No announcement yet.

Ep 2.03 - Duplicity

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha..true.

But as I have mentioned before, the biggest gripe of the episode is how Dr. Hamilton even got the ship out of the toolshed in the first place on his own. The guy had one good arm at that point and was sick.

Comment

A decent Pete episode (for once). This episode marked an important moment, in both the development of Pete and the show. This was the first time, that one of Clark's friends learned his secret (thus providing him with a confident, apart from his parents). I liked Pete's reaction. He's understandably upset, that Clark felt that he couldn't be trusted, but at the same time Pete makes it clear that he couldn't care less if Clark was from the moon and was willing to risk his own life, to protect Clark.

The discovery of the spaceship was a bit questionable. It's been months since the storm. Yet, whatever farmer, who owns that field, never came across it. Nor did Clark find it there (I'm assuming he's been looking for it, offscreen). The only way I can make sense of it, is if the ship hadn't been there, the whole time. In "Exodus", we saw Jor-El control the ship, without the key. In season 5, the black ship was shown to be able to become invisible. Finally, in the series finale, we learned that much of Clark's experiences, over these ten years, have been his trials (and a clip from this episode was shown as part of it). It's then possible that the A.I. Jor-El kept the ship hidden, until a suitable time to reveal it to Pete, so Clark would be facing this trial/the plot of the episode.

This episode marked the final appearance of Joe Morton as Dr. Steven Hamilton. I generally enjoy Morton (both here and in other shows/movies), so it's a shame that they didn't use him more.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎