Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 3.10 - Whisper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was good.Liked how he got the new power,and liked how pete got some decent screen time.But the FOTW was retarted.

Comment

i'm at work and just finished watching it. still very enjoyable!

~K

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan James
        So Chloe thinks she did nothing wrong by spying on Clark and feeding Lionel information. According to their conversation, it appears as though Chloe genuinely believes she is innocent. She knows how evil Lionel Luthor is, but she feeds him info anyway, and thinks she has done nothing wrong.

Please tell me I am misunderstanding this...

This was the first episode where I really hated Chloe. She never even apologized for the horrible things she did. I see a connection between the Chloe in this episode and S9 Chloe.
        And he11 to the yeah! Clark looked great in his glasses. Really wish they would do a Dean Cain and get normal fashionable glasses.

Comment

I just watched this episode again and I have to say that it wasn't as strong as Asylum and Shattered but it still kept the story arch with Lex going which is something I really am happy to see.

I was also starting to wonder if Clark ever gets impaired again after this

Comment

I am re-watching this episode and have to say there are no shortage of "jerk" moments.

First, Clark was a real jerk to Lana at the high school when she was simply offering to help him.

Second, Chloe was a real jerk when confronted by Clark about her spying for Lionel. "I was trying to help you." Is she kidding me?

Third, Jonathan was a jerk to Martha when she was completing paperwork to get Clark a tutor. I'm glad she got angry and voiced her opinion. She should have done that more often during the early seasons.

And finally, the eyeglasses should have stayed.

Comment

Lana was a jerk in the truck when Clark apologized and she pulled away when he reached out to her.

Comment

^Word to that!!

Comment

I actually liked this episode, sure it wasn't as good as X-ray or Heat but still. I like how even when he was blind, Clark still tried to save the day. And yes part of me does wonder why they didn't just keep the glasses here but meh.

I think I really like this episode for the Clark/Chloe fight that needed to happen. I didn't care for Chloe in season 2 and kinda hated her for what she did to Clark so this needed to happen so they eventually could become friends again.

And I actually don't mind the Clana angst in this one because it felt like it was coming from somewhere. Lana pushed Clark away for good reason after Shattered/Asylum and I understand that Lana was only trying to help Clark but it can't be easy for the guy when there is so much complication in their relationship.

There are a lot of relationships here that get tested and I think that's why I like it.

9 out of 10!

Comment

Clark develops super hearing and dons glasses... briefly.

Thought it was a good new power scenario. A problem with past "new power" episodes have been that you're kinda left wondering why now? Why does x-ray vision develop just as he's looking at Tina Greer (disguised as Lex), who happens to have a green glowing skeleton? I've put forward a theory on why, but it's something the episode itself doesn't answer or motivate. Here, super hearing kicks in, as a result of Clark being blinded. Of course, we've had hints since season one (ex. "Zero"), that Clark has better than normal hearing.

We don't learn much about the FOTW, Nathan Dean. We see him briefly at Smallville High (where he was carrying some books, suggesting that he's a student at the school). However, when Clark confronts him at the junkyard, he seems to have no idea who Nathan is. So, he might not be a student at SH (and was only there, pretending to be a student, so he could keep an eye on Pete). I'm okay with this. He and this other guy are just robbers. How much depth does a bank robber actually need? Not every character has or need a deep psychological motivation for their actions. Does anyone really care why they decided to rob the Smallville jewelry store?
                    We don't learn the origin of his ability. I kinda like it. It makes the cause of it vague. Most will probably assume that he is yet another meteor freak, but as we've seen before (with Chrissy Parker and Ryan James) and would see as the show progressed: there are plenty of metahumans in this world, that didn't get their powers from Kryptonite exposure. So, by keeping the cause of Nathan's power vague (combined with confirmed non-meteor infected metahumans and those that weren't established to be meteor infected (ex. Nathan and Justin Gaines), the later appearances of all those non-Smallville related metahumans become less of a shock.

Instead of spending time on the background of a one-shot character (who'll be dead before the end of the episode), the focus lies on more important issues like Clark's new ability and Chloe stepping away from Lionel (with both her and her father having to pay the price). Things that actually carry weight to the show going forward.

This episode was also the first time, that Clark donned glasses. Some might argue that he should've kept them on. It's a tricky issue. Superman is a character, who disguises himself with glasses. The problem is... at what point should he start wearing them? Lois & Clark had Clark already wearing glasses, when he first came to Metropolis (days before becoming Superman) and I've often seen people confused about why he was wearing them. Here, a temporary eyesight problem, motivates Clark wearing glasses for a while. It does create a good motivation for why he'd begin to wear glasses. However, his eyes are nearly healed by the end of the episode (with them being returned to normal, by next episode). So, why would he continue wearing them, when he doesn't need them?

I'm kinda okay, with him not starting to wear eye glasses just yet. However, I'm also not too crazy about how they just randomly had Clark begin to wear glasses, in S10, after having worked at the Daily Planet for years. In hindsight, they probably should've supplemented the glasses with the fact that Tom Welling has more dark brown hair and green eyes, instead of black hair and blue eyes (the traditional Superman look). Have Clark use Kryptonian technology to alter his hair and eye color (they were thousands of years ahead of us, yet we're supposed to believe they never invented a quicker/easier and more advanced way to dye hair?) and then wear glasses, to increase the effect.
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 11-23-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎