Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 4.01 - Crusade

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That moment when you realize that Jor-El was totally trying to set Clark and Lois up (hence why he dropped him off, right next to her).

Really enjoyed the episode. Thought Erica gave a good performance for her first episode. You instantly like Lois and she's shown to have something, that Lana never had, a personality. Of course, that's the fault of the writers and not the actress.

We could've done without the Paris scenes. Basically, we cut between the important stuff (introduction to the stone storyline, with Lex finding one. Clark's return. The introduction of Lois Lane and the questions concerning Chloe's apparent death) to a dull romance plot, that none of the other characters are involved with.

Quite liked the effect with Clark's take off. It's nice to see Clark affecting the area around him, when he takes off. Often Superman is just shown to start levitating and float away. What they did here, implies that there are components to the flight.

Also it's a nice touch to have Clark say that Kal-El can fly, but Clark Kent is still Earth-bound. Him using third person demonstrates his identity crisis. Something that he struggles with for much of the show and comes to term with at the end.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 05-03-2018, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      We could've done without the Paris scenes. Basically, we cut between the important stuff (introduction to the stone storyline, with Lex finding one. Clark's return. The introduction of Lois Lane and the questions concerning Chloe's apparent death) to a dull romance plot, that none of the other characters are involved with.
      Once upon a time, I ripped all my Smallville episodes from DVD to hard drive. And while doing that I also created special "cuts" of a number of season four episodes. Especially around the middle of the seasons where Clark's and Lana's arc don't cross once and you can cut out all of it and just keep the Clark storyline.

It looks like this: https://78.media.tumblr.com/80ab9b0e...mzao1_1280.png

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎