Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 3.4 - Slumber

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the creativity of the episode. Execution was ok. You guys have covered most of the good scenes. I agree that season 1 or 2 lex would've been protecting clark. after that I call it a coin toss until season 5 when it's all over.

And yes the writers could have characters flip flop far too often, and far too fast.

Comment

An episode featuring songs by REM and a girl who is occasionally shown to be in REM Sleep.

I agree with one the earlier posts which highlighted some bad decision making by both Clark and Lana, plus the fact it was too obvious who the bad guy was.

Comment

Ah, Lex mentioning that his favorite Kurosawa movie is Throne of Blood. The good old days, when characters on WB/CW superhero shows were allowed to be into stuff other than Harry Potter and Star Trek. Hopefully, the reference made some viewers look into Kurosawa's body of work.

Enjoyed the episode and would've liked to have seen some follow-up on Sarah. What happened to her? Did she retain her telepathic ability, after waking up? Did she develop her mental abilities further? Considering how many telepaths DC has, it probably wouldn't have been difficult to establish Sarah as one of them (either one, who lacks a real name, or someone they could establish Sarah as being, following a name change).

Originally posted by Sunny8
        I think that Sarah Conroy, for some reason, would have been a good girlfriend for Clark. I don't know why I think that though.
        Wouldn't have worked. With her uncle being sent to jail, Sarah would've likely been sent to another relative or a foster home (moving her away from Smallville). Of course, then you also have the fact that Sarah's a lesbian. How do I know this? Because she and the episode points it out several times: lilacs are her favorite flowers. Violet flowers have been used as a code of self-identification for lesbian women. Also, if you watch the hospital scene, Sarah appears not the least bit interested in Clark.

Originally posted by Bally
        I agree with one the earlier posts which highlighted some bad decision making by both Clark and Lana, plus the fact it was too obvious who the bad guy was.
        The problem that the episode gives Clark isn't for him to try and figure out who did it. While Clark and Lex are talking (in the real-world), Lex points out that Clark hearing something in a dream isn't going to get Nicholas Conroy arrested. (Sarah's) Metahuman abilities have given Clark information about a crime, now he's actually going to have to find a way to prove it. The legal system doesn't acknowledge telepathy. If it actually existed, then there'd be debates about whether or not evidence secured by telepathy would be admissible in a court of law. Superpowers and the law is a topic that rarely get touched upon (sadly). At the most, I remember a Martian Manhunter comic, where it's pointed out that it's illegal to use telepaths in police investigations.

As telepathy wouldn't be accepted as real, at this point in the Smallville-verse's history, whatever evidence Clark may have collected would be inadmissible as evidence.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎