Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 3.3 - Extinction

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good episode but not on my top.Liked how van was a FOTW hunter,liked how it tied with other stories,and the kryptonite bullut is one of the tightest moments in history

Comment

a brilliant episode that is best remembered for the special effects and very clever tie in with previous story lines smallville at its best

Comment

Great episode, mainly because it really highlight's Clark's strength of character! This is one of those super-rare episodes where I really like the Clark-Lana interaction (others being Hug and Siren) because Clark actually calls Lana out on her BS self-righteousness and judgmental nature. I absolutely loved the scene where he tells her, "It's okay to be mad at people who try to hurt you, but it's not fair to take it out on everyone who has been affected by the meteors. It's not their fault--no one asked to be different." He's just such an honorable and caring person--gah! If I were Lana, I'd hug him and never let him go. I don't care if I have to deal with a thousand Red K episodes (that might actually be fun!) or the FBI chasing me down--long as Clark's around in my world, I'd die happy.

Also have to agree with everyone who said the slow-mo kryptonite bullet scene was fantastic! Tom Welling just does pain so well--so realistically! It must help to know that he could never look ugly no matter how much he distorts his face.

Comment

A highly underrated episode (i know it wasn't well received when it first came out).

I was happy when they brought Van back. But it was too short. I feel like this had multi-episode potential, but maybe they avoided it cause it was too X-Men like.

Comment

Guess you could say that this is both a follow-up to the second Tina Greer episode and part of a longer "plotline", where Van teams up with two other past villains of the week, to get revenge on Clark.

In many ways, this was perhaps an episode the show needed. Meteor Freaks had generally been portrayed as psychotic killers and whatnot. Thus, the show often came across like being a meteor freak, automatically made you a bad person. This episode takes a look at that image. Instead of having a FOTW, the villain is a ordinary human, who sets out to kill the meteor infected (regardless of whom they are). And the characters reflect on their past experiences (which have been extremely negative) and opinions on meteor freaks. Even Clark admits that he's always assumed the worst about them and he has powers himself. It's Jonathan who points out that there could be lots of meteor infected, who just live regular lives, maybe even using their abilities to help others. Clark and the others have only run into the bad ones (with like two exceptions: Kyle Tippet and Cassandra), because those are the ones that would cause problems. Commit robberies, murder, etc. You'd never hear about someone like Leonard Wallace (the mechanic Van killed, offscreen), because all he'd use his power for, is to occationally reach for stuff.

On a side note: the software Chloe uses for her MF database is identified onscreen as: Starr-Ware Database System 5.0. In the comics, Starrware Industries, is a company founded and run by Karen Starr (Power Girl). Not sure what we should take from it. It should perhaps be noted, that in the fall of 2003, Power Girl hadn't had her Kryptonian origin restored and still hailed from ancient Atlantis. So, they weren't indicating that there was another Kryptonian walking around on Earth. Of course, if said character had ever appeared, she probably would be a Kryptonian and the reference to her company in this episode would get ignored.
            Last edited by jon-el87; 04-11-2017, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UpandAtom
              Why did Van wait until now to kill the meteor freaks? Why not six months ago, right after his father was killed?
              It sounded like he recently got the list off of Chloe's computer.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎