Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ep 1.14 - Zero

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Lex episodes and real mystery episodes, so I definitely liked this one, especially on the first viewing.

It was funny when the fiancé realized that Lex had brought his future wife to the club so that she'd witness his ''infidelity''.

Also, that episode had great continuity. We saw Phelan and we know how Lex took care of his wound (the weird doctor we saw in Hug).

On a side note, I thought that zero consequences was a great ad line for a club.

Comment

I love this episode so damn much!
      I liked to get more into Lex's past...
      I can't get tired of seeing it.

Comment

It was an interesting episode, but it had some fails. The show improved in this aspect along it's course

Comment

A murder mystery episode which was kinda lop sided.

Lex rocked but the rest... 5/10

Comment

I loved this episode! Primarily because it centered around Lex instead of Clark, its nice to have something different every once and a while. I was amazed when the full story of Club Zero was finally told, the fiance shot the gun! It was weird seeing Corin Nemec in this role as such a....freaky guy! I'm used to him on another show as well (Stargate SG1). This show sure also a lot of Stargate actors that guest star! Even the fiancé's brother was from Stargate SG1. I thought the idea of a look-alike of the guy shot was kinda lame. Nobody can look that much alike! It was cool to see Phelan again. I liked the stuff with Lana and the Talon.

Comment

the only reason this episode is good is beacause i like flashbacks.

Comment

This episode was a little more "adult" and on the violent side. The hand-in-the-box moment was pretty gross... However, it was still a really intense, mysterious episode, and I enjoyed seeing glimpses of Lex's earlier history. The story kept me guessing right up until the end, even though I think the look-alike bit was a little of a stretch. I give this episode 7 Club Zero matchbooks out of 10!

Comment

It’s nice to see some of Lex’s past, and the past come back to threaten him. 7/10

Comment

I think the point of the varying flashbacks is to leave the situation vague, Lex is bound to say that he didn't do it when being threatened etc . . . also in the flashbacks the dancers keep on dancing as someone gets shot! Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Dream of Vegas
                      I think the point of the varying flashbacks is to leave the situation vague, Lex is bound to say that he didn't do it when being threatened etc . . . also in the flashbacks the dancers keep on dancing as someone gets shot! Really?
                      I think the point was that it was so loud that they couldn't even hear a gun shot.

Comment

An underrated episode.

Loved how it showed Lex being a mastermind even then by orchetsrating Jude being caught. Plus the continuity of bringing Phaelon back as well as letting us see the knife wound the doc from Hug talked about. Overall a solid 8/10 for effective storytelling and building on Lex's backstory.

Comment

I've been going through the early seasons to get a handle on Lex for my own writing. I need to be able to refer to certain incidents in his past to write his present and future direction, and this episode is one that, being very Lex-centric, offered a good window.

The episode as a whole is very good but the big let-down is the ridiculously convoluted methodology and fairly flimsy reasoning of the story's antagonist. I've noticed that to be a bit of a recurrent theme in those episodes where somebody is out to get Lex. The convoluted strategies are common but the reasoning doesn't always make sense. It can make the ones going after Lex look a bit crackpot. Think of 4x09 (Bound), 5x11 (Lockdown), 6x19 (Nemesis) and 7x09 (Gemini).

'Zero' did showcase the brilliant Faithless track 'God Is A DJ' which is a plus. Faithless' music also featured prominently in 'Bound'.

Comment

An enjoyable mystery. We get a glimpse into Lex's past, which show's him being bad, even when he tries to do good. He tries to alert Amanda about Jude's infidelity. However, rather than just telling her, he arranges for her to see his infidelity in person. Leaving the poor woman shocked and upset. He then covers for her, about the shooting of Jude, trying to protect her. However, this, probably, caused her to be afraid to tell anyone. Which may have contributed to her suicide. Given the circumstances, she probably wouldn't have been punishes severly for shooting Jude. He had a knife and had already stabbed Lex. It would've been written off as self-defense. Afterwards, she could've gone to therapy. Instead, Lex's actions forced her to silence. Leading to a suicide, two years later.

I like the doubleganger aspect of the story. It's not a shapeshifter or the product of plastic surgery. It's simply a look-a-like. It's questionable, that the two have the same voice. But, Amanda's brother could've coached him to mimic Jude's voice. The reason that I like it, is because Clark is one day going to disguise himself with nothing but glasses (well, glasses + having his hair differently, when he's Clark Kent and Superman). When you establish the existence of look-a-likes (which is a real thing. Some even make a living out of looking like celebraties), the disguise becomes more believeable. Clark Kent then simply becomes a dude, who resembles the Man of Steel. Heck, there could be several guys in the western world, who resembles him. Only they have a different hair color, jawline, nose or something. Clark just adds the glasses and makes sure that his hair is styled differently, to downplay the physical similarities. In later seasons, we see them having voice altering tech. So, he could use that as Superman. Maybe have MM pose as either Clark or Superman at some point and have them appear next to each other. Then, not only have people seen the two together, but MM could modify certain details (ex. making Clark appear a little shorter than Superman).

Apart from the Club Zero matter, the episode also have Chloe trying to do a student biography of Clark Kent, leading to her starting to dig around his adoption. This makes me turn against her a bit. Adoptions can be sensitive matters, for those involved (even when the person adopted isn't an alien from the planet Krypton) and here Chloe digs around in it, without thinking it through. On the bright side, Clark is allowed to lash out at her (unlike when Lana does something wrong). She crossed a line and Clark, rightfully, called her out on it. The student biography plot kinda shows that Chloe is unsuitable for a career in journalism. Her assignment was to write a six page biography on Clark Kent. However, she finds the actual task boring, so she starts digging around in Clark's adoption (something most would just leave as a minor note, at the start of the paper. Ex: "Clark Kent was adopted by Jonathan and Martha Kent in the fall of 1989"), because there is a mystery for her to solve. A real journalist can't blow off an assignment, that they've been given, because they don't find it "interesting enough" and write about whatever they feel like.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎