Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.19 - Crush

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

To this day, having watched Season 1-9 many, many MANY times. The funeral scene in Crush is one of the very best scenes in smallville history.

The song choice, slow-mo camera work, the drama, the rain. It all just works to make a very beautiful and touching scene. It reminds me in a way to the Rabid scene in Season 9. (maybe its the rain)

I love the way that scene, without words, tells us that Clark and Lana cannot be together right now, even though they both obviously REALLY want to be together.

And Chloe sees it all. Poor Chloe.

(I haven't thought poor Chloe in a long time.)

Comment

Sounds interesting, I really do love that back ground song at the end. Can any body tell me what track it is? I want that song!!

Comment

"Time after Time" by Eva Cassidy.

Comment

Time for another season 1 episode watch!

These freak of the weak episode begings are always so weird. This guy reminds me a bit of the guy in The Social Network with his social awkwardness. lol

----- Added 59 Seconds later -----

500 applicants for an intern at the Daily Planet and Clark gets a real job there with very little experience. Lucky man.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I don't like jealous Chloe. Clark is so clueless.

----- Added 8 Minutes later -----

Clark and Lana should just end the angst and make out now.

----- Added 9 Minutes later -----

I actually prefer Clana to Chlark big time in season 1. I know there are a lot of Chlark fans in the early days, but I can't get into it. He's always in love with Lana.

----- Added 14 Minutes later -----

I hate that the girls of this show are always falling for murderous and or crazy freaks.
          Last edited by A Flawed Fashion; 11-02-2010, 09:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I like the telekinesis power, but I think this episode could have been better. 6/10

Comment

I can't help but to feel this is one of my favorite episodes of the season. I loved the FOTW and I was never an Adam Brody fan. Killing off of the greatest principal to ever live was so sad especially when there was a twist to it. Looks like Chloe was the first to develop the falling in love with the crazy meteor freak even before Lana got into it.

Comment

I am not sure why so many people say the funeral scene is great. basically what we get is a guy's dad dies and at the funeral we see Clark looking at Lana, Chloe looking at Clark like am I losing him, Lana looking back at Clark like I rather be with him then my current boyfriend whose dad died. yeah way to highlight somebody's death and the importance to the person who it actually effects. But hey the song was good and fit the eye screwing Clark, Lana and Chloe all were doing with eachother

Comment

Just rewatching the episode and still not getting what Justin was really upset about. OK, sure, his hands were crushed and the driver was never caught but his telekenisis allowed him to dra this very good portrait of his doctor and then this really beautiful picture of Chloe.

So his artisitic ability is in no way hampered. Why was he mad again?

Comment

rewatched this ep, and I just realized that it makes Clark and Lana look like total *******s.

Clark barely notices Chloe when she shows signs of being interested in him. But the minute Chloe wants to move on, all of a sudden he's interested in her.

Lana is upset because Whitney is happy that his father is doing great, and He's actually paying attention to her for once. Boohoo! She said that all the angst defined the relationship. So.... is Lana actually addicted to angst? Because that would explain so much. It makes me think of that fanfiction where Lana was a emotional vampire who fed on misery.

And Lana doesn't pay attention to Clark when he's pining for her... but the minute he goes out with Chloe, she's upset!
                    Last edited by Aurora Moon; 09-17-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Not to mention the added drama at a fricking funeral!

But at least Seth Cohen was in it.

Comment

Can you imagine if Whitney's father didn't die but went on to be a very healthy man instead?

Then Lana would had broken up with him. I'm just picturing that scene:

Whitney: "Wait a minute.... you're breaking up with me because I'm too happy for your tastes?"

*Lana looks up at her boyfriend with large, dewy eyes and trembling lips* "But don't you see, Whitney? Your angst defined our entire relationship. You were such a emotional wreck, and it made me feel needed!! Now that you're happy for once, I don't see how you can need me anymore...!"

*Whitney stares at Lana like she grew second head* "What the heck? That doesn't make sense at all...Don't you want a happy, healthy relationship? I know I do."

*Lana shakes her head* "Sorry, but I can't truly be happy unless you're miserable! I need a daily quota of angst and drama in my life, otherwise I'll never be happy...!" *she starts crying*

*Whitney backs away from Lana*: "I just realized that you're the worst girlfriend ever in existence. Whelp, I'm going to join the military just to get away from you."
                        Last edited by Aurora Moon; 09-17-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

It's never established how Justin gained his telekinesis. It could be Kryptonite, but like Justin speculated, it could've been a way for his body to compensate for his losing the motor skills in his hand. Granted, in "Extinction", Justin is listed as a meteor freak by Lana and Chloe. However, at that point, those two thought all powers were the result of Kryptonite infection (hence why they both later believed Clark to be infected, when they learned about his powers). So, this week's metahuman antagonist may not be a meteor freak.

Though, I think the Lex-plot with Pamela was more important, than the FOTW story. It gives us a deeper look into Lex's childhood. Then, of course, you have the fact that Pamela is later revealed to be the mother of Tess Mercer. In fact, when you consider later revelations, it adds another layer to the Lex-plot. Lillian Luthor left Pamela LuthorCorp stock. Did she know about Tess? Then she possibly gave Pamela the stocks, in the hope that Pamela would be able to find her daughter and give her the stocks. Giving Lionel's only daughter her birthright. It gives Lionel additional reasons for getting rid of Pamela: he was afraid that she'd tell Lex about Tess. And where she's been for the past nine years. I know Lionel said she'd been in Saint-Tropez, but I wouldn't put it past him to lie. It's entirely possible that she's spent the past nine years looking for Tess. Then, when she gets cancer and has nothing left to loose, she seeks out Lex. Presumably telling him about Tess, before her death, urging him to continue the search. Which then leads to him finding her and giving her a job at LuthorCorp. Leading to her taking over LuthorCorp in season 8.

I'm glad Pamela and Lionel never interacted in the episode. Otherwise, the later Tess reveal would clash with their interaction in this episode. Had they met in this episode, they would've argued over Lex, when the later reveal would require them to fight over their daughter and Lionel abandoning her.

According to this episode, Chloe's life doesn't revolve around Clark. Which is ironic, as in later seasons, her life pretty much entirely revolves around Clark.

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                          Just rewatching the episode and still not getting what Justin was really upset about. OK, sure, his hands were crushed and the driver was never caught but his telekenisis allowed him to dra this very good portrait of his doctor and then this really beautiful picture of Chloe.

So his artisitic ability is in no way hampered. Why was he mad again?
                          Well, the kid was clearly not entirely stable (heck, after killing Kwan, he went home and drew a comic about the murder he just committed). Furthermore, while gaining telekinesis allowed him to continue drawing (possibly even enhancing that ability), it'd be something that he would never be able to show the outside world. Keep in mind, while there are metahumans in the world, they're not going to become public knowledge for almost a decade. The metahumans of this world are still "in the closet", so to speak. If he'd try to create art, which he then tries to sell, people will ask how someone with damaged hands could draw so well. This could potentially expose his ability to the public. Which Justin would fear, would result in him being dragged to some lab and experimented on or something. Hence, why he didn't reveal his powers during his stay at the hospital.

Comment

Fun fact: the actress who plays Pamela Jenkins, is married to Sherman Howard, who played Lex Luthor on the 80's Superboy TV series.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎