No announcement yet.

Ep 2.15 - Prodigal

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Speeding to Save Lucas

I was watching a music video that had the scene when Clark speeds and knocks the guy off his bike, knocks the bullets out of the air, and then tackles lucas to keep him from getting shot, what I noticed was kind of weird and not sure. But as Clark is running we see him knock 2 bullets away, and then shoots to one gaining on lucas and this is when clark lunges after him. when it cuts to that part, you see the bullet that almost got lucas, but also 2 other bullets that hit clark's back. I was curious if that was an *error* in editing or something. Obviously there probably was that many bullets, just seemed a little weird when going back and watching the clip. , any one else notice this?

Actually now that I think about it, Clark would most definitely be concerned with the bullets that would be closest to Lucas such as the front 3.

Comment

if lex and lucas were in the whole time on the plot, then why did lucas attack jonathan in the barn? plot hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Bookwrm17
        Um, just out of curiosity, does anyone know the name of the actor who played Lucas?
        The name of the actor is Paul Wasilewski. He recently changed his name to Paul Wesley.

Originally posted by JEWCY
        if lex and lucas were in the whole time on the plot, then why did lucas attack jonathan in the barn? plot hole?
        Lex and Lucas created the plot after Jonathan was knocked out

Comment

Whatever happened to Lex's Brother? He was only in this one episode. They should have him come back as a guest star. Same thing with Lois's sister. She should make another appearance on the show.

Comment

WOW! This episode was amazing. I remembered liking it mildly but... this is one of the best episodes of season 2 certainly... maybe even one of the best of the series. Fantastically written. Just amazing. I really wish they'd brought Lucas back in Season 7 instead of resurrecting Julian. *sigh*

Pete gives Clark relationship rules! Clark quotes Pete's "Rule of Proximity: If you want to get in the game, you gotta be on the court." *snort* Reminds me of Lois' rules of Journalism.

Clark has applied to "The Talon" in an attempt to get back into Lana's good graces. Pete says this is a miscalculation because as Clark's boss Lana will just punish him for all the times he's let her down.

This episode leaves me with many tantalizing questions that would be fun to read about in fan fiction. What if Lex were raised by the Kents and Clark by the Luthors? What if Clark were an orphan aka parent less his whole life?

Red K Clark makes and appearance without the RedK as Clark almost injures Lucas Luthor during a game of one on one basketball.

Chlana!

Chloe: 'ello Lana.

Lana knows Chloe's order without Chloe asking. Chloe and Lana bond over how p*ssed Lana still is about Clark's insane behavior. Lovely moment.

Chloe: Are you kidding? Bossing around Clark is the highlight of my day. *sigh*

The Lucas scenes with any and all members of the Luthor family are simply delicious. Oh he was wonderfully cast.

There's a lovely monologue from Lex about working with his mother at a Ranch in Montana. Clark is so in love with Lex during a barn scene when Lex talks about "pulling his own weight." <3

Jonathan even falls for Lex a little during this episode. I got SO happy, I mean ecstatic when Jonathan told Lex he was proud and that Lex would make a good farmer.

There's a nice bullet time save. Clark saves Lucas.

Clana friendship is glorious. They are much better as friends IMO.

Lionel owns the DP... well not literally but...

I love the Lexcorp mentions during this season. Too bad they couldn't focus on Lexcorp more during Seasons 6 and 7 of Smallville.

Wonderful episode! This may unseat Ryan as my fave of the season.

Comment

This was a pretty cool episode. It's a shame that they never brought back Lucas; he was an interesting, well-acted character who was very "gray" in that you were never sure what his motivations were or whose side he was on. I don't understand why he didn't make a reappearance.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

It was ok.The plot was a little tipsy,and i expected better from the lucas storyline.But the lionel faking blindness part was like

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
                  This was a pretty cool episode. It's a shame that they never brought back Lucas; he was an interesting, well-acted character who was very "gray" in that you were never sure what his motivations were or whose side he was on. I don't understand why he didn't make a reappearance.

--SGuthrie ><>' --
                  I agree. They could have brought him to replace Lex for the later seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by smokedkill
                    I agree. They could have brought him to replace Lex for the later seasons.
                    This.

I've been re-watching Smaallville from the pilot on, and just saw this episode. One of the series' best, with a character that could have been used in many ways for the next eight seasons, and we never even hear his name again. If it wasn't for the reveal that Lionel had his sight back, this might as well have been erased from continuity. What a tragic waste.

We fans should have waged a "Bring Back Lucas" campaign in the day. Dang.

Comment

Re-Watch.

Still one of my favorite eps from S2 and the series in general. Definitely on my top 25 list. Lucas is bad ass. Shame he never came back. Would've been awesome if Lex brought him back to run the day to day of L33.1 and then set him up as the fall guy for Lionel's death.

Small plot hole - When Lionel tells Clark to give Martha his regards. At the end of Insurgence it's set up that Maryha is going to stay on to spy on Lionel. Shame they never followed through on that.

Comment

I think it was a shame they didn't bring back Lucas for another season. Instead they revamped him into 'Julian' and made him into a clone of his dead brother which didn't make sense when the plot was revealed. All of sudden as if Lucas didn't even exist. You would think that the writers watch this episode and continue on w/ the story. BUT no they screwed with this just like they screwed with everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by shy175223
                          I think it was a shame they didn't bring back Lucas for another season. Instead they revamped him into 'Julian' and made him into a clone of his dead brother which didn't make sense when the plot was revealed. All of sudden as if Lucas didn't even exist. You would think that the writers watch this episode and continue on w/ the story. BUT no they screwed with this just like they screwed with everything else.
                          Yes and no. Yes, they screwed up the Luthor family tree with Lucas being all but forgotten and 1st season guest character Pamela Jenkins suddenly being the mother of Tess Mercer.

Also, the woman who came into town looking for Lucas thought Clark might be her son. A few episodes/months later Lucas appears on the show and is suddenly 18 whereas Clark is 16 at the most.

But Julian was also mentioned for the first time in season one, in the episode Stray (Ryan's first appearance):

Lex: Kid's growing on ya.
                          Clark: You know how it is. Being an only child, no one else around. Don't you ever wish you had a sibling?
                          Lex: I have one, Clark.
                          Clark: Really? I didn't know.
                          Lex: When I was eleven, my mother got pregnant again. It was a total surprise. I'd never seen my father happier. The day Julian was born was the only time I felt like I was part of a real family.
                          Clark: What happened?
                          Lex: The morning of his baptism, my mother went to his nursery, found him in his crib. He had stopped breathing. My mother was never the same after that and my father got even more distant. I think he saw Julian as his second chance. A chance for him to have a son he could truly love.
                          Clark: I'm sorry.
                          Last edited by DJ Doena; 07-09-2014, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Yeah but what I am saying is that they screwed up on that story and revamped into another one which didn't make sense. Why not just bring in Lucas instead of a clone of a dead brother.

Comment

This episode concludes the Lucas Luthor plot, introduced in "Lineage". There is a minor continuity error between the two episode. In "Lineage", Chloe and Rachel Dunleavy thought Clark might be Lucas. Here Lucas is suddenly 18 years old (making him, at least, two years older than Clark).

Otherwise, I thought it was a good episode. It also resolves the blind Lionel plotline. It was the only time that we saw Lucas Luthor. After this episode, he vanished off the face of the Earth. Didn't even return in season 8, after Lex was declared dead, to try and claim the Luthor fortune. They could've also used him, as an alternative way for bringing back Lex. In the comics, Lex once faked his death and had his brain placed in the body of a clone (passed off as Lex Luthor, Jr.) So, there would've been a basis for it, in the comics. Only here he'd pose as his brother, rather than as his son.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎