kryptonian technology is in fact magic (rather than science).
                              Unless it's the other way around. It's a shame, that they didn't explore the origin of her "magic", as I find myself thinking (due to Kryptonian symbols being linked to her magic) that she may infact be displaying powers, given to her by a piece of Kryptonian technology (that may have been buried with her and then uploaded her into Lana's mind, in "Crusade", like with Jor-El and Lionel in season 5), rather than actual magic. Keep in mind, we're talking about a person, who was born in the 16th century. If she came into contact with a piece of alien technology, which granted her powers, she would have no idea what was going on and mistake it for magic. She thinks she's doing spells, when she's really utilizing powers, granted to her through a piece of technology.

Sadly, they never explored this possibility and just left her as a witch, in possession of Lana.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎