No announcement yet.

Ep 2.01 - Vortex

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^LOL!!!

This really paid off on the promise of Tempest. After I saw "Tempest" I was on the edge of my seat about how Clark would save Lana and would she know. So the tornado effect was just fantastic.

I noticed that Lana is to the tornado incident as Lex is to the car crash. Re-watching this episode really made me happy that they flashed back to the tornado in the Season 6 episode "Promise."

Also this episode killed my Chlark high fast. I agree with earlier posts. I understand why Chloe did what she did but it's frustrating. Clark was so disappointed. And THEN she's passive aggressive about it the whole rest of the season.

The Jonathan/Lex/Lionel relationship is a powder keg this whole season. I love the way they start off Lex/Jonathan in this episode. It's the most hopeful I've ever been about their relationship. Well... except for the episode where Whitney plays football with the Sharks.

I love how action packed it is without using any of the formula from Season 1. I love how fast paced it is. I love the continued character development. This is a fantastic pay off from the Nixon story arc which began mid Season 1. Great start for Season 2.

Comment

This was a good episode. I watched it yesterday and it made me feel like I was nine again. Because that's how old I was when I first saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
        This episode also had Chloe acting weird as well. This was the only episode I disliked Chloe. "I think it would be a good idea, if we just stayed really good friends. Anything else, just gets too complicated." Then five minutes later, she is crying because Clark agreed. It was her freakin idea. You could see Clark was dissapointed too, but he wanted to go along with what he thought Chloe wanted.

Clark can do a lot of things, but he can't read minds Chloe. It was your fault.

But in Chloe's defense, Clark always has been kind of dense.

I know I posted about this already, but it just needs to be mentioned again. I just can't get over Chloe in this episode.
        Wow. A lot of people were hard on Chloe in this episode. I was sure this episode was the one that made everyone fall in love with her. Come on. She was way to afraid of being hurt by him to tell him the truth, and besides, she already knew his answer in his behavior with how he is toward Lana. She protected herself despite her feelings, and didn't call him out on something that was entirely obvious he wasn't into.

I don't see the error of her ways, especially by openly crying about it. I thought that was understandle.

----- Added 3 Minutes later -----

OMG. On the pictures, did you guys catch the "Bride" homage to Tempest/Vortex? Chloe deletes the pictures of her computer of Clark smiling brightly holding Chloe's arm EXACTLY how he did in Bride. Also, Bride had the nod to "Tempest" as well with Clark giving her the flower.

--I think that's why Clark smiled so wierd in Bride...it was to capture the same effect as in Tempest. (Unlikely, but possible).

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

I don't like how Lana was all "You can't hide out here forever" and trying to get into his business. Just thank him if it was him, and thank him if it wasn't. Move on lady.
        Last edited by davidbrenton; 03-22-2009, 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

What a GREAT start to S2.

I LOVED this episode and the last scene in the field, the sun is shining & Coldplay- In My Place, is playing in the background. AMAZING

When Clark told Jonathan that he felt like he was flying- it gace me chills.

Comment

This is the beginning of Lana questioning clark's secret

Comment

Originally posted by davidbrenton
              I don't like how Lana was all "You can't hide out here forever" and trying to get into his business. Just thank him if it was him, and thank him if it wasn't. Move on lady.
              Yeah I am going through all seasons rewatching every episode. This is the first time you can see "I need to know your secret" Lana. In the first season she was sweet and smiled alot and minded her business.

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                Yeah I am going through all seasons rewatching every episode. This is the first time you can see "I need to know your secret" Lana. In the first season she was sweet and smiled alot and minded her business.
                well seeing as how she saw clark "floating" in the twister with it hardly affecting him, i can understand her intrique and interest, i see no harm in what lana is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Night_Hawk90
                  well seeing as how she saw clark "floating" in the twister with it hardly affecting him, i can understand her intrique and interest, i see no harm in what lana is doing.
                  It started a bad trend though, they should have just knocked her out unconscious. I would say though that "I need to know your secret" Lana started getting repeatative around mid season 3 but you can pinpoint the first time we see that character to this episode

Comment

^^^^^ I think Lana's need to know is a pivotal part of the Smallville story - I think it has to be in any Superman show with characters close to Clark Kent's heart (see Lex, Chloe, Jimmy - but strangely not Lois, which I think is kind of cool and in keeping with classic Lois Lane). However, what I found annoying about Lana's character over the years was that she felt she had a God-given right to be told Clark's secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Lex Dance
                      I think Lana's need to know is a pivotal part of the Smallville story.
                      I think that as well, problem is after awhile that story got repetative and annoying

Comment

This episode would have been better but it was such a big let down compared to the finale.But it had a good plot and lex was pretty tight.He had to make a choice between the big secret or his only friendship

Comment

7 Points

It was a very good start for Season2, Nixon is finally gone and Lex has really done his best to save his friendship, I thought Lex going to let his father die and he will be an evil from this season.... Was even expecting Lex friendship with Clark was officially over, Looks like all the things have settled down other than Lana starts suspecting that Clark hiding things from her... and Poor Chloe, i really feel bad for her again!!

Apart from all these..i have waited the entire episode to see where the damn space ship fall down.... let see who is going to find it now!!!

Comment

Just re-watched this again recently. Still awesome. Especially the dialogue between Nixon and Jonathan and the "I felt like I was flying." Also, I still say the ending with the guitar solo from CP's "In My Place" playing as the camera scans the field and pans down on the ship is one of the best of the show.

Small pet peeve. The dance takes place Sat "night". Yet when the storm clears it is the middle of the day.

Comment

Think this was the first episode, that I ever saw.

A good follow-up to an excellent season finale. We get the Roger Nixon issue resolved, without some convenient amnesia. Nixon knows the truth and there isn't going to be some easily fix for it. At the same time, not all of the problems established in "Tempest" get resolved, in the season premiere (not a nice little bow). You still have the plant risking a shut-down and the threat of Chloe leaving town. I really liked this. The season finale doesn't just set up a bunch of stuff, that gets resolved in the next episode. If we take the last season finale/premiere of The Flash as an example. The finale sees Barry having to enter the speed force, at the end. However, he's out of the speed force, before the season premiere is over. No prolonged time with Barry being gone and Wally serving as the Flash (in fact, he never actually assumed the identity of the Flash). Everything is back to normal (back to the status quo), before the end of the season premiere. Here, we're still left with questions about the LuthorCorp plant (which will affect the whole town of Smallville) and whether or not Chloe will still be around for the season. The events of this episode takes place on a mix of the same day and the day after, the events of "Tempest". These issues are not going to magically be fixed the day after. Lionel isn't going to wake up in a hospital bed and suddenly decide "you know what...? Let's not shut down that plant."

A negative is that it sees the start of Lana pestering Clark about his secret (which is any of her business... how?), which became an annoying part of the show's run.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎