This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Music of Season Three

Discuss the music of this season here!

This season had some of the best music, especially since there was so much opera! Did anyone else notice they stopped doing opera basically after this season (well, technically after season four's "Gone" episode). Those are some of the best music they've had in "Smallville", and it TOTALLY fits the drama of Lionel and his evilness. The opera music is beautiful, and educational. I learned a lot about opera through this season, especially due to the ending piece "Mozart's Requiem" played when Lionel gets his hair shaved. Great stuff! Bring back the opera!

Comment

I thought the beginning of "Exile" was best with "Girls and Boys"

Comment

Here are my favorite music of Season 3;

Exile- "Girls & Boys" by Good Charlotte

Phoenix- "White Flag" by Dido. I always like a Clana moment outside when the sun is about to go down

Perry- "Walkin' in Memphis" by Lonestar

Relic- "I only have eyes for you" by The Flamingos. Jor-El & Louise -- you know.... in the barn

Legacy- "Love's Divine" by Seal. At the Talon with Clana.

Memoria- "My Immortal" by Evanescene. A really touching scene with Martha & Clark

Comment

I agree with LuthorRequiem. That opera a the end of season 3 was the best. I have been looking for that song foreverrrr... You just gave me the name tonight and thanks for that. Now.. off to download it!!..

Comment

Exile during the bank scence! Metallica - Frantic... Best song all season Metallica is my fav band along with System of a Down. I was so surprised when I heard it. Also liked 'Johnny Cash - Hurt' in Shattered even though I like the oringal better with NIN.
            Last edited by Frantiqe; 02-27-2006, 02:04 AM.

Comment

The opera song at the end of "Covenant" was good.

Comment

The thing is, I'd like to know which part of Mozart's Requiem plays at the end of season 3? The whole of Mozart's Requiem is HUGE, it takes up a whole CD, I think.

Comment

so far away by staind in asylum was some kickass music

Comment

Favourite musical moments from season 3 include:

My Immortal (Evanescence) at the end of Memoria
                    All of the REM stuff in Slumber, in particular At My Most Beautiful
                    Earth Angel (The Penguins) in Relic
                    Hurt (Johnny Cash) at the end of Shattered
                    Try (Nelly Furtado) in Delete

And of course, that entire scene at the end of the season when Requiem plays, is stunning, probably one of the most powerful scenes in the whole series. Its like the whole world we've seen created for 3 seasons is all falling apart, its brilliant.

Comment

" Post #8 of 10

The thing is, I'd like to know which part of Mozart's Requiem plays at the end of season 3? The whole of Mozart's Requiem is HUGE, it takes up a whole CD, I think."

It is the first track "Introtoitous" (not sure if the spelling is correct, but it's the first track).

Comment

Originally posted by LuthorRequiem2
                        " Post #8 of 10

The thing is, I'd like to know which part of Mozart's Requiem plays at the end of season 3? The whole of Mozart's Requiem is HUGE, it takes up a whole CD, I think."

It is the first track "Introtoitous" (not sure if the spelling is correct, but it's the first track).
                        Agreed - Season 3 has some really good music. And it was 'Introitus' but it's broken down into two parts. The whole Requiem CD is really amazing but most films/shows only use one piece of the music - mostly the villians.

I believe it's also playing in Superman Returns when Lex is on the boat.

Comment

Does anyone what music is played at the end of ep. 16 crisis?
                          the scene with Lionel and the gun. it's so emotional, I'll really like to know what it is.

Comment

What about Hereafter? What was that song?

Anyone know any Easter Eggs on this seasons DVD set?

Comment

"Frantic" during the bank scene in Exile. I need to get that song! One of my most favorite scenes of all the Smallville scenes, and the song made it just that much better.

"Girls and Boys" at the start of Exile.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎