Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 2.13 - Suspect

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a big fan of mysteries and whodunnit kinds of cases, so I honestly really enjoyed this episode. I know that some people don't think it's as strong as many other Season 2 episodes, but it breaks out of the FOTW overused story technique, keeps you guessing, pulls in multiple flashbacks, misdirections, and points of view, and I had no idea that Sheriff Ethan was going to turn out to be the villain by the end of it! WOW! Plus it had a proactive Clark, Pete trying to be a helpful sidekick, loads of the Kent parents who often didn't get much to do, tons of Lionel and Lex, which always makes for good television, and just an interesting plot in general. It may not be in my top 5 episodes of Season 2, but it was a solid episode to be sure.

--SGuthrie ><>' --

Comment

Originally posted by SGuthrie27
      I'm a big fan of mysteries and whodunnit kinds of cases, so I honestly really enjoyed this episode. I know that some people don't think it's as strong as many other Season 2 episodes, but it breaks out of the FOTW overused story technique, keeps you guessing, pulls in multiple flashbacks, misdirections, and points of view, and I had no idea that Sheriff Ethan was going to turn out to be the villain by the end of it! WOW! Plus it had a proactive Clark, Pete trying to be a helpful sidekick, loads of the Kent parents who often didn't get much to do, tons of Lionel and Lex, which always makes for good television, and just an interesting plot in general. It may not be in my top 5 episodes of Season 2, but it was a solid episode to be sure.

--SGuthrie ><>' --
      I have to say after rewatching all of Season 2, Suspect might be one of my favs. Limited angst + good story for Clark = entertainment for me

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
        I have to say after rewatching all of Season 2, Suspect might be one of my favs. Limited angst + good story for Clark = entertainment for me
        i agree. have also just watched it. one of my absolute favorite clark episodes

Comment

It was an ok episode.The plot was kool,the shooter was surprising and clark was tight-on the path of getting the truth... with no one in the way

Comment

Another of my favorites. It's different from the others and good acting. I knew it wasn't Jonathan who had shot Lionel, but it sure looked curious at times. But everything was too obvious to be him and it kinda became obvious he was being framed. Cool scenes with Clark and that dude... uuuh... brainfreeze! You know who I mean! And the long car jump was hilarious.

But who was the guy in the freezer again? I NEVER get it lol

Comment

I am surprised so many people are so fond of this episode. I have never really liked this one all that much... Too much farfetched stuff, especially Lionel living through those shots AND the fall from the balcony AND the smash through the glass table, lol..

Upon rewatch.... I am still not crazy about it. Sheriff Ethan turns into a cold blooded murderer and master criminal.... That came out of nowhere. Even with the threat of being "exposed" by Lionel to the community, its pretty hard to imagine a career small town cop all of a sudden turning assassin on Lionel and in the process murdering his own best friend (bartender Mike) and trying to get his other best friend (JK) tossed in jail for life or worse.

"If you don't start trusting me with the truth.... " - Clark to Lex... Ironic, to say the least!

Comment

I'm an avid reader of detective stories (and viewer of numerous crime dramas), So this was a fun watch. There is a core problem with amateur detectives: "why is this amateur more qualified to solve the case, than experienced police officers?", which I think this episode did a good job at resolving. With Clark's powers, he's able to detect things, that a normal human couldn't (of course, if stuff like x-ray vision were real, there'd be some serious regulations about their usage. You probably wouldn't be allowed to x-ray a place, without a warrant). They also have the local sheriff be the bad guy, thus creating a situation where normal law enforcement can't be relied upon. This, in turn, means that they don't have to portray the police as dumb and/or incompetent, to justify an amateur detective handling the case.

My biggest problem with the story was really the final reveal, where Clark confronts Ethan. Clark establishes that he and Lex set this whole thing up. Yet, Lex allows Clark (a 15 year old Kid) to confront an armed man alone. Okay, maybe they weren't sure about who in the Smallville Sheriff's Department that they could trust. But, they could've had some LuthorCorp security present. Unfortunately, they staged the scene in such a way, that it only makes sense if Lex knows that Clark has superpowers.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎