No announcement yet.

Ep 2.21 - Accelerate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smallvillefreak24
    OK emily was supposed to be 10! she acted 5.. they really get the ages mixed up in this show
    That happens often in any tv-movie production.

Comment

Something that many people don't notice is a mistake the sound guy made. when Lana asks to "borrow Clark" from Mr. Kent right before Mr. Kent says "I dont see why not" you'll hear a faint "yeah". It is pretty quiet so you may have to turn up the volume a bit.

Comment

This episode had absolutely nothing to do with the episodes before or after it. LOL! It did introduce cloning so it has importance in the context of the series, even if it's kind of a strange filler episode in the context of season 2.

The episode adds another person to the list of people that either abandoned Lana or died.

1. Lana's parents died.
        2. Whitney left to be a soldier then died.
        3. She lost her Aunt Nell.
        4. She lost Henry Small.
        5. Her best friend Emily Dunsmore drowned.
        6. Clark runs away abandoning Lana at the end of the season.

The Lex/Lionel in this episode is wonderful. Lex and cloning is interesting in light of later in the series.

I don't think I'd ever seen the study in the Kent farmhouse before, so that was exciting.

I enjoyed the way Lana's hair had red in it this season.

The little girl that played Emily Dinsmore had a LOT of hair on her head. LOL!

That rain effect was amazing. It's a highlight of the season for me. LOL!

Comment

love it one of fav season 2 episode

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
            This episode stunk plain and simple. It was a complete waste. I would have prefered the events in Calling and Exodus to have one more episode leading in. An episode focusing on the clone of Lana's childhood best friend. An early warning sign of TPTB feeling the need to make Lana seem more important than she actually is.
            I have to agree. I rate this one of the worst 10 episodes on the show. Dumb and boring premise basically, although not Ageless dumb. Funny enough I enjoyed the second time Emily came back(something just so corny about returning Lana stalkers)

Comment

It's odd how polarizing this episode is. I really enjoyed it, to be quite honest. It was definitely weird and creepy, but every show needs to have a slightly "scary" episode from time to time, and Emily's takes the cake when it comes to those. The rain effect was really cool, as was the final spooky scene with Lionel.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

It was good.The plot was nice,the clone was amsomely creepy and so was lionel

Comment

I just saw this episode for the first time and I really liked it. I felt Emily was so adorable, when I saw her I thought cute not creepy.
                  Kristin did a fantastic job when she was on the bridge with Emily, esp. when she had to admit she didn't save Emily.
                  BTW The House on Haunted Hill is overrated and not scary at all.

Comment

I have to say I do quite like this episode, Emily was very well acted and very creepy (I think the actress was in Supernatural too), I also loved every single Lex/Lionel scene and the Lionel and Emily tea party was just too creepy I also think it's an important episode because it introduces the cloning story arc. That said I agree that Emily's age seemed a bit off, and it is a bit of a wierd filler episode, centred around Lana and one of her many creepy stalkers and I'm never a fan of those types of episodes

Comment

Just now saw this episode. Pretty good, i think, and even more interesting now knowing what's to come. Hearing Lex speak with moral outrage over cloning was ironic, given thet he'll utlimatly clone himself a new body.

Comment

A really spooky episode. I like that it opens with the characters going to a movie theatre. I always like it, when we get to see the characters engaged in everyday activities. Little hints that the characters have lives outside of the plot of the episode. They're not just standing around waiting for the next FOTW.

This episode introduces more childhood traumas for Lana. And, according to Chloe, Lana cries in her sleep. Nell should've taken her to a child psychologist.

It also introduces the concept of cloning to the Smallville-verse, which will be used several times more of the shows run and end with the creation of Conner Kent.

I liked that they included multiple Emily clones. Showing that the main Emily clone is just the latest in a number of attempts to clone Emily Dinsmore. Pete Dinsmore didn't get a perfect result, the first time he tried to clone her.

Also liked the super speeding at the graveyard. Not only did I think the effects looked good, but it suggested that super speed is something that Clark needs to essentially activate. Explaining away any moment, where he doesn't appear to have as fast reflexes, as once would expect him to have, given that he can super speed.

Thought they did a good job at the plot. You can understand what drove and motivated Pete Dinsmore to create clones. Also thought they did an unusual good job at including Lana in the story. These characters are all in High School right now. You need a reason for why a clone would come after one of them. And Lana is already established to have had childhood traumas, creating the possibility that she might actually be insane, when she begins to see a dead girl. It would've felt more like it came out of nowhere if it had been Chloe (Well, prior to them establishing that she had a family history of mental illness) or Clark himself. It couldn't have been Pete, as then they would actually have to give him a plotline, that doesn't revolve around him standing around going "you know what the Luthors did to my family".

Originally posted by smallvillefreak24
                        OK emily was supposed to be 10! she acted 5.. they really get the ages mixed up in this show
                        Not really. She may look like a ten year old, but this clone may only be a few months old and been artificially aged. Nor does she have the memories of the original. She acts younger, because she doesn't have the mental development of a ten year old.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎