X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gone ep 2

Comment

Originally posted by Ms. Mack
      What episode does Chloe come back from being 'dead'?
      Gone. Ep 4 x 2

Comment

What became of Gabe Sullivan? He went into the safe house with Chloe at the end of 'Covenant' just before it was blown up. Since Chloe was presumed dead in 'Crusade' and had already been given a funeral following the explosion, what about Gabe? You'd think the same fate was assumed to have befallen him. I can't recall if he was even mentioned on the show specifically after the safe house explosion. In 'Crusade' when Lois goes to the house and explains to Martha why it's so important to establish exactly why Chloe died, she doesn't mention her uncle. At the end of 'Recruit' when Lois is trying to get Clark to offer to let her stay at the farm once more, she mentions that she can't stay at Chloe's because 'they' have a tiny one-bedroomed apartment. Are we to assume that by 'they', she means Chloe and her uncle? I get that the character plays only a bit-part role in the overall story but, rather like Jimmy and even Grant Gabriel, it seems like out of sight means out of mind.

Comment

Gabe was last seen entering the tunnels with Chloe. And I think the last time he was actually mentioned was in season four's Jinx where Chloe mentions that he's still out of a job.

He wasn't at the High School graduation and he wasn't at Chloe's wedding. He wasn't even mentioned when Chloe asked Clark to giver her away at the altar.

Comment

There was never any reference to him having died. I figure he and Chloe simply had a falling out, at some point, offscreen. My basis for this is what happened in season 3. Chloe's actions lead to him being fired and blacklisted. Her investigations into Lionel Luthor forced them to go into hiding and had people trying to kill them. All of this (and, potentially, other times, when Chloe playing investigative journalist caused problems) could've pushed him over the edge, where he ultimately lashed out at her. And they haven't spoken since.

Then you also have the fact, that Chloe learned the truth about her mother, in season 4 (having previously believed that her mother abandoned her). They don't make it clear, if Gabe knew and had kept it from Chloe. If he knew, it would give Chloe a reason to cut all ties with her father. For years, he had let her go on thinking, that her mother abandoned her and didn't care about her.

It could've been both. Him lashing out at her, for all the problems caused by her playing investigative journalist, while she lashes out at him, for not telling the truth about her mother.

Comment

Originally posted by akdizenko
              Hey there. I got a question.
              was Countess Margaret Isobel Theroux made up by the writers of Smallville or was she in the comic?
              As far as I know, Isobel is made up, but the idea of Lana being taken over by an old mystical person is from the 80's, where Earth-2 Lana was taken over by the insect queen when her dad gave her an artifact that he'd found in egypt.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎