Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.15 - Nicodemus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just watching a episode of Star Trek TOS Season 1 called This Side Of Paradise and i couldn't stop thinking about how similar it is to think story , give or take a few things , if your a Star Trek Fan then maybe you noticed this before but if not ,watch it , it is really similar to Nicodemus

P.S. I Love this epi , one of the best of Season 1

Comment

remember lana's pool/strip scene in season one?

This has probably been discussed already, but I was just thinking about it... Lana was a freshman when she did her strip down for Clark in the pool. I know kristin kreuk/her body double was over 18, but Lana would have been like 14 or 15 at that time. It just seems kinda strange that they would show a "young teen" showing off like that.

Anyone else think so?

Comment

Originally posted by jayro***7
        This has probably been discussed already, but I was just thinking about it... Lana was a freshman when she did her strip down for Clark in the pool. I know kristin kreuk/her body double was over 18, but Lana would have been like 14 or 15 at that time. It just seems kinda strange that they would show a "young teen" showing off like that.

Anyone else think so?
        You have to remember 14/15 year olds were driving in this town as well as being the editor for the school newspaper. A Senior was dating a freshman(and it seemed like the relationship has been going on for awhile), etc etc etc
        Last edited by Supsfan; 01-27-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jayro***7

Anyone else think so?
          A real 14/15 year old girl very well might do that kind of thing in front of a guy. It's strange if we think about it, but as something between two 14 year olds it really isn't strange at all.

Comment

Eh the pool was the best part kinda slow plot

Comment

I'm probably in the minority here, but Nicodemus was NOT one of my favorite Season 1 episodes, and thus, it doesn't rank high in general in Smallville episodes as far as I'm concerned. It was kind of fun to watch some of the characters act in a different way, and it set up a recurring plot device in doing that, but still... I just didn't care for it all that much. Eh. 5 out of 10.

Comment

Totally one of my favorite episodes. It's funny, great acting and good serious moments. I like the scene between Martha and Clark at the hospital, I thought Jonathan out of character was priceless with burping Lex in the face and then being all creepy LOL. Also loved how he was all grimacing from all the hugging when he wakes up again too lol. Lana was fun with Clark at the pool, Clark being all shy and embarressed... I really liked it XD

Comment

Originally posted by CB2006
                  I liked this episode, mainly for Jonathan's scenes. It was a different side of Jonathan that we were not used to seeing, whether it be early in the series as this episode was, or throughout the five seasons aired. It was fun to see John Schneider go from a 'good ole boy' to rude and horny.
                  Sexy...

Comment

Originally posted by A Flawed Fashion
                    A real 14/15 year old girl very well might do that kind of thing in front of a guy. It's strange if we think about it, but as something between two 14 year olds it really isn't strange at all.
                    Don't remind me about the age, I feel guilty enough for drooling over that pool scene!

Comment

One of my favorites from season one. Most of the time, whenever characters begin to act differently, it’s an enjoyable episode, and that is the case here. 8/10

Comment

I liked this episode mostly for CLana and Johnathan high on nicodemus. Lana's sexy school outfit really wasnt that sexy imo, I wore stuff like that to school all the time. But I did think the pool scene was really good and will probably go down in Smallville history. This was technically their first kiss, but I really wasnt that impressed with it, I don't know why; just seemed a little awkward, unlike the Red kiss.

Comment

I don't understand why they felt they had to use a body double for Lana's close ups in the pool scene. I can understand a stunt double for diving, but did SHE not want that tight of a close up on her body or what?

Also, my favorite scenes are Lex's reaction to Johnathan' burp, and the fact that Clark was just sitting in the Torch office just playing with a tiny propeller and when Lana asked him if he was going to class he said he really didn't feel like it! Lol. Clark...class is optional...Kent, haha.

Comment

Wow, even Lana finds herself annoying.

The episode doesn't have a clean cut antagonist, instead the problem of the week is a lab experiment, that have gotten out in the open. Given that most of this season's episodes dealt with meteor freaks, it is a nice break from the usual formula.

I'm a little annoyed with Chloe going to tell Clark about Pete, rather than calling the cops. This is an aspect of the show, that thankfully improved after she learned Clark's secret. Right now, it's just weird that she went to him (and knew that he was at the hospital, rather than at home or elsewhere), rather than calling the cops. Though, I suppose she might've hoped that Clark would be able to talk him down. A cop would've pointed a loaded gun at Pete and ordered him to drop the gun. As the effects of the flower made Pete aggressive, such a situation wouldn't have ended well. In the episode, we saw the full range of Pete's character. He shows interest in a girl, then expresses hostility towards the Luthors... I wonder what his reaction to Tess would've been...

Comment

The episode doesn't have a clean cut antagonist and it is bad...

Comment

I also thought it was funny in the opening scene, Jonathon was listening to Waylon Jennings "Good ole boys" on the radio. That was the opening song to the Dukes of Hazard. John played Bo Duke.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎