No announcement yet.

Ep 3.16 - Crisis

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supsfan
    The plot was to contrived for my tastes(the time travel thing) and I don't think I can use the words "nice resolution" and "Adam Knight" in the same sentence(one of my peeves with S3 was that storyline, it just seemed rather pointless). I do get a good chuckle how whenever Lana seems to volunteer her time stuff goes wrong, and it always seems like Pete is the second most generous person with his time.
    That's true -- Pete and Lana were always up for helping out with various things, such as the blood drive in "Shimmer," the raffle in "Fever," and, in this case, the Crisis Hotline. Haha, you kind of have a good point about the Adam Knight deal not being the best resolution. It did seem they came to a pretty quick conclusion after doing pretty much nothing with his character for "Velocity" and "Obsession" other than have Lana get more and more suspicious of him. Lionel's plan for spying on Lana and Clark through Adam was pretty flawed from the get-go, looking at it in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
      That's true -- Pete and Lana were always up for helping out with various things, such as the blood drive in "Shimmer," the raffle in "Fever," and, in this case, the Crisis Hotline.
      I totally forgot about the raffle, but you forgot helping old people in hourglass. I honestly wish the producers went out of the way to make Lana and Pete's good willness a bit more believable(like maybe have them mention doing it once or twice in a few episodes before it happened). In the case of the Crisis hotline who the hell would be ok having 16 year olds dealing with suicidal teens.

Comment

I really liked the shot of the stormy sky over the Kent farm.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by vyperman7
        I re-watched S3 a few weeks ago and there is one thing that really bugs me about this episode. The second time around, Lana knows that she dies from getting shot. When she is trying to escape near the end of the episode, Lana knocks Adam down twice. Both times she has more than enough time to grab the rifle and run away with it. Why didn't she just grab the rifle so that Adam couldn't shoot her??!! Both times she knocked him down and ran away without getting the rifle, I wanted to scream out "Just grab the gun you moron!"..LOL
        The first time she went for the gun, Adam grabbed her and landed some pretty serious blows. When she hit him the second time, the rifle flew behind Adam which would have made Lana have to step over him to get it. He'd already stopped her once when trying to make the same move, and he wasn't unconscious, so grabbing the phone and hauling ass makes sense to me.
        Last edited by Raistlin; 09-17-2011, 12:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Currently rewatching season 3 and just finished this episode. Despite a few plot holes, I loved this episode. The suspense was well played out and was a great way to wrap up the Adam arc and explain why Lionel developed the serum. The ending shot with Lionel and the gun was beautifully done and one of the reasons why I like season 3 so much. Season 3 was IMO one of the better seasons for just the way it was written and how the season played out.

So why did Lana drop the whole "how did you get here so fast" question? I'm assuming she understood that Clark just couldn't tell her the truth and he would tell her when she was ready. It would have been nice to see Lana try to pursue the secret more like she did in season 6 but oh well.

Another thing I would have liked better in this episode if they showed why the Metro PD cops didn't like Lex so much. I know Lex has been trouble with the Metro PD before, but the two characters came in as if they had some history with Lex that we never did see. Also, Agent Loder came in at the end and some history there would have nice too.

I gave this episode a 9 out of 10!

Comment

A time travel plot, that doesn't quite make sense. The climax of the episode implies that green K can send phone signals back in time. Something never seen in other episodes (neither previous or later ones). Clark saving Lana in this episode was included among Clark's trials, in the finale. So, perhaps, one can retcon the whole thing as the phone call having been sent by Jor-El, as another test for Clark.

However, beyond the non-sensical (implied) cause of the time traveling phone call, I enjoyed the episode. I liked that they included a scene, where they tried to involve Sheriff Adams. Sometimes you come across plots, where you can't help but think "why not leave this to the police?" or "why don't they call the police?". Here we're shown a scene, with them trying to bring the issue to the sheriff's attention, rather than the episode going directly to the main characters simply investigating the issues themselves. The whole thing is written off as a prank, by her. Giving our non-police characters a motivation for why they're the ones investigating the whole thing.
            Last edited by jon-el87; 08-05-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎