Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Season Two Quotes

Who had the best zingers? Who had the most devastating deliveries? What was the cheesiest reference to Clark's future? Which guest star was the most quotable? Discuss!

One of my all time favorite quotes :

"Clark is the answer that the world has been waiting for" - Nixon in Vortex.

Comment

Clark: "Mom? Where's the ship?!"

Nixon: "Dying in a tomb. That's ironic."

Both funny lines from Vortex. Later I'll post the serious ones that I like.

Comment

From Exodus

Jonathan: Your actions have consequences Clark. Didn't your mother and I ever teach you that?

Comment

I liked the last scene of Exodus with Clark getting ready to leave Smallville.

Clark walks a motorcycle out onto the dirt road outside his house. Day. Lana walks up, worried.

Lana: Clark, where are you going?

Clark walks away from the motorcycle and grabs his leather jacket from a bale of hay where it is resting.

Clark: Away from here.

Lana: The Clark Kent I know wouldn't run away from his problems.

Clark: [Putting on his jacket and going back to the motorcycle] The Clark Kent you know is a lie.

Lana: Why won't you let me in?

Clark: Because, Lana, you won't like what you see.

Lana comes to his side and grabs his arm, turning him around to face her.

Lana: I am not giving up on you.

Clark: No on can save me. Not even you.

Lana: [Starting to cry] Your parents need you. [Whispered as a tear rolls down her cheek] I need you.

Clark looks away painfully. Lana pulls his face back to her.

Lana: I love you, Clark.

Clark: I love you, too... more than you'll ever know. That's why I have to leave.

He turns away from her and pulls the ring out of his pocket. He sits down on the motorcycle and puts the ring on, the red in his veins crawling up his arm and his eyes glow red briefly. He takes a breath, almost relieved as the pain leaves his features, and turns to Lana.

Clark: Come with me.

Lana: Smallville's my home. It's your home too.

Clark shakes his head and puts on his sunglasses.

Clark: Not anymore.

He starts the motorcycle and speeds away, leaving Lana alone and in tears in the middle of the dirt road.

And then the very last scene of the episode:

CUT TO Clark speeding down a country road on the motorcycle, an expression of fierce determination on his face. We hear the voice of Jor-El.

Jor-El: You will obey me, Kal-El.

Clark keeps going down the long straight road of Smallville toward the skyscrapers of Metropolis, just barely visible on the horizon.

Fade to black.

Comment

Vortex is full of great quotes.

Nixon: You have the most amazing being on Earth doing chores on your farm!

Comment

Chloe: "I want to let you in on a secret. I'm not who you think I am. In fact, my disguise is so thin, I'm surprised you haven't seen right through me. I'm the girl of your dreams masquerading as your best friend. Sometimes I want to rip off this facade like I did at the Spring Formal, but I can't because you'll get scared and you'll run away again. So I decided that it's better to live with a lie than expose my true feelings." My dad told me there are two types of girls. The ones you grow out of and the ones you grow into. I really hope I'm the latter. I may not be the one you love today, but I'll let you go for now, hoping one day you'll fly back to me because I think you're worth the wait." [She puts the paper down on her lap and runs her fingers through his hair again. He stirs] Clark..

Cutest quote ever
              and this convo between Lana and Chloe in Rosetta:

Chloe: [Reentering] Did you give up on genealogy or is my personal life more interesting?

Lana: I-I was just looking.

Chloe: So you decided to snoop around.

Lana: [Standing up] Chloe, I'm sorry.

Chloe: Don't look at me like that.

Lana: Like-- What way?

Chloe: Like I'm some lovesick loser who's trying to hang onto something that she's never even had.

Lana: Well, if you have feelings for Clark, maybe you should just tell him.

Chloe: This isn't about me and Clark, Lana. This is about you violating my privacy. This office and everything in it is now off limits.

Lana gets her things and starts to go.

Chloe: Oh, and by the way, I did tell Clark how I felt. I poured my heart out to him when he was sick. And in his delirium, the one name he called out was Lana.

Chloe closes the door in Lana's face.

Comment

from red:

clark:hey check out that birthmark on chloe's cheek
                pete:chloe doesnt have a birth mark on her cheek clark
                clark:not that cheek
                pete:clark thats chloe your scoping
                clark:not just chloe

tom welling's facial expressions make the quotes

Comment

Clark and Pete's talk from "Duplicity":

PETE: So what, you're not human?

CLARK: I don't know what I am. I don't know where that ship brought me from. All I know is that I grew up in Smallville and everything that I care about and everyone that I care about is here.

PETE: If you care about me so much, why didn't you tell me sooner?

CLARK: Pete, believe me. Not a day went by where I didn't want to tell you but my parents thought it'd be too dangerous. Not just for me but for anyone who knew.

Pete circles around Clark looking at him intently.

CLARK: Pete, another reason I didn't tell anyone was because I was afraid they'd look at me the same way you're looking at me now.

PETE: Yeah, how's that!

CLARK: Like a freak!

Pete is silent.

CLARK: Would you just say something? Call me a freak, call me a monster, I don't care. Just say something.

PETE: It's like I don't even know you.

CLARK: Yes you do know me. I'm the same kid who used to camp outside your backyard. We ride our bikes in the woods. We'd play basketball with your brothers. Nothing has changed.

PETE: Yeah, right.

Pete leaves the cellar.

Comment

Favorite Tom/Clark quotes in Second Season

1) VORTEX:
                    Clark (to Martha Kent): Dad's a survivor. So are you, mom. I never realized how strong you were until today. You were like Super Mom.

2) DUPLICITY:
                    Pete: Clark, look...I know I sort of went postal when all this started. But after what happened to Dr. Hamilton, I realize why you never told me and I'm sorry.
                    Clark: Well, I guess you had reason to be upset.
                    Martha: We're just glad you weren't hurt.
                    Pete: There's still one thing: Dr. Hamilton tried to kill me and he could have told the whole world about you, but you still tried to save him.
                    Clark: Well, Pete, I couldn't let you die to protect my secret, and I can't let anyone else die, either. No matter who they are.
                    Pete: Man, it's not easy being you, is it?
                    Clark (smiling): Well, good thing is I got my best friend to watch my back.
                    Jonathan: Pete...I'm proud of you. But I do hope you realize what a tremendous responsibility knowing this secret is. And believe me, it's not going to get easier.
                    Clark: That's my dad's way of saying, "Welcome to the family."

3) SKINWALKER:
                    Kyla (to Clark): The cave walls: It's the legend of Naman. My ancestors have passed down this story for generations. They said it had been written in the earth long ago, but nobody ever knew where it was until now. Thank you.

Clark: No problem.

Kyla: You don't understand. My grandfather has been searching for this wall his whole life. It was prophesied that Naman would fall from the skies in a rain of fire. They said that Naman will have the strength of 10 men and will be able to start fires with his eyes. It probably sounds silly.

Clark: Not to me.

Kyla: The pictographs are a lot more detailed up here.

Clark: What does it say?

Kyla: It promises that one day Naman will protect the entire world. This is Segeeth. He's like a brother to Naman. Legend has it, one day he'll turn against Naman, and together they'll be the balance of good and evil.

4) RUSH:
                    Pete (to Clark): Can We tell her?

Clark: I'm surprised she hasn't figured it out already.

Chloe: Figured out what?

Clark: Hey, Pete. Do the honors.

Pete: "With Pleasure." (Pete hits Clark with a baseball bat). "It gets better...Clark, it's a little dark in here." (Clark turns on a lamp with his heat vision).

Chloe: How did you... (Clark super speeds over to Chloe).

Clark: Do that?

Chloe (to Clark): What are you?

Clark: Let's just say I'm not from around here.

Chloe (to Pete): You knew about this?

Pete: He's my brother...from another planet.

Clark (to Chloe): You should see the look on your face right now.

Chloe: Oh, my gosh! This is so cool. Can you fly?

Clark (laughing): Wait a minute...I may be an alien, but I'm not a cartoon.
                    Chloe: So if I fell...would you catch me?

Clark: Go for it. (Clark super speeds and catches Chloe).

Chloe: My own personal superhero. I always knew there was something special about you, Clark Kent. (Lex comes along).

Lex: I hope I'm not interrupting.

Clark (to Lex): You are.

Chloe: Does Lex know?

Clark: No. I only tell people who don't go around stabbing me in the back and lying to me.

5) ROSETTA:
                    Jonathan and Clark Kent

Jonathan: Your mother told me you were back. Clark, I know that whatever Dr. Swann told you must be...overwhelming, but...if you need to talk about it, your mother and I are always here.

Clark: Ever since you told me about this ship, I wondered if there were others out there like me. Now I know there's not. I'm totally alone.

Jonathan: Clark, you are never alone, son. This is your home, and we love you very much. Come on, let's go back up.

Clark: In a minute. I figured out what this is. It's the ship's heart.

Jonathan: Really? Have you used it yet?

Clark: I don't want to do it alone.

Jonathan: Let's do it together. It's hard to believe you were ever that small. What is it, son?

Clark: It's a message from my biological father. I'm sure I'm reading it wrong.

Jonathan: Why? What does it say?

Clark: "On this third planet from the star Sol, you will be a god among men. They are a flawed race. Rule them with strength, my son. That is where your greatness lies." I think I was sent here to conquer. What kind of a planet am I from?

Jonathan: Maybe you did misread it, Clark. But even if you didn't, it's you who decides what kind of a life you're gonna lead. Not me, not your mother, not your...biological parents.

Clark: What if it's part of who I am? Is that the kind of person I will become?

Jonathan: Clark Kent, you're here to be a force for good, not a force for evil.

Clark: How can you be so sure?

Jonathan: Because I am your father. I raised you, and I know you better than anyone.

6) PRECIPE:

Jonathan: You did throw him into that car, Clark.

Clark: Maybe this is where it all starts. Remember what it said in the spaceship? "They are a flawed race. Rule them with strength."

Jonathan: Son, I got into a lot of fights when I was your age, too, believe me. But, Clark, these are not alien feelings. What you have to remember under these circumstances is that there are consequences.

Martha: Your father is right. You don't make decisions in a split second you have to live with for the rest of your life.

Jonathan: Clark, it's true. We are a flawed race, sure. But we're a flawed race that raised you. You're a lot more human than you think.

7) CALLING:

Clark: What does it mean? The day is coming when I'll begin my quest to rule?

Jonathan: We don't know, son. But when and if that day comes, your mother and I both know that you will do the right thing.

8) VORTEX:

Jonathan: Clark, Nixon told me that Lex offered to pay for information on us.

Clark: Lex told me that he warned Nixon to stay away.

Jonathan: One of them is lying, son.

Clark: The question you need to ask yourself is: which one tried to kill you, and which one saved your life.

9) VISITOR:

Lana (to Clark): Well, we all have our ways of escaping from our lives. I ride, Chloe writes, and you...you do incredibly strenuous farm chores by yourself.

Clark (smiling at Lana): Well, I guess you know my deepest and darkest secret now.

Comment

I think it goes without saying the best quote in the history of TV is Tina as Clark saying

"I'm gonna kick your ass kent!"

Comment

Mine is from suspect when lionel and the sheriff talk, "sheriff that's an elected position." and also from prodigal the whole frog and the scorpion fable part.

Comment

From Rush:

Chloe: You're the cunning linguist. Why don't you translate this? Kiss... my... ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Chloe>All
                            From Rush:

Chloe: You're the cunning linguist. Why don't you translate this? Kiss... my... ass.
                            I second this one. I loved it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by do3mire
                              I second this one. I loved it!!!
                              i like this one ! lol ...

i ment this one. oops lol

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎