Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 4.06 - Transference

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watching this on dvd now, brilliant episode. One of my favourites!

Comment

My favorite episode of the series. Tom's performance was pure GENIUS. It's one of those episodes that I can watch over and over again and never get sick of watching.

Comment

Probably my favorite storyline they came up with. Lionel w/ powers = brilliant. Tom Welling isn't the best actor, but he has his moments. This episode was one of them because he did a good job getting the mannerisms and speech pattern down. I also loved seeing John Glover played the doe-eyed innocent character.

Comment

excellent^^

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
            This episode has my favorite premise they have come up with because it involved Lionel getting powers. Plus, TW really impressed me because he nailed all of Lionel's mannerisms perfectly.
            I agree. Near perfect execution all the way around. There are too many good scenes to name, but my absolute favorite is when Clark barges into the mansion and Lex pulls out a gun on him. ROTLMAO That was gold.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
            ...why were Lana and Jason kissing in a room at the school where ANYONE could walk in on them?! Duh.
            Hormones trump brains.

----- Added 26 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by ginnyfan
            I think it is very interesting that the "water" symbol is what facilitated the transfer of Lionel and Clark's souls from one body to another and that this symbol is what is on Lana's back and facilitates Isobel going in and out of Lana's body. Very interesting.
            I noticed that, too.
            Last edited by Raistlin; 09-18-2011, 07:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The only thing I can say about this episode, is that redeemed/repetent or not, I can't see--after this episode--how Martha and Chloe could have Thanksgiving dinner with Lionel a couple years later.

Wish Edgar could have returned, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                The only thing I can say about this episode, is that redeemed/repetent or not, I can't see--after this episode--how Martha and Chloe could have Thanksgiving dinner with Lionel a couple years later.
                Because they were still alive?

Wish Edgar could have returned, as well.
                Yes. Great character and brilliantly acted.

I just still wonder whom he expected to meet when leaving prison. He went to the limosine but was completely surprised to see Bridget Crosby. Didn't even want to enter at first.

Did he expect Lex, because Luthorcorp had got him out of prison? But why would Lex send Bridget Crosby instead of himself if he knew Edgar had the stone? Maybe because he did not want Lionel to get it again? This would at least explain why Bridget Crosby wanted to give Lex the stone later in the season, before she was killed by Jason.

What do you think? Does this make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Freawaru

Yes. Great character and brilliantly acted.

I just still wonder whom he expected to meet when leaving prison. He went to the limosine but was completely surprised to see Bridget Crosby. Didn't even want to enter at first.

Did he expect Lex, because Luthorcorp had got him out of prison? But why would Lex send Bridget Crosby instead of himself if he knew Edgar had the stone? Maybe because he did not want Lionel to get it again? This would at least explain why Bridget Crosby wanted to give Lex the stone later in the season, before she was killed by Jason.

What do you think? Does this make sense?
                  Makes sense to me. A bit more onscreen time would have either confirmed that theory, or given us something else.

I only resently read (might have been here, can't remember) the reason Mogot Kidder made so few appearances was her disdain for a scene in which Dr. Crosby informed the Kents that Dr. Swann had passed away. She apparantly felt that was disrespectful to the memory of Christopher Reeve, who had just died. Offended, she abrubptly quit.

I gotta wonder if we would have seen more of why she met Edgar at the prison if Kidder had stayed with the thing.

Comment

I only resently read (might have been here, can't remember) the reason Mogot Kidder made so few appearances was her disdain for a scene in which Dr. Crosby informed the Kents that Dr. Swann had passed away. She apparantly felt that was disrespectful to the memory of Christopher Reeve, who had just died. Offended, she abrubptly quit.
                    That is quite odd. To mention the character's death is the well established way to deal with the death of an actor or actress in a TV series. In Stargate they even named a spaceship after General Hammond after the actor died.

Comment

Originally Posted by RightWingConspiratorI only resently read (might have been here, can't remember) the reason Mogot Kidder made so few appearances was her disdain for a scene in which Dr. Crosby informed the Kents that Dr. Swann had passed away. She apparantly felt that was disrespectful to the memory of Christopher Reeve, who had just died. Offended, she abrubptly quit.

Originally posted by Freawaru
                      That is quite odd. To mention the character's death is the well established way to deal with the death of an actor or actress in a TV series. In Stargate they even named a spaceship after General Hammond after the actor died.
                      No debate here. Only thing I can think of, and I'm just throwing out a guess here, is that she might have been deeply affected by his death (it was unexpected) and felt the show was trying to use it to their advantage by creating a storyline where Swann was murdered. I didn't see it that way at all, but maybe she did.

Comment

I did not doubt your information. Just felt surprised.

No debate here. Only thing I can think of, and I'm just throwing out a guess here, is that she might have been deeply affected by his death (it was unexpected) and felt the show was trying to use it to their advantage by creating a storyline where Swann was murdered. I didn't see it that way at all, but maybe she did.
                        Possible. Who knows?

But they could have created that storyline without his death, right? I always saw it as their way to tell the fans about the actor's death and to honor him.

Comment

It would have been nice if they had mentioned Swann's passing at the end of the episode, with Clark and maybe Martha (since she played oppisite Reeve in the third Superman film) taking a moment to really absorb the news, with the last scene switching to a picture of Reeve, with Clark saying something like "He was really a super man, wasn't he?" Then have Reeve's name, adn the year of his birth and year of his death faded in, and Martha/O'Tool's voice saying "Yes. Yes he was."

Some how, I thought they might do that. Then maybe that would have been tacky, dunno. I would have liked it.

Comment

There was a homage in the DVD specials. With scenes from the movies.

Comment

One of the few episodes centred around the stones that is a treat to watch. It hinges almost entirely on the performances of Tom and John and they deliver in spades. Tom has always shown that he's great to watch when Clark is let loose. Of course he's not really Clark in this one, but it's not Tom as Clark the boy scout. He really revels in the role of Lionel and perfectly puts across the dangerous combination of Lionel's capacity to think multiple moves ahead as well as having Clark's abilities. The knowing smirks, the amazement at having superhuman powers, the unashamed moves on Martha, Chloe and Lana, the reciprocated pat on the shoulder on Jonathan, and then going after Lex because he's more physically capable - it's all there and played up superbly. John plays Clark as fearful and naive without his powers - exactly like the frightened boy he describes to Martha when explaining about the transference to convince her that she's really speaking to her son - yet still with Clark's inquisitiveness to get to the truth.

Body swap episodes are a common occurrence in TV and film and they're usually played for laughs. This one tackles it from a more serious viewpoint and is all the better for it. Even if the derivative aspects such as the prison beatings and riot are almost exactly the same as in the movie Face/Off, it doesn't take you out of the main focus of the story.

Comment

We're introduced to the second of the three stones. Thought the episode was good, except for the mandatory Lana bits. Welling and Glover gave good performances as each other. It also resolved the Lionel dying plotline, from the previous season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎