Ep 2.16 - Fever

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This episode was so great and intense.

First of all: the letter.

The night before , Clark talks with Lana. A few minutes later, he collapses on the ground. The next day, Chloe comes by to visit and she reads him a letter with her feelings while he is sleeping. Suddenly, when she's done reading, Clark moves his head, while Chloe says his name. And guess what he says. 'Lana'. There's a tear falling down Chloe's cheek, she stands up, puts her letter away and leaves the Kent Farm.
    Oh my god! This was just soooo bad! Chloe's exposing her feelings to Clark and all he says and cares about is Lana, even when he's sick, almost dying!
    And I felt so bad for Chloe. She comes to Clark's house, hoping that she would get a good response but it turned out the other way.
    I found Allison Mack's acting in this scene outstanding, she brought it really good over and it looked like that she was feeling what her character felt.

Second: The 'Healing' Scene

Jonathan and Clark are stealing the octagonal disk from the DCA. They have been followed by the police and DCA, and later, it turns out that it was just Pete, sitting in the truck. Jonathan and Clark arrive at the hospital, undoing the sheets from the ship and they put the disk in it. Suddenly, there's a very bright light coming from the ship, shining trough the whole hospital, healing Martha, who's been decleared dead.

First of all, I just can't understand how Clark and Jonathan haven't been noticed by other people seeing that they actually have a real space ship in their truck. But that's just me, thinking that's impossible, I guess :P. The 'healing proces' was well done, but quick. Everybody at the hospital was healed or cured, referring it as a 'miracle'. I found it actually a bit funny when the DCA thought they had chased Clark and Jonathan, but then it turns out it's just good old Pete lol

And the third one: Ending scene

At the Talon there's a band playing a nice song. Everybody dancing, while Pete is 'DJ-ing'. Clark comes to thank Pete for what he has done earlier and then, Chloe shows up and she and Clark shares a conversation. Not long after that, she leaves him to buy a ticket. Suddenly, Lana is here and she also talks with Clark, when he notices Chloe is acting a bit 'weird'. Lana tells him that his sickness really affected them both. She also refers that some people are better with words than others, while she looks at Chloe, with tears in her eyes.

I found that this scene was really intense. Actually, it was the song that made it intense. Although for me.

Okay, and now I'm done blabbing here, but I just wanted to tell that this episode was great!

Comment

I laughed when Clark said 'Lana'

Great acting, you can actually see the moment her face breaks.
      Don't get me wrong tho, it was sad.

Comment

Good episode but not on my top.Liked the key finding part,clark getting a fever was crazy,chloes letter was sweet and jhonathan was bad a**

Comment

Just watched this episode (on DVD...of course ^_^) the other day. Yep. Still good!

~H

Comment

After watching seasons 1-5 about 3 times i've constantly thought that chloe sullivan was an annoying character. I thought that she was always getting in the way of Clark and Lana and that she just needed to move on. For some reason, my 4th time watching this episode I felt incredibly bad for her. Clark was kinda a jerk by saying "Lana" after Chloe's heartwarming speech. After seeing the episode i became a huge "Chlark" fan although i still love "Clois".

In this episode I also loved the role Jonathan Kent plays by being the hero

Comment

Chloe

Comment

Originally posted by LastingChlarker
                Chloe's letter scene is one of the best scenes I've seen on Smallville. AM is definitely good at delivering monologues. One of her best scenes I think.
                I agree. This was a good scene. I felt bad for Chloe. She took a risk and put it all out there, but sadly, you can't make someone fall in love with you. Clark's folly was he sometimes seemed more comfortable loving Lana from afar than letting her into his life. But then, having made his decision, he'd mope around with cow eyes like it was her fault he wasn't happy. At these times, I wanted someone to put me out of my misery.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Red K 5
                he was sick, delusional not to mention unconscious... give him a break
                Yeah, well you know...some people have no mercy.
                Last edited by Raistlin; 09-18-2011, 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Re-watch.

"I'd like to tear off this facade like I did at the spring formal, but then you'll get scared and run away again". News flash Chloe, Clark was in the process of asking you out when YOU pulled the friends' card in Vortex. That is why I have a hard time feeling sorry for Chloe in regards to Chlark. She is the one who got scared and ran away.

In general though good episode. Like the focus on Martha, the suspense of Clark being sick and the medical tests, etc.. The letter reading is great, and I like that Clark calls out Lana. Made the scene more emotional. A bit convenient that there's no one in the parking lot of the hospital that sees the ship @ work though...8/10

Comment

Originally posted by ontherun1994
                    Clark was kinda a jerk by saying "Lana" after Chloe's heartwarming speech. After seeing the episode i became a huge "Chlark" fan although i still love "Clois".
                    Haha.. Chlark fans will make any excuse to blame Clark for being a "jerk" to Chloe. The guy was unconscious and had no idea Chloe was there. He simply called out who was on his mind in the delirium. Also, where was the love for Clark when Chloe says she wants to be friends when he is trying to ask her out? He had initial disappointment and went along with what he thought Chloe wanted. Then in Heat she makes up a guy she met in Metropolis.

Comment

Just rewatched this one again...

I'm not really a fan of epi's that feature someone getting sick/coming under an influence (Nicodemus, Fever, etc.), that is wrapped up in 30 mins or less, but this one was obviously a bit more special.

The reveal of Martha's pregnancy, the SHIP being activated... I remember going bananas the first time I saw that.

Good episode, though I always thought it was strange that a tiny bit of digging revealed kryptonite spores in the stormcellar?? The Kents have been down there a million times, its kinda stupid that all of a sudden the place is filled with krypto-spores or dust or whatever now. How the heck would it even get there in the first place? lol.

Maybe the ship was covered in it when it arrived? ....but then it would have happened before this... maybe it had some INSIDE and when it opened and settled after that? ... but then little Clark should have been incapacitated as soon as he hit Earth and/or the ship opened, wouldn't he? Not sure how Krypto-dust could have gotten there just via the meteor shower, all the way deep in the soil in the cellar...

So I am stumped on that one...

Still not enough to stop me from enjoying the ep for the great parts though... 7/10.

Comment

Oh yeah, notice no mention of Chloe's letter... figured that was done to death already. Can't believe out of such a crazy episode, with so much big stuff happening, that all anyone can talk about is that scene, lol.

Comment

Pretty good episode. Instead of Clark having to deal with a FOTW (which can lead to formulaic episodes), the plot revolves around Martha and Clark being infected with Krypto-spores. Resulting in them having to find a cure to an illness, rather than merely fighting a physical antagonist (who may end up finding out about Clark's secret). The Krypto-spores kinda makes sense. Kryptonite has been shown to be able to effect people and plants, so why not Bacteria? Though, maybe they shouldn't have had them be present in the Kent stormcellar. The ship had previously neutralized Green Kryptonite in there, in "Visage". Why would Lana's necklace be neutralized and not these spores?

Granted, they don't go into the origin of the spores, so it's possible that they came there recently (thanks to the wind) and simply were too far away from the ship, for it to react to their presence (especially behind cans of lead paint).

The episode also introduces a lot, that would come into play, later in the series. You have Chloe's letter (which Jimmy finds in season 8) and Helen taking Clark's blood (which lead to the resurrection plotline in S3 and to the ultimate creation of Conner Kent/Superboy). It also has the reveal that Martha's pregnant. Though, I won't get into that here, as I've already talked about it in regards to other episodes.

Liked the Chloe-Clark scene, with the letter. Upon seeing it, I realized that in a cheezy romance flick, he would probably have woken up, after she read it and realized his romantic feelings for her and they'd kiss. Not something that would happen in real-life. So, I'm glad it didn't happen here.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎